ADVERTISEMENT

How many feel

As far as his point about Edey scoring down the stretch.....with all the W bigs either having 4 fouls or fouled out, and having the NPOTY, that seemed to me a no brainer where Purdue had the advantage.

Thus, that seems like a stupid point.
I mean it's not a stupid point in general, it may have been irrelevant to that particular game when no one but Zach was doing much on offense. But I believe that was his point, that yes it was a no brainer but because no one but Zach was doing much, not simply because Zach has the best advantage on the floor.

Loyer and Smith kinda reverted to their worst selves. Edey and Smith were weirdly overly emotional. Jones didn't show up second half. Gillis did Gillis things but unfortunately that also included whacky turnovers

I think overall the reason to be more optimistic about Purdue has been the improvement of several players and the addition of Jones. It's not really that Edey has taken a giant leap (although he's better in some ways like passing and whatnot and worse in others like FT shooting), it's that everyone else, particularly Braden, has taken some level of leap (although juries still out on Loyer).

I'm not worried about one game. I can buy Braden was hurt, and maybe frustrated because he couldn't do Braden things because of it.

But I will say those turnovers, the inability to stop dribble penetration, and the falloff of perimeter shooting down the stretch and complete reliance on Edey to score did look an awful lot like tourney losses past.

Now, that could be cured with a healthy Braden, and playing against teams that haven't scouted us out the wazoo, and hopefully the NCAA officiating doesn't reward hyper aggressive defense like the B10 does.

I'm not doom and glooming anything. But the team is capable of another staggering, inexplicable loss. They can also go all the way.

And before anyone says yeah any team is capable of both, no, not really. I think the talent is there. Wisconsin does have me wondering a little more about their mental state right now. I mean just a little.

But as I said in another post, IF they can get to the second weekend, then I think they make the final four. But boy something about those second round opponents kinda says to me if the team brings a B game, they can absolutely lose a squeaker there.

I mean, he's not wrong. This team's had some shaky moments the past few weeks, and yesterday was a game they should have won by 10 or more. So many self-inflicted mistakes, bad decisions, defensive breakdowns, missed shots, etc. It's totally fair to question if they can make a March run, when they are clearly not playing their best in March. Again. It's frustrating to watch.

On the flip, I still personally think this team is different. They have a gear that they flashed recently at Illinois in 2nd half that they've hit all season when it's time to prove people wrong. Why can't they play like that every game? I think it's about being on edge and being locked in, and yesterday they just weren't for some reason. Don't get me wrong, they wanted to win, but Wisconsin wanted it more and that is something hard to manufacture when you've beat a team twice and already won outright championship.

Next week though, no team will be more ready or on edge to play than Purdue. No one. After sitting in the FDU loss for a year this team finally made it back and it's time to right the wrong. Get Braden healthy, and I guarantee we will all be talking about who we are playing in sweet 16 next Sunday night.
I'd like to agree with this, but considering how we just gave away the Wisky game (players & coaches)...

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
I'd like to agree with this, but considering how we just gave away the Wisky game (players & coaches)...
THAT-IS-THE-WHOLE-POINT. Every game we lose in the tournament, we give it away. How to find ways to WIN these games and not play the what-if game?

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
How we played against UW had some elements that match recent tourney losses and some that do not.

As he said, it's fair to wonder. But it's not fair to say it's exactly the same team because it isn't.

The reality is, until they prove otherwise, the onus is on them. But I think if they step up, they have the talent and variability to go far they didn't have last season.

Of course, if Braden is still hobbled? That could be a problem second round and beyond. I do absolutely expect them to bury their first round opponent though. By at least 20 pts if not 30.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
How we played against UW had some elements that match recent tourney losses and some that do not.

As he said, it's fair to wonder. But it's not fair to say it's exactly the same team because it isn't.

The reality is, until they prove otherwise, the onus is on them. But I think if they step up, they have the talent and variability to go far they didn't have last season.

Of course, if Braden is still hobbled? That could be a problem second round and beyond. I do absolutely expect them to bury their first round opponent though. By at least 20 pts if not 30.
Agree with this post, and man I hope you’re right - especially about putting a 20+ point beat-down on the 1st round opponent. Purdue absolutely needs to silence the critics and doubters this year.

Earlier today I heard a 3-person “panel” of talking heads on the College Sports channel on Sirius discussing the various regions, teams and seeds - none of them picked Purdue for the Final 4, and 1 guy had them losing in the second round, to Utah State. Then laughed about it. Damn.

Purdue must - MUST - make a deep run. Elite 8 at minimum I think. I am hopeful!

Reactions: Schnelk
Agree with this post, and man I hope you’re right - especially about putting a 20+ point beat-down on the 1st round opponent. Purdue absolutely needs to silence the critics and doubters this year.

Earlier today I heard a 3-person “panel” of talking heads on the College Sports channel on Sirius discussing the various regions, teams and seeds - none of them picked Purdue for the Final 4, and 1 guy had them losing in the second round, to Utah State. Then laughed about it. Damn.

Yeah, I have seen some talking heads openly pulling for PU (Seth Davis) and the other guy on CBS Sports Network even called us Purdon't and laughed. So it's a real mixed bag. I know a lot of folks on here don't care and that is fine, but this national narrative will not stop unless we make a serious run.

Bilas has us in the final and losing to Uconn.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I agree generally in most games a balanced attack is best.

But yesterday with guys with 4 fouls many of them being bench guys.....that absolutely was the place for the NPOTY to feast.
I agree this game didn’t matter much , but the overall one seed would have been interesting between us and UConn. Let’s start with Zach losing his cool and getting a tech after his foul, just shut up and walk away ( can’t lose your cool ). 2 Braden was not 100 % and was totally outplayed by Hepburn. Should have been sitting more in the first half. Then when we grabbed the lead after Fletch’s 3 Zach gets walloped in the head by Hepburn and no foul and a turnover. Finally last play of regulation Furst should have been on the ball , Morton and Heide in the game ( Braden had 4 fouls and was not himself ) and Zach protecting the rim. If Hepburn makes a 3 under pressure good for him but doubt he was thinking about a 3. But again it all started with losing your cool - don’t take
the bait, you know that was in their game plan

Yeah, I have seen some talking heads openly pulling for PU (Seth Davis) and the other guy on CBS Sports Network even called us Purdon't and laughed. So it's a real mixed bag. I know a lot of folks on here don't care and that is fine, but this national narrative will not stop unless we make a serious run.

Exactly. We have to take it, unfortunately, until the team proves everyone wrong. So let’s get it! Focus on this first one and go from there. We play our game, we are super tough to beat…regardless of how boring it is to watch 😂

I agree this game didn’t matter much , but the overall one seed would have been interesting between us and UConn. Let’s start with Zach losing his cool and getting a tech after his foul, just shut up and walk away ( can’t lose your cool ). 2 Braden was not 100 % and was totally outplayed by Hepburn. Should have been sitting more in the first half. Then when we grabbed the lead after Fletch’s 3 Zach gets walloped in the head by Hepburn and no foul and a turnover. Finally last play of regulation Furst should have been on the ball , Morton and Heide in the game ( Braden had 4 fouls and was not himself ) and Zach protecting the rim. If Hepburn makes a 3 under pressure good for him but doubt he was thinking about a 3. But again it all started with losing your cool - don’t take
the bait, you know that was in their game plan
Hopefully it’s all out of his system and Zach’s ready to go for the tourney. I’m sure he was annoyed with the stupid $h1t Wisconsin does and they started it early and they got under his skin. It’s what they do. Klesmit loves running into elbows on purpose and acting the victim. It’s part of the game but as a player, it’s annoying as hell and you somehow have to not let it get to you.

Onto Friday and let’s go crush whomever we play.

Oh I've seen similar ones only they lose to TCU. Or Creighton. Or Tennessee. We are definitely an upset favorite. Which, if the team needed any more motivation...

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

I think they will definitely come out ready to bury that first team. And I think that will help Smith get some rest before game 2.

Hopefully our perimeter players can use what I think will be an easy game to bury some shots and build up some confidence and everyone gets some rest while our round two opponents have a slugfest

I wouldn’t be too concerned but he brings up two issues.

First is what the fans above said. Several fans above said UW wanted to win that game more than Purdue did. I must ask why. Why should UW be more motivated to win than Purdue was? I’ve heard that comment many times before that the other team was more motivated to win and that was why Purdue lost. Almost every year when Purdue loses, it’s because the other team was more motivated to win. In our first game against Northwestern this year, we should have been motivated to win. They beat us last year. We should have been really motivated to win. That game should have been circled on our schedule as a must game to win. But it seemed we had forgotten all about last year. And were not motivated to win!

The second issue was not that we lost, but the way we lost. We couldn’t close the game in the regular portion or in the overtime after having the lead both times. We gave the game away.

I could accept being blown away. But I’ve witnessed this same type of loss for the last decade. We have a close lead but for some reason we allow the other team to make that last second shot to win. We defend the shot rather than deny the player the ball. We allow the player an opportunity to shoot rather than denying him the ball and he always makes that shot.

What concerns me most is our wins. We could have easily lost all of our last 5 games. UCONN was blowing teams away and we were barely beating MSU, UW, Illinois and Michigan. Our style of play allows teams to stay close. We don’t blow anybody away. And 1-2 mistakes at the end of the game leads to a loss.

As I said, I’m not concerned that we lost. I’m concerned about the way we lost. And also how many times I’ve seen Purdue lose the exact same way. It’s Purdue’s MO.

Yeah, I have seen some talking heads openly pulling for PU (Seth Davis) and the other guy on CBS Sports Network even called us Purdon't and laughed.
Was Clark Kellogg the culprit? I can't stand listening to that "Purdon't" bullshit. Does any other team in the NCAA carry such a disrespectful moniker?

First is what the fans above said. Several fans above said UW wanted to win that game more than Purdue did. I must ask why. Why should UW be more motivated to win than Purdue was? I’ve heard that comment many times before that the other team was more motivated to win and that was why Purdue lost. Almost every year when Purdue loses, it’s because the other team was more motivated to win. In our first game against Northwestern this year, we should have been motivated to win. They beat us last year. We should have been really motivated to win. That game should have been circled on our schedule as a must game to win. But it seemed we had forgotten all about last year. And were not motivated to win!

The second issue was not that we lost, but the way we lost. We couldn’t close the game in the regular portion or in the overtime after having the lead both times. We gave the game away.

I could accept being blown away. But I’ve witnessed this same type of loss for the last decade. We have a close lead but for some reason we allow the other team to make that last second shot to win. We defend the shot rather than deny the player the ball. We allow the player an opportunity to shoot rather than denying him the ball and he always makes that shot.

What concerns me most is our wins. We could have easily lost all of our last 5 games. UCONN was blowing teams away and we were barely beating MSU, UW, Illinois and Michigan. Our style of play allows teams to stay close. We don’t blow anybody away. And 1-2 mistakes at the end of the game leads to a loss.

As I said, I’m not concerned that we lost. I’m concerned about the way we lost. And also how many times I’ve seen Purdue lose the exact same way. It’s Purdue’s MO.
It was pretty obvious that the entire team played cautiously after the Zach and Braden injury scares against MSU. I won’t go as far as to say they threw the game but they certainly didn’t have the mindset that they were going to win at all costs. I wouldn’t read too much into that Wisconsin loss.

Was Clark Kellogg the culprit? I can't stand listening to that "Purdon't" bullshit. Does any other team in the NCAA carry such a disrespectful moniker?
It was Chris Walker on CBS Sports Network that I heard say it. No name hack that has no business being on national TV. Very unprofessional. If you don't think PU is going to advance, then that is fine, but to be so unprofessional and disrespectable is not ok.

Reactions: Schnelk
If I could tell the team this I would: "Well, it has been an incredible regular season. Let's play our absolute best to close the season and play in a manner that is representative of the greatness we have achieved all season long. Get that first win and just keep building confidence and momentum all the way to a Natty, one game at a time. Don't play scared, play ready to go, play with ice water in your veins just like you did in Champaign! Don't listen to the noise, this is what you have waited all year for! Go get 'em boys and Boiler Up!" Oh, and btw, if you need a theme song to listen to pre-game might I suggest "Cold-Blooded" by Zayde Wolf.

Just out of curiosity. What did they say to Zach, and what did Zach say back? I heard Crowl caught an elbow. Is that what started this?

It seems odd that he didn’t mention the 16-5 turnover advantage that Wisconsin had which gave them more possessions that ultimately led to them taking more than 20 more shot attempts and making 9 more shots. Nine 2s/some 3s erases the advantage from the free throw line.

It doesn’t matter now. Just have to win the next game, then the next one, and the one after that until there’s no more to win. I honestly think it will be good to see a new opponent and step outside of the Big Ten Wrestling Federation for a few games.

Quite frankly, I’d rather see teams try to follow the FDU “blueprint” rather than the Northwestern/Wisconsin/Rutgers blueprint. Purdue is shooting the 3 much better this year and should be able to force the overmatched opponents to pick their poison. Once we get to teams that are good enough to think they can beat Purdue straight up in an actual basketball game rather than just beating them up physically, Purdue does much better. They’re built to win basketball games, not wrestling matches.

One thing that is clear to me. If you are not Duke, KU, UNC, UK, U Conn you are a joke of a program in the national medias eyes. They are considered blue bloods because the media spreads that narrative. They also like the underdogs that they know can't win it, but cause a lot of issues for in the field. This season, Purdue is as good as anyone and it is clear. The narrative is that Purdue will fail and then they can say told you so. In PU's case they would need to win multiple titles before they will be considered anything but chook artist in their eyes.

One thing that is clear to me. If you are not Duke, KU, UNC, UK, U Conn you are a joke of a program in the national medias eyes. They are considered blue bloods because the media spreads that narrative. They also like the underdogs that they know can't win it, but cause a lot of issues for in the field. This season, Purdue is as good as anyone and it is clear. The narrative is that Purdue will fail and then they can say told you so. In PU's case they would need to win multiple titles before they will be considered anything but chook artist in their eyes.
I dunno, we were a bit of a darling last season because of the unexpected Edey factor. Then we fell on our face.

After we'd fallen on our face the two tournaments prior to a lesser extent.

It's not surprising some folks are now pretty skeptical about us not doing it again. Up to the team to prove them wrong.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
The games people remember UALR, Cincy, North Texas, ST. Peters and FDU were different from each other somewhat. I know TOs played a huge role in FDU and ST. Peters the last two years, but I seem to recall some different things in all those games.

In the UALR game a forward was flipping the script along the baseline and trying to pull Purdue's 5 (AJ) out while Purdue was scoring inside. However, Purdue led until a 1) they started bringing more pressure and a guard getting some very friendly bounces. I seem to recall Purdue turning it over as a result of pressure.

In the Cincy, their best player??? was a five that had an attitude issue and got kicked out of the game which should have been a huge plus for Purdue, but replaced him with a 6'7" player that has his way with AJ on the boards and a bit of scoring. Guessing AJ relaxed when their big went out. Purdue led that too I recall until pressure was brought full (2-2-1???) and turnovers there I think were deadly.

In the North Texas game, they had a senior that had hit a hot streak in their conference tourney playing a lot of one on one once in the lane. May have been a lefty? Purdue couldn't throw the ball inside with the swarming defense and an athletic 6'6"??? player causing damage through their D. Purdue didn't cover their other 3 ball shooters and there were too many times Purdue overhelped on D giving too good of a look.

In the ST. Peters game...Jaden went a bit crazy and Purdue had too many turnovers and Jaden missing some shots. It wasn't his best game at Purdue to be kind. In that game Purdue really struggled shooting on the perimeter and soon nobody wanted to shoot because they had no confidence. In the closing minute the shot clock was down to around 2 seconds and Mason had a lapse and jumped on the ball AND player resulting in a foul and a trip to the foul line instead of a stop and Purdue having the ball.

We all remember the FDU game and thinking Purdue ran out of gas. I'll add that someone... a 3 preferably needed to help against the pressure because Braden young and tired had to handle pretty much all the pressure getting the ball up the court and then absorb the pressure as Zach was not moving as much as now and being a lot more stationary didn't provide as much pressure relief as needed. FDU was also the only team I can recall that played run&jump on Purdue. Now we see the effect of Lance and the players a year older

In every one of the games, Purdue should have won and didn't. Purdue shot themselves in the foot more than the other team beat them, but other than turnovers and some bad shooting the approach to the ways that it happened had differences. I don't think that is going to happen this year, but we have all been fooled before.

I'm going to nuance this a bit since there has already been too much typed. I think both approaches wanted to deny him the ball. It only makes sense. One approach if he got the ball was to hope he wouldn't continue to make a short jumper with Zach in the lane and the other also wanted to deny the ball, but force the location of the ball to an advantage for Purdue. Matt and I see things different than many fans. People hold whatever view they have. It can be parsed by different opinions, but it should never have got to that point where it is a discussion. Waaay too many bad turnovers (they are not the same...some just lose possessions). I'm not sure that game is what we will witness soon and if it is I feel for the coaches and staff but will look forward to seeing the team next year and the pieces of the puzzle...which to me is something I like

I'm going to nuance this a bit since there has already been too much typed. I think both approaches wanted to deny him the ball. It only makes sense. One approach if he got the ball was to hope he wouldn't continue to make a short jumper with Zach in the lane and the other also wanted to deny the ball, but force the location of the ball to an advantage for Purdue. Matt and I see things different than many fans. People hold whatever view they have. It can be parsed by different opinions, but it should never have got to that point where it is a discussion. Waaay too many bad turnovers (they are not the same...some just lose possessions). I'm not sure that game is what we will witness soon and if it is I feel for the coaches and staff but will look forward to seeing the team next year and the pieces of the puzzle...which to me is something I like
Agree TJ.

To add on, Purdue is the third best offense in the country, averaging 1.18 points-per-possession (PPP). Against Michigan State, Purdue shot 15 more free throws while Michigan State attempted 8 more field goals than Purdue. If you average 1.18 PPP, Would you rather shoot 67% from the foul line or be given 8 more offensive possessions to score 2-3 point field goals?

If that’s too small of a sample size…Let’s go to the Wisconsin game then. Purdue shot 23 more free throws than Wisconsin yet Wisconsin attempted 23 more field goals than Purdue. Again, which would you rather have?

Of course these “purposefully ignorant (and) intellectually dishonest”, as @brianneubert put it, clickbait artists can’t look beyond the free throw disparity. And Zach Edey gets all the shit simply because the referees call fouls when he’s fouled.

This is the narrative that this pushed for how Purdue plays. It’s not. PURDUE hasn’t lost to a non-big ten Power 5 team since before Covid. Why? Because no other conference plays hack-an-Edey goon-ball. They play
Purdue straight up and get abused. Which takes me back to point 1 - these teams - WI, MSU, NW - do this on purpose due to their personnel and gamplan.

(NW literally went into both Purdue games saying they have 4 bodies and 20 fouls to throw at Edey)

And it’s smart for them to do, clearly. It sometimes works. Limit Purdue’s field goal attempts, dare them to shoot 80%+ from the charity stripe and hope they have careless TO’s. That’s the formula to beating Purdue. So it’s funny when fans of these teams blame Purdue for muddying the game up. That’s the last thing Purdue wants. And these same opposing fans don’t understand basketball enough to actually credit their coaching staff on their gameplan - yes, they are smart for playing Purdue this way!

Credit to this tweet:

Reactions: tjreese
The games people remember UALR, Cincy, North Texas, ST. Peters and FDU were different from each other somewhat. I know TOs played a huge role in FDU and ST. Peters the last two years, but I seem to recall some different things in all those games.

In the UALR game a forward was flipping the script along the baseline and trying to pull Purdue's 5 (AJ) out while Purdue was scoring inside. However, Purdue led until a 1) they started bringing more pressure and a guard getting some very friendly bounces. I seem to recall Purdue turning it over as a result of pressure.

In the Cincy, their best player??? was a five that had an attitude issue and got kicked out of the game which should have been a huge plus for Purdue, but replaced him with a 6'7" player that has his way with AJ on the boards and a bit of scoring. Guessing AJ relaxed when their big went out. Purdue led that too I recall until pressure was brought full (2-2-1???) and turnovers there I think were deadly.

In the North Texas game, they had a senior that had hit a hot streak in their conference tourney playing a lot of one on one once in the lane. May have been a lefty? Purdue couldn't throw the ball inside with the swarming defense and an athletic 6'6"??? player causing damage through their D. Purdue didn't cover their other 3 ball shooters and there were too many times Purdue overhelped on D giving too good of a look.

In the ST. Peters game...Jaden went a bit crazy and Purdue had too many turnovers and Jaden missing some shots. It wasn't his best game at Purdue to be kind. In that game Purdue really struggled shooting on the perimeter and soon nobody wanted to shoot because they had no confidence. In the closing minute the shot clock was down to around 2 seconds and Mason had a lapse and jumped on the ball AND player resulting in a foul and a trip to the foul line instead of a stop and Purdue having the ball.

We all remember the FDU game and thinking Purdue ran out of gas. I'll add that someone... a 3 preferably needed to help against the pressure because Braden young and tired had to handle pretty much all the pressure getting the ball up the court and then absorb the pressure as Zach was not moving as much as now and being a lot more stationary didn't provide as much pressure relief as needed. FDU was also the only team I can recall that played run&jump on Purdue. Now we see the effect of Lance and the players a year older

In every one of the games, Purdue should have won and didn't. Purdue shot themselves in the foot more than the other team beat them, but other than turnovers and some bad shooting the approach to the ways that it happened had differences. I don't think that is going to happen this year, but we have all been fooled before.
Understood. Thanks for making me relive all of my bad memories during this stretch. Little Rock also had a guard go off and through some three's in from long range with a defender all over him. I think PU will be fine this year. Whoever plays Purdue in the opening round should be prepared get beat by 50. That's what I expect anyway, or at least hope for.

• Haha
Reactions: tjreese
My memory is that Purdue always has a very slim lead. And somehow the other team always gets the ball with 5 seconds left and finds a way to get a shot off and it always goes in. One year Purdue had all of its defenders except one guarding the basket. The lone defender up court just stood there and allowed the guy to dribble by him and watched as he threw up a prayer and it went in. If he had contested the shot or prevented it or fouled him the likelihood would be it was doubtful he would have made 3 free throws. And many times we have a 6’ guy guarding a 6’6 guy and the guy just shouts right over his outstretched hands.

Excerpts from Doyle column. Haters can hate him , he like Izu better blah blah. But deep down he nails it as to what we fear and feel about Purdue.
- - -
“Edey scored 12 of Purdue’s final 13 points, including eight of nine in overtime. Nobody but Edey scored a field goal for Purdue in the final eight minutes of play (the last three minutes of regulation, and all five of overtime). That would be concerning for any team, but it’s alarming for Purdue because we’ve seen this movie before.

But the thing is, it’s hard to give Purdue the benefit of the doubt after North Texas and Saint Peter’s and FDU. Fair, not fair, doesn’t matter. It just … is. Purdue finds a way to lose to inferior teams almost every March, and let’s be clear, this was happening long before Matt Painter took the job.

Purdue was 24-for-32 from the line. Wisconsin was 5-for-9. Any idea how hard it is to lose a game when you’re plus-14 on the glass and plus-23 at the line? It’s almost impossible to lose that game, and we’ve not even mentioned one more advantage Purdue enjoyed Saturday: Player availability. Edey helped foul out the Badgers’ top three big men — 7-0 starting center Steven Crowl and 6-9 power forward Tyler Wahl, plus the Badgers’ top post sub, 6-11 Nolan Winter.

Plus-14 on the glass. Plus-19 at the line. Plus-3 on the roster.
Purdue found a way to lose because it couldn’t stop Chucky Hepburn from scoring near the rim in the final second of regulation to force overtime, and because it couldn’t stop Max Klesmit from scoring near the rim with five seconds left in overtime, and because it couldn’t get a better shot than Lance Jones’ 25-footer at the OT buzzer, a shot that missed everything.

It’s kismet, the way Purdue finds a way to lose these things. Purdue found a way to lose Saturday despite having the lead and the ball in the final 30 seconds of overtime, because Braden Smith lowered his left shoulder and extended his left arm and sent Hepburn stumbling back with 21 seconds left. That gave the Badgers the ball with plenty of time to find an easy shot for Klesmit, and that gave the Boilers the ball with enough time to find only a difficult heave from Jones at the buzzer.

See how hard was it for Purdue to lose this game? Almost impossible, to lose this game, but let’s spin it forward now with something positive. Let’s say the No. 3-ranked Boilers, with a 29-4 record entering the NCAA tournament, took care of their one unfathomable loss — think of another movie, “Mission: Impossible” — before the NCAA tournament even begins.
Feel better?

Yeah, me neither.
I heard Mike DeCourcey this morning on The Score. He said based on the way Purdue played against UW, he didn't think they really wanted to win. He commented on some really lazy post passes as evidence of Purdue's indifferent attitude.

I dunno, we were a bit of a darling last season because of the unexpected Edey factor. Then we fell on our face.

After we'd fallen on our face the two tournaments prior to a lesser extent.

It's not surprising some folks are now pretty skeptical about us not doing it again. Up to the team to prove them wrong.
LOL

Even in Painters best accomplishment, an Elite eight in the NCAA tournament, a series of events that had to happen perfectly kept Purdue out of the FF. These things keep happening to Purdue, via their mistakes, poor performance, perfect play by their opponent or pure bad luck for Purdue. Until Purdue breaks thru, they will only get regulation season respect from many ( not all, some have them in the FF, or Championship game this year). Maybe thats not fair, but that’s how it is.

Understood. Thanks for making me relive all of my bad memories during this stretch. Little Rock also had a guard go off and through some three's in from long range with a defender all over him. I think PU will be fine this year. Whoever plays Purdue in the opening round should be prepared get beat by 50. That's what I expect anyway, or at least hope for.
I referenced the guard getting some friendly ...one very friendly bounce

No idea what about my phrasing is funny unless you're trying to claim I'm not a fan or something.
It's not surprising some folks are now pretty skeptical about us not doing it again = our coach SUCKS big time to many here. That made me chuckle. Ok now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT