ADVERTISEMENT

Think Woodson is gone after this year?

After we beat them there was an Op/Ed from Ft.Wayne sportwriter about Woodson telling fans to settle down and quit calling for his head and to give him time.
The nice part (for us) of the iu (delusional) mentality is they are also going to run coaches out of town that might have helped in the long run. :)

As a follow up since this thread keep keep comments (and now I am doing it).

Archie Miller at Dayton 139–63 (.688) with one Elite 8 with three other NCAA appearances.
Dusty May at FAU 116–64 (.644) with one Final Four and no other Tournament appearances.

YES please, by all means go ahead and turn your program upside down again and fire another coach and start over. I am all for it.

If they are going to really step up and get a good coach, Bruce Pearl and Chris Beard come with A LOT of baggage. Good luck there too.

If he can win 20 games, he will stay. I doubt IU’s administration is as concerned about Woodson’s status as Purdue posters in this forum are. Some of you are obsessed with IU. You spend more time degrading them than praising Purdue!
You never answered questions on the football forum of whether your BT coach son looks the other way on using performance enhancing drugs as you do? Over there you said that cheating was no big deal. Does your son feel that way?

Perhaps I have a long history of being picked on by members of this board and I’m striking back! This is the Purdue forum. Posters here brag about posting on the IU forum and being banned. There are 14 teams in the Big 10, and who knows how many other teams in the NCAA. Yet posters here love to post about IU and their issues almost as much as Purdue. It’s as if this forum should be retitled the Purdue/iu. Forum.

On any other school forum if posters talk about other schools their threads are usually deleted as being off subject. But since this forum has no moderator threads such as this are common.

Unlike many posters, I didn’t call out any one poster, unlike you. I called out the entire forum.

Rather than being mean, I’m simply saying this forum should stick to the topic of Purdue basketball. And let the IU posters worry about their own team and issues concerning it. The neighbor’s dog was barking. Do we really need to be like facebook and start a thread about it?

I say return to Caesar what is Caesar’s . We have enough to talk about involving Purdue
How about cheating? You posted on the football forum that it was no big deal. When asked whether your son, who is supposedly a BT coach felt the same way about cheating as you did, you posted no reply. Does he feel that performance enhancing drugs are no big deal? Does he look the other way when athletes use them?

1. Mute Wole - board is much more enjiyable

2. Guess Woody is help guide Xavier through an existential crisis?

Do I feel bad? Sort of. Has to suck to be stuck mentally. On the other hand, you are getting paid to play a kids game. If you can’t get over that hump, polish that resume.

Who quits a job paying millions? Dude has his own wine/cigar lounge too. I’d keep them checks rolling until they had to drag me out.

Wine 🍷? WINE 🍷?? Well there’s the problem, he’s a wine 🍷 and cigar guy instead of a bourbon 🥃 guy!!! Lol 😂

therein lies a hidden problem.....the bitterness of the tobacco ruins a great work of art and an exciting experience for the palate.

9.jpg

He just needs to quit and gtfo that place is a curse
The Indinians are starting to eat their own as all of the Woody fans have turned on him. He seems like a good guy can’t wait to get away from there, like Fife and Matta couldn’t wait to escape. Some of the stories of dysfunction are incredible. No wonder they suck so bad.

The Indinians are starting to eat their own as all of the Woody fans have turned on him. He seems like a good guy can’t wait to get away from there, like Fife and Matta couldn’t wait to escape. Some of the stories of dysfunction are incredible. No wonder they suck so bad.
Perhaps we have different stories because Fife was forced out.

Forced out because he questioned what Woodson was doing, knowing that it was destined to fail. Matta had the same view of the dumpster fire, while none of the Indinians could see it coming.
Gotcha. Feel like Peegs ran with the inside knowledge that Fife was bashing NIL while out recruiting. Think Dakich pointed out that story had to be fake.

After another beatdown, this time by Nebraska at home. IU is 14-12 and have no business being in the NCAA Tournament. Not too sure about the NIT to be honest.

Is Woodson safe for another year?

After another beatdown, this time by Nebraska at home. IU is 14-12 and have no business being in the NCAA Tournament. Not too sure about the NIT to be honest.

They are 106 in the NET. There is one, and only one, way they make the dance and that is very unlikely.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Hard choice for sure. I mean you just shelled out a lot of money on football and your last few coaching hires have been busts. That is tough for donors looking at ROI. Can only go to the well so many times before the water is all gone.

If you are an admin, probably hard to make a choice at this point. Putting on my consulting cap to analyze top down and bottom up.

1. On court product is terrible. Kids aren’t getting better and most stats have regressed from last year and throughout the season. If you keep Woodson, you force him to clean house of the assistants. I’m talking everyone down to student managers are gone. Sorry Adam Howard, time to get a real job.

2. Recruiting - you have 1 kid coming in. Consensus has IU ranked with a powerful NIL yet you aren’t closing. You bragged about being in on all these burger boy 5* kids yet you basically missed on everyone. That isn’t a strategy for success. Also, it is out there that Woodson isn’t always hitting the road to recruit, he is sending assistants. That is probably part of your failure. Bring in NIL recruiting lead/coordinator roles. Think like General Manager.

3. Pampering - hire some demolition workers and destroy Woody’s cigar/wine man cave. You don’t deserve spoils and riches with the product you’re producing.

4. Portal - see 2. Part of bringing in new staff - find who is good at bringing in guys that works at Alabama, Arkansas, McNeese State etc. Pay them whatever they ask for and have them replicate the same at IU. It is your only way to stitch a successful outcome next year.

5. Next year is going to be rough. See items 1,2,&4 above. That is why forcing a cleaning house of assistants and bringing in guys who know how to work the portal is a key.

6. Upside and downside - keep or fire Woodson, next year is going to be rough. Do you want to ask donors to foot another 8 figure buyout? Can you set your targets and hire the right guy? I feel like Woodson wasn’t who they had in mind for the position and that is why they are where they are.

Thank you for coming to my TEDxIUBB talk.

Hard choice for sure. I mean you just shelled out a lot of money on football and your last few coaching hires have been busts. That is tough for donors looking at ROI. Can only go to the well so many times before the water is all gone.

If you are an admin, probably hard to make a choice at this point. Putting on my consulting cap to analyze top down and bottom up.

1. On court product is terrible. Kids aren’t getting better and most stats have regressed from last year and throughout the season. If you keep Woodson, you force him to clean house of the assistants. I’m talking everyone down to student managers are gone. Sorry Adam Howard, time to get a real job.

2. Recruiting - you have 1 kid coming in. Consensus has IU ranked with a powerful NIL yet you aren’t closing. You bragged about being in on all these burger boy 5* kids yet you basically missed on everyone. That isn’t a strategy for success. Also, it is out there that Woodson isn’t always hitting the road to recruit, he is sending assistants. That is probably part of your failure. Bring in NIL recruiting lead/coordinator roles. Think like General Manager.

3. Pampering - hire some demolition workers and destroy Woody’s cigar/wine man cave. You don’t deserve spoils and riches with the product you’re producing.

4. Portal - see 2. Part of bringing in new staff - find who is good at bringing in guys that works at Alabama, Arkansas, McNeese State etc. Pay them whatever they ask for and have them replicate the same at IU. It is your only way to stitch a successful outcome next year.

5. Next year is going to be rough. See items 1,2,&4 above. That is why forcing a cleaning house of assistants and bringing in guys who know how to work the portal is a key.

6. Upside and downside - keep or fire Woodson, next year is going to be rough. Do you want to ask donors to foot another 8 figure buyout? Can you set your targets and hire the right guy? I feel like Woodson wasn’t who they had in mind for the position and that is why they are where they are.

I think Woody's a great guy, but he's coached prima donna's a bit to long to come back to college. He's going to have to channel an inner Bob Knight and bust a few heads to clean out the dance halls. Personally, some who are on the roster this year shouldn't be next...at least five. Hit the portal for kids who want to be at IU for the school, not the money. Recruit lesser statewide players who will cherish the opportunity to play at IU and who have a chance to make the team better. I would have already parted ways with several of them. As for the staff, other than Cheney, they look pretty much lost.

was great in horror movies too

Dr. Loomis in the original Halloween and sequel, among them.

Also the Blofeld villain in James Bond movie - You Only Live Twice. It's the base character for Mike Myers' Dr. Evil of Austin Powers' series fame.

He was also really good as the volatile rawhider patriarch, Preacher Quint, in Will Penny....for those of you who like Westerns.

Last edited:
Dr. Loomis in the original Halloween and sequel, among them.

Also the Blofeld villain in James Bond movie - You Only Live Twice. It's the base character for Mike Myers' Dr. Evil of Austin Powers' series fame.

He was also really good as the volatile rawhider patriarch, Preacher Quint, in Will Penny....for those of you who like Westerns.
Prince of Darkness very under rated horror flick

If I was a big donor, you would have to really impress me with the next man up. It would probably have to be someone like Brad Stevens. Or, at the opposite end of the dignity spectrum, someone like Rick Pitino. If they keep Woody one more year, they may become more desperate and ready to settle for someone else. They seem to keep saying, "Surely we can find someone better than this guy." They continue to be wrong.

Honestly, i don't even care. RMK isn't walking through those doors to coach and IU has been living this pipedream for so long.

First it was "We are back" under Crean and that failed, Miller failed and now Woody has failed. The mindset of a fan base that hasn't done anything in over 20+ years but want to believe that the brand and/or history is enough.

I almost feel sorry for those poor dumb idiots but they've created this themselves and can't shake it. The next coach will fail as well because they will believe it's not good enough....let'em fail.

When I read they were good 20 years ago, I was like “I was in college when they were good. That wasn’t 20 years ago”.

Calculator says it was unfortunately.
That's why I said "20+" for those candy stripers. They're a comical bunch for sure.

Sign him to a lifetime contract. I'd chip in to keep the man in charge of their men's program.
One of my IU buddies said Simon Mall was only about half full for their inspired effort against Nebraska. Maybe Walmart had a huge weed wicker sale and they all went to that, but Indinia fans seem to finally be understanding that the way they’re trying to do this isn’t working. Said their women’s game against Iowa was close to full but that the men a night earlier couldn’t get half as many people. lol.

He also said the big scuttlebutt among the connected class is that their NIL game has been way overstated, and that Woodson isn’t happy. He’s trying to buy players on a much smaller budget than he was originally promised which is why his recruiting is falling off a cliff. Funding commitments were broken or never really firm and what is available isn’t nearly what they thought it would be. Sounds like the people running their collectives talked a much better game than they’ve played and that much of it was smoke and mirrors. Said much of their roster will turn over going into next year. At least they’ll have those moth ridden banners to tell their grand kids about.

Reactions: ChuckJr
One of my IU buddies said Simon Mall was only about half full for their inspired effort against Nebraska. Maybe Walmart had a huge weed wicker sale and they all went to that, but Indinia fans seem to finally be understanding that the way they’re trying to do this isn’t working. Said their women’s game against Iowa was close to full but that the men a night earlier couldn’t get half as many people. lol.

He also said the big scuttlebutt among the connected class is that their NIL game has been way overstated, and that Woodson isn’t happy. He’s trying to buy players on a much smaller budget than he was originally promised which is why his recruiting is falling off a cliff. Funding commitments were broken or never really firm and what is available isn’t nearly what they thought it would be. Sounds like the people running their collectives talked a much better game than they’ve played and that much of it was smoke and mirrors. Said much of their roster will turn over going into next year. At least they’ll have those moth ridden banners to tell their grand kids about.
I can see the NIL stuff for sure. However, they've had more than enough talent to be much more competitive than they have been even with injuries... One things for sure, IU seems to have a really poor program moral for a while now. You can see it in Woodsons face... He almost seems like he's constantly trying to figure out how to get out of there...

If I was a big donor, you would have to really impress me with the next man up. It would probably have to be someone like Brad Stevens. Or, at the opposite end of the dignity spectrum, someone like Rick Pitino. If they keep Woody one more year, they may become more desperate and ready to settle for someone else. They seem to keep saying, "Surely we can find someone better than this guy." They continue to be wrong.
Bring Alford home. Should have done that before the failed experiment that was Davis/Treloar.

That's why I said "20+" for those candy stripers. They're a comical bunch for sure.
There was a write up about their only recruit and he is pictured with their B1G title trophies. Literally the kid would have been 8-10. Probably didn’t even know who Indiana was

i think there are 2 sides of NIL. The real one and whatever Hoosier Hysteric guys are doing. Those guys are a net negative for their program and doing it solely for ego and access to recruits. Seriously weirdos.

Maybe their NIL blew their load on TJD, JHS and X?

Reactions: Poprudy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT