ADVERTISEMENT

RE: Woodson and Indiana basketball

Why would I expect validation here? Do you expect validation from IU fans? I know that won't happen, so no, not what I'm looking for.

But when a thread is titled "Woodson and Indiana Basketball", I'm gonna look at it. And when the OP spouts rampant speculation that disparages the program and couldn't be further from the truth, I'm going to post actual statements (not rumors) that show those rumors to be BS.

You can continue to believe the trash from a guy that will continue to spew it as long as Bob Knight isn't coach, because he got butt hurt when he was fired. I'm just trying to give a viewpoint that isn't unsubstantiated rumors. That's all I'll say, have a good one.
Everything about Fife’s dismissal is “unsubstantiated rumors”, most of which were brought about by leaks from within your program. You just would rather believe certain ones and be critical of others. As for the culture of your program, it’s toxic. Matta was nice on the way out the door, but I’m sure he’s thrilled to be away from that kindling of a losing mindset.

Reactions: DAG10
Everything about Fife’s dismissal is “unsubstantiated rumors”, most of which were brought about by leaks from within your program. You just would rather believe certain ones and be critical of others. As for the culture of your program, it’s toxic. Matta was nice on the way out the door, but I’m sure he’s thrilled to be away from that kindling of a losing mindset.

And he's certainly also smart enough to know that a lot of his recruiting is in the state of Indiana and trashing IU on the way out isn't going to do him any favors on that front. But saying some nice things might buy him some goodwill that will help.

Wasn't he the one that said "I'll do anything to facilitate the deal". In the fact he's their leading recruiter 🤔
Yes. He was the eager wannabe who couldn’t deliver any players, but he was more than willing to jump in with those guys as soon as he could. When Fife was saying that playing for IU should be about more than how many NIL deals you could cut, YR buried him with Woodson. Then they orchestrated the tarring and feathering that followed. Toxic culture.

Reactions: DAG10 and Poprudy
Why was your friend let go at the bank?

I have great connections who have said it was TOTAL chaos at that bank.

It WAS......cash drawers left open, faulty vault, joke of security guard with an ol' broken-down Teddy Roosevelt horse pistol......and NO effective counter-measures in the event of a 10-12, Chief, not one mind you.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Why was your friend let go at the bank?

I have great connections who have said it was TOTAL chaos at that bank.
He invested wisely, turned 60, walked away as their CFO, and started a new and very successful business. Now why is it that you can't quit lying about everything, and my guess your only connection at anything is Courtdense.

Reactions: PumpkinShuckers07
My guess, IU will not schedule either Butler or Ball State going forward. Both programs have real college coaches.

Reactions: PumpkinShuckers07
He invested wisely, turned 60, walked away as their CFO, and started a new and very successful business. Now why is it that you can't quit lying about everything, and my guess your only connection at anything is Courtdense.
Two questions:

What bank? (your fellow poster wanted to know)

What is a “Courtdense?” Is that an IU or a PU reference?

Not nearly as bad as getting blown out after a play in game.
I keep forgetting that they had to try out in order to make the tournament, barely beating Wyoming and then getting blasted by an average St. Mary’s team. It did give them an opportunity to whine about a two and half hour flight delay, though. Probably gave the team a chamce for a late night shake and bake before getting to Oregon. Would bet those suitcases were packed full coming home.

I bet I make as much or more as you do. Never lived in a trailer or an apartment. Ever. Live in Newburgh in . Next to Victoria National. 3500 sq ft. House. So the old trailer park thing isn’t accurate. My posts are a bit on the troll side but damn you guys say some dumb stuff.
Don't you love it when trailer trash brag about what they say they have? lol

You can take the boy out of the trailer park...

Reactions: Indy_Rider and BBG
We might consider adding Pack, but he is likely not good enough for IU; with 12 current scholly players we have to be selective for that last open spot. Need a guy that is not too short to see above the locker room stools.

Pack needs to be on a team that is fine with zero above-average defenders. Hope he finds one!

:)
IU has almost always out-recruited Purdue. And the results?...

IU has almost always out-recruited Purdue. And the results?...

Five National Championships.

Two outright B1G titles in the last decade, which admittedly has been the worst decade for program achievement since the 1960’s.

(now will wait for the perfunctory “oh yeah? WhaddaBoutDaLastFiveYearsandandandWeBeatYouAlotWhenJohnWoodenWasOurPointGuardanDandandandblahblahblah!!!”)

Glad you asked!

I love the notion that Peck isn't good enough for IU. Really shows their delusion.

My Gardner is good enough to play there. Well intake that back, he doesn't meet the felony requirement and knows how to spell Indiana. Nevermind.
Not nothing… My Gardner is a pretty good player!

We might consider adding Pack, but he is likely not good enough for IU; with 12 current scholly players we have to be selective for that last open spot. Need a guy that is not too short to see above the locker room stools.

Pack needs to be on a team that is fine with zero above-average defenders. Hope he finds one!

:)
Now, THIS is indeed the most comical post on the entire thread...and, will only be more comical one way or the other ultimately...when guys that you think are coming back don't, or, they do...and Indiana STILL sucks.

The idea that Pack could/would not play down there is an absolute joke.

"Selective"...they could add the greatest player in College Basketball, but, with the clown running things (assuming somebody nudges him to wake him up...and, lets him know who said player is, as, he would be completely unaware, nor, know his name anyway) and it would not make a difference...more so as long as "his guy" X is still there screwing things up...on the floor, and, off of it.

Zero above average defenders and it still took a virtual miracle for Indinia to win for the first time in forever against Purdue....as, there do not even need to be defenders to stop Indinia from scoring half of the time, especially if a jump shot or FT happens to be involved.

Now, THIS is indeed the most comical post on the entire thread...and, will only be more comical one way or the other ultimately...when guys that you think are coming back don't, or, they do...and Indiana STILL sucks.

"Selective"...they could add the greatest player in College Basketball, but, with the clown running things (assuming somebody nudges him to wake him up...and, lets him know who said player is, as, he would be completely unaware, nor, know his name anyway) and it would not make a difference...more so as long as "his guy" X is still there screwing things up...on the floor, and, off of it.

Zero above average defenders and it still took a virtual miracle for Indinia to win for the first time in forever against Purdue....as, there do not even need to be defenders to stop Indinia from scoring half of the time, especially if a jump shot or FT happens to be involved.
Relax brother

Read my post in the other thread. The guy is first team all Big 12.

Yeesh you guys take a free message board way too seriously sometimes

Instead of treating posters that mean well like dogshit you should pay attention and be gracious hosts now and then

Nope, he's too good of a guy to say bad things, but he didn't have to say anything at all. Could have just started work at Butler and forgot about IU, but he chose to say good things. Interpret how you like.
I find it SO funny that Indiina AND Woodson are just begging for validation...from anyone and everyone, as, there is none in reality...the Matta quotes...the ridiculous and lame quotes from Doc Rivers...like say, begging for validation.

Just goes to show how good of a guy Matta really is...that he was willing to try to help even on his way out...largely likely because he knows that he has nothing to worry about with that program now that he is back at Butler.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Woodson has Yasir Rosemond on staff for a reason, and it’s not X’s and O’s. You’ll recall YR was caught on tape in Vegas trying to be a part of the scheme that landed several Addidas reps and a few coaches in some hot legal water. He couldn’t deliver to them so he ended up not breaking the law, but he wanted to be a part of the illegal stuff. In the NIL world where you’re not supposed to be able to offer things, I’m sure he’s actively testing those standards every day. He’s one of the guys who got Fife booted, since coaching isn’t what matters to him. At this point, I doubt IU is constrained much by their view of the rules. They’ve been irrelevant for so long that they just want to get back to some level where they matter. Plus, they have a huge departmental deficit, thousands of empty seats at every game, and a football program that draws tens of hundreds of fans. Financially, even with all the money they get from the Big 10, they’re still screwed up. Desperate people usually do desperate things.
And there is NOBODY more desperate than Mike Woodson...would (has in some cases already) sell his soul to win there...culture means absolutely nothing, it is win genuinely at all costs...begging for validation from others in that he has not been able to generate it or garner it on his own...like say, as a Purdue fan, just makes me smile knowing that not only is he NOT the guy there to somehow fix things, but, he may actually leave it worse off than anyone before him did, in large part because of his desperation.

You're still an idiot. And really not worth reading your bull. Keep supporting X....his military family has done such a great job making him a great young man who the entire team should look up to.

I'd guess after Sampson, IU now has a lawyer up fund for kids that screw up. The maximum sentence for a Class A misdemeanor of which resisting arrest is one is 365 days in jail and up to a $5000 fine. And seeing as he has the other arrest last fall, I'm guessing the judge won't be favorable to him.

Oh, and about that reckless driving charge...Reckless driving — A first time violator can face a Class B misdemeanor charge punishable by up to $1,000 in fines and up to 180 days incarceration as well as possible license suspension for up to one year.

There's a real reason this is his third or fourth college and which should soon be his last

"There's a real reason this is his third or fourth college and which should soon be his last"

Surprised no one has called you on this, since it begs the question, are you confusing X with Parker Stewart?
Because while they both played at Pitt, Stewart who was on the team Archie's last year is the one who played at 3 schools Pitt, Tenn-Martin (for his Dad the coach) and then transferred to IU following his dad's sudden death...

Johnson has only played for Pitt (for 3 seasons) and then IU after entering the portal. His previous speeding ticket was last summer, and although technically his license could have been suspended he was never notified of that fact and consequently was not charged with that offense. He was suspended with others for the NW game, but since the standard suspension for drugs is 3 games and they were all reinstated after one, it seems fair to say it wasn't a serious offense involving any laws being broken...

Since this offense did not involve drinking and his previous issue with the law was a speeding ticket, it seems a little bizarre that you'd try and paint Gillis's actual DUI as a lesser offense. just because it was his "first" time Are you going to argue that a previous speeding ticket makes Johnson more culpable than a first time DUI?

Also, were you on your soapbox claiming Mark Few should be fired? He was arrested for DUI, and refused a field sobriety test. He paid a $1000 fine and had his license suspended for anything other than work travel for 90 days. But basketball wise he served a meaningless 3 game suspension and got probation but no jail time. So are you arguing that Johnson should be treated more harshly, as in kicked off the team, for a lesser offense than a coach who is supposed to be a responsible adult?

Five National Championships.

Two outright B1G titles in the last decade, which admittedly has been the worst decade for program achievement since the 1960’s.

(now will wait for the perfunctory “oh yeah? WhaddaBoutDaLastFiveYearsandandandWeBeatYouAlotWhenJohnWoodenWasOurPointGuardanDandandandblahblahblah!!!”)

Glad you asked!
You left out getting embarrassed this year after barely making it past a play in game.

Their basketball program has become a walking punch line And their continued delusions of grandeur (IU fans will need to Google what that word means) just make it all the more hilarious to see really.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
And there is NOBODY more desperate than Mike Woodson...would (has in some cases already) sell his soul to win there...culture means absolutely nothing, it is win genuinely at all costs...begging for validation from others in that he has not been able to generate it or garner it on his own...like say, as a Purdue fan, just makes me smile knowing that not only is he NOT the guy there to somehow fix things, but, he may actually leave it worse off than anyone before him did, in large part because of his desperation.
You don’t seem to be a very smiley kinda guy. You get frustrated at what someone posts on a message board and lash out at a class act like Woodson for no good reason.

That’s too bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayfish57
So we agree with all of my post and you’d like to add “got blown out by a 5 seed this year?”

okay! Agreed.
Wow my response flew right on over your head.

Na we don't agree, we just simply ignore your delusions of grandeur (you'll need to Google the definition of that word).

But I will also add, the obsession you have with us can't be healthy.

It was confusing… when you started the sentence about getting embarrassed in the tourney I thought you were taking a cheap shot at Purdue, then you transitioned to IUs loss and agreeing that IU’s 5 Natty’s are a mark of excellence.

So you should be clearer and do not imply that Purdue got embarrassed in the tourney in the future.

Not cool.
Wait....didn't you say IU won a game in the tournament this year?🤔..... We're just as confused with this statement.

Then you realized you were wrong. Validation will come from your board, but not here.

It was confusing… when you started the sentence about getting embarrassed in the tourney I thought you were taking a cheap shot at Purdue, then you transitioned to IUs loss and agreeing that IU’s 5 Natty’s are a mark of excellence.

So you should be clearer and do not imply that Purdue got embarrassed in the tourney in the future.

Not cool.
Nothing beats somebody referencing 'Natty's" when they had not even been able to play for one in years, then, when they finally had the chance, they embarrassed themselves yet again...literally, in historic fashion.

No surprise that you were confused...I mean, as a fan of an irrelevant program...still living in the '80s...college basketball has to be confusing.

What is embarrassing is ignoring that Indinia FINALLY got to participate in the tournament again, and, managed to lay a turd of historic fashion, YET...Indinia fans are celebrating...because they FINALLY got to play in the tournament again (albeit barely). Well, that AND being more concerned about Purdue's program and its alleged shortcomings MORE than the Indinia program and its actual ones.

Reactions: BBG and Poprudy
Nothing beats somebody referencing 'Natty's" when they had not even been able to play for one in years, then, when they finally had the chance, they embarrassed themselves yet again...literally, in historic fashion.

No surprise that you were confused...I mean, as a fan of an irrelevant program...still living in the '80s...college basketball has to be confusing.

What is embarrassing is ignoring that Indinia FINALLY got to participate in the tournament again, and, managed to lay a turd of historic fashion, YET...Indinia fans are celebrating...because they FINALLY got to play in the tournament again (albeit barely). Well, that AND being more concerned about Purdue's program and its alleged shortcomings MORE than the Indinia program and its actual ones.

This is silly. You are silly.

Enjoy your constant “Purdue on Purdue anger” on this board.

Two questions:

What bank? (your fellow poster wanted to know)

What is a “Courtdense?” Is that an IU or a PU reference?
If you wish to be taken seriously here then stop being silly. You are undoubtedly aware of the poster (lack of) courtsense that has posted here and does on the IU site. He is the one that makes up "official" IU press releases as well as other stories. The naivete is not appreciated.

If you wish to be taken seriously here then stop being silly. You are undoubtedly aware of the poster (lack of) courtsense that has posted here and does on the IU site. He is the one that makes up "official" IU press releases as well as other stories. The naivete is not appreciated.
Never seen that poster here, but okay.

I am on an IU site and have never seen that at all. Assume it’s the Rivals free board. That place is terrible and you will do better with real discussion on either of the two far more well-traveled boards. If the Rivals free board is how someone gets their impression of IU bball fans that’s naive too. Any substance-interested IU fan looks at that board once, migrates to Hoosier Sports Nation or BtownBanners, and never looks back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT