ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons why Purdue is much better this year

Dec 7, 2018
Aurora, Illinois
1. Lance
2. 1 year older and better.
3. When our best players(Zach, Braden, Lance) have a piece of their game that is a little "off", they make up for it with extra contributions in other areas.
4. Gillis, Loyer, Renn, and Heide are making "timely" contributions.
5. Morton is being used in a way that warrants the label "contributor".
6. The coaching staff has had some good "halftime adjustments" to help win some close games.

Last edited:
1. Lance
3. When our best players(Zach, Braden, Lance) have a piece of their game that is a little "off", they make up for it with extra contributions in other areas.
4. Gillis, Loyer, Renn, and Heidi are making "timely" contributions.
6. The coaching staff has had some good "halftime adjustments" to help win some close games.
I’m not as staunchly against Morton minutes like some are. But he shouldn’t have started last year and I’m glad he’s not starting this year. He has more or less played his role well and as a senior who stuck with it, I can respect that. Dude used to be able to knock down threes, don’t know what happened. He got in a funk last year and never recovered

Everything else is spot on.

It’s weird. Like I see the difference in the team. But I don’t think there is actually a dominant team. And I have to remember that when we lay a turd at NW or at Nebraska that UConn and NC and other teams have laid them too.

Anybody can beat anybody with Covid seniors, NIL and transfer portal.

Which makes me proud of the team but still think the tourney is a total crapshoot and we’ll continue to see weird final fours

1. Lance
4. Gillis, Loyer, Renn, and Heidi are making "timely" contributions.
7. PJ calling the offense.
8. Zach is in much better shape.

😂 😂 I’m gonna chalk it up as autocorrect on phones…but not sure what the excuse is if it’s from a computer

Quite a few ppl never spell his name correctly and always are off by a vowel.
We have the freedom to simply change it to whatever we want. I mean, we had Tacos. :)

• Haha
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
We had a great team last year, too. The big BIG difference is 3 pt shooting. I bet we are 25% better this year over last.

Better rebounding and shooting team this year compared to last for everyone not named Zach Edey!

We had a great team last year, too. The big BIG difference is 3 pt shooting. I bet we are 25% better this year over last.
I started to say that was near impossible but I looked it up. 32% last year. 40% this year. You're right on!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT