ADVERTISEMENT

So which one of you is the a$$hole....

...that knocked Braden's Dad's hat off and told Braden he sucks after the FDU game? I really hate a subset of our fanbase.

so I wrote in ON3
"Kinda sad how some people treat a player or a parent of a player. Both hurt more than the fans...both put so much more into it than a fan.

That said I do have to laugh a bit at Dustin being in the video. Just prior to the Michigan game I went to shake his hand and say hello as I always do before the games. Only this time I had someone with me that has never met Dustin although his nieces have. As I introduced them I said some of us know him as Dustin, but all those out there know him as Braden's dad and that he no longer has a personal identity on his own, but one from his son. He said shhhhh so that people couldn't hear that. Now everyone can recognize him. ;)

...that knocked Braden's Dad's hat off and told Braden he sucks after the FDU game? I really hate a subset of our fanbase.

Self-entitled "fans" are the worst. They aren't satisfied with their own life accomplishments and somehow believe it will change if these players can simply bring them a banner. When their expectations aren't met, they lash out. The Indinia fanbase is full of them, especially the underground base. But we have our share, too.

That's not a Purdue fan, that's someone with a mental health issue. Hope they get help before their life spirals out-of-control.

Woulda said some words to that “fan” and then apologized to Braden and his dad and let them know we all believe in Braden and IMO, once his career done after 4 years, may become the best PG that Purdue has ever had.

Self-entitled "fans" are the worst. They aren't satisfied with their own life accomplishments and somehow believe it will change if these players can simply bring them a banner. When their expectations aren't met, they lash out. The Indinia fanbase is full of them, especially the underground base. But we have our share, too.
If you are searching for "happiness" in other people or other things you will never find it.

Woulda said some words to that “fan” and then apologized to Braden and his dad and let them know we all believe in Braden and IMO, once his career done after 4 years, may become the best PG that Purdue has ever had.
THAT is not the first occurrence of some improper behavior towards Braden. I'm not saying anymore other than lighten up on these players. None want to play poorly or just make a bad play. All want to win. Purdue has a really good group of people that just happen to be good ball players.

That is just dumbassery at its finest. You support your team through wins and losses. NO ONE likes to lose but especially the players.

I applaud this team and their efforts. They know when they screw up and try to learn from it. My prayer is always, they know who God is, trust Jesus, and be the best them they can be. Apart from that, there is nothing this team owes us or any fan.

THAT is not the first occurrence of some improper behavior towards Braden. I'm not saying anymore other than lighten up on these players. None want to play poorly or just make a bad play. All want to win. Purdue has a really good group of people that just happen to be good ball players.
It seems that those fans don't even see that what they are doing is wrong. They justify their behavior with, "These aren't kids, they're grown men. If they can't take it, they shouldn't be in major college sports."

I noted that some of them were even referring to Longhorn-Gibbs' mom as unbalanced or immature, when their own behavior after a Purdue loss has been as bad -- or worse. At least she was being emotional about her own son and how she felt he was being treated. These "fans" think these players owe them something, personally, and they have a meltdown when it isn't handed to them.

More and more in our society, people think they can say and/or do things and there won't be consequences, and often times they're right. Some would argue that the political temperature in this country right now lends to that ideal. Andy is right above: "those fans don't even see that what they are doing is wrong."

It's a shame.

More and more in our society, people think they can say and/or do things and there won't be consequences, and often times they're right. Some would argue that the political temperature in this country right now lends to that ideal. Andy is right above: "those fans don't even see that what they are doing is wrong."

It's a shame.
Well you have a whole group of people wearing shirts proudly that say " F your feelings."

It's a shame.
I would say this falls more at the feet of social media. A lot of people say and do things without consequences. As a post I once read said “A lot of people have never been punched in the face and it shows.” Hiding behind anonymity emboldens a lot of people. Seems like overall society is a lot less respectful of each other and downright rude. That said, I don’t like this particular anecdote being told on the Journey as this handful of clowns who were probably drunk now sully the good name of our fan base as a whole. There’s no way that’s how the majority of Purdue fans reacted to that or any other loss.

Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
It seems that those fans don't even see that what they are doing is wrong. They justify their behavior with, "These aren't kids, they're grown men. If they can't take it, they shouldn't be in major college sports."

I noted that some of them were even referring to Longhorn-Gibbs' mom as unbalanced or immature, when their own behavior after a Purdue loss has been as bad -- or worse. At least she was being emotional about her own son and how she felt he was being treated. These "fans" think these players owe them something, personally, and they have a meltdown when it isn't handed to them.
Thankfully they are not a huge number and I really don't think any that posts here would go that far. We live in a time where many want instant gratification and believe they are owed. I know sometimes things get a bit heated here, but I just don't think any poster here would fall under "these fans".

Maybe you could start fixing the problem on this forum and start engaging in civilized discussions and learn how to spell the state of Indiana! That joke is rude and very disrespectful and should be beneath Purdue fans! By accepting that type of behavior and language on this forum, you are basically encouraging people that’s it’s acceptable in real life! Maybe you could also refrain from swearing at strangers as well. You have a college degree from a respected university. Perhaps you could use it.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Maybe you could start fixing the problem on this forum and start engaging in civilized discussions and learn how to spell the state of Indiana! That joke is rude and very disrespectful and should be beneath Purdue fans! By accepting that type of behavior and language on this forum, you are basically encouraging people that’s it’s acceptable in real life! Maybe you could also refrain from swearing at strangers as well. You have a college degree from a respected university. Perhaps you could use it.
What an odd response. People should be civil for sure but something as harmless as spelling "Indinia" being "rude and very disrespectful" is over the top IMO.

Isn't that the same difference of opinion you are implying others aren't allowing you?

Repeated studies have shown that people who curse more tend to be smarter.

A semi-private fan forum where everyone shares an interest in Purdue sports is very different from social media in general. Mocking rivals is what we're supposed to do here.

Reactions: Schnelk
Wole, I thought you told us all to stop talking about IU and you brought them up again?

Whoever did that needed an ass kickings, what a jerk that isn’t a Purdue fan, that’s someone who probably gets more satisfaction when they lose instead of when they win. Thankfully, that’s few and far between, every fan base has fans like this.

Who is this "you" you are referring to? Are you accusing everyone on this board or are you singling out an individual but still haven't figured out how to respond to posts here.

And it isn't surprising that you missed the point and are once again making this thread about you.

Reactions: pu1985 and tjreese
A lot of fans take college sports way to seriously and are overly vested in the success of their schools' team. Purdue fans think yelling derogatory comments at our players is wrong (which it is), but find it perfectly acceptable to yell or make fun of players from other teams.

I guess I get it. I probably had some of those ugly feelings when I was younger but as I age I can't reconcile why fans consider 18 to 23 year-olds their enemy because they go to a different college.

It’s a large fan base and any fan base that size is going to include some idiots, but I have always found the Purdue fan base as a whole to be more civil and respectful than most other large fan bases in the country. Purdue fans can be a little cynical about the NCAA Tournament, but a vast majority support the young men who represent the university well. Too bad that a few bad apples can make the whole fan base look bad.

A lot of fans take college sports way to seriously and are overly vested in the success of their schools' team. Purdue fans think yelling derogatory comments at our players is wrong (which it is), but find it perfectly acceptable to yell or make fun of players from other teams.

I guess I get it. I probably had some of those ugly feelings when I was younger but as I age I can't reconcile why fans consider 18 to 23 year-olds their enemy because they go to a different college.
In some cases...those other players wanted to go to Purdue. I can't imagine Brooks Barnhizer not wanting to go to Purdue. Dad played at Purdue and Brooks played his last few years in Lafayette. He has been solid for NW

As I am obviously a CWS fan, it wasn’t me. I didn’t go. And, although devastated at that loss, I would never. Boiler TF Up tonight Braden!!!
I don't think the hat in question refers to the perpetrator, but the one being worn by Braden's dad. If it was a CWS hat, I wouldn't have knocked it off his head, but I would have politely questioned his judgment.

Ahh, I did not watch the clip yet. Thanks for the clarification, Cubs fan.

In some cases...those other players wanted to go to Purdue. I can't imagine Brooks Barnhizer not wanting to go to Purdue. Dad played at Purdue and Brooks played his last few years in Lafayette. He has been solid for NW
Brooks was pretty phenomenal at Lafayette Jeff. I would have to imagine we had already extended offers to other players and may have had a lot jam and therefore, did not offer him. He has definitely gotten better each year at NW and great to see him do well…whenever he’s not playing us 😂

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Brooks was pretty phenomenal at Lafayette Jeff. I would have to imagine we had already extended offers to other players and may have had a lot jam and therefore, did not offer him. He has definitely gotten better each year at NW and great to see him do well…whenever he’s not playing us 😂
He was class of 2021 right? We got Furst and TKR, and then didn’t offer Barnhizer or Goode, IIRC.

He was class of 2021 right? We got Furst and TKR, and then didn’t offer Barnhizer or Goode, IIRC.
And Waddell. I do count 12 scholarships that year…so one would have been open. Unless one of the walk ons received it?

Either way, we had Ivey, Morton, Gillis, Waddell, Newman, Sasha, Furst and TKR in possible positions he COULD have played. Now hindsight is 20/20 and maybe he would have been a better fit at this point than Morton or Wadell.

BUT Brian was pretty damn good (still is) and was an athletic 3 pt shooter from Carmel and obvious a family friend to painter. So I can see why we didn’t offer Brooks. He didn’t get a ton of offers in general it seems, even tho he was a monster scorer in high school.

Repeated studies have shown that people who curse more tend to be smarter.

A semi-private fan forum where everyone shares an interest in Purdue sports is very different from social media in general. Mocking rivals is what we're supposed to do here.
Especially when that rival goes through the effort to create and wear a football jersey with "Indiana" spelled incorrectly.

Like Jelly of the Month, it is the gift that keeps on giving all year long.

And Waddell. I do count 12 scholarships that year…so one would have been open. Unless one of the walk ons received it?

Either way, we had Ivey, Morton, Gillis, Waddell, Newman, Sasha, Furst and TKR in possible positions he COULD have played. Now hindsight is 20/20 and maybe he would have been a better fit at this point than Morton or Wadell.

BUT Brian was pretty damn good (still is) and was an athletic 3 pt shooter from Carmel and obvious a family friend to painter. So I can see why we didn’t offer Brooks. He didn’t get a ton of offers in general it seems, even tho he was a monster scorer in high school.
Was it because Wheeler and Dowuona transferred out in the spring freeing up a spot for Waddell, and Barnhizer had already signed the previous November?

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Was it because Wheeler and Dowuona transferred out in the spring freeing up a spot for Waddell, and Barnhizer had already signed the previous November?
Almost forgot about Dowuona...looked him up and he's averaging 1.5 pts and 1.4 rebs a game at Tennessee St. He was a project but looks like never put it together.

Whoever did that needed an ass kickings, what a jerk that isn’t a Purdue fan, that’s someone who probably gets more satisfaction when they lose instead of when they win. Thankfully, that’s few and far between, every fan base has fans like this.
This is the same cesspool of sub-human, POS loser jerks who were "glad Robbie blew out his knee in college" because they felt he wasn't sufficiently pro-Purdue on broadcasts.

• Angry
Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT