ADVERTISEMENT

RE: Woodson and Indiana basketball

Yeah I will here in a sec. But hey at least you basically admitted you're Level 42.

Hopefully you learned your lesson and will be nicer to people this time. You aren't starting out so well though.

Peace!
Starting out? I’ve had my profile for a couple years. Chris(level42) is the one with the brand new account.

The kids Woody gets could give two shits and a doughnut about the rivalry or the classroom. They're in Trailer City for one reason.

I love watching Race play....energetic team player. When he gets $100K in endorsements should tell you the game IU is now playing.
What makes you think they have no interest in the classroom? Who GAF if they care about the rivalry. That’s two games a year.

IU adapted quickly to the new NIL rules. I saw Purdue just held an athlete only career fair offering internships though… 😂😂

I will. He’s a poster that got absolutely roasted in another thread for being an admitted bully. His other username is level42.

Decent chance it is 42 but trying to play the 'nice guy' angle (but for how "new" he is, he's already called out a few posters). 42 is basically Purdue's IU Trojan guy (angry, toxic).

Also leaning towards it being another regular on here...

Reactions: johnboiler123
Decent chance it is 42 but trying to play the 'nice guy' angle (but for how "new" he is, he's already called out a few posters). 42 is basically Purdue's IU Trojan guy (angry, toxic).

Also leaning towards it being another regular on here...
See I disagree that it's 42 as Bacon has been way too clever in some responses to people and downright funny in others. Besides have you seen this forum lately? Calling out people, even for newbies, isn't all that uncommon.

I have no idea if it's really him or not, but I suspect it's the johnboiler123 person as their posting styles are identical.

Or .......OR........ WE ARE ALL LEVEL 42!

200.gif

See I disagree that it's 42 as Bacon has been way too clever in some responses to people and downright funny in others. Besides have you seen this forum lately? Calling out people, even for newbies, isn't all that uncommon.

I have no idea if it's really him or not, but I suspect it's the johnboiler123 person as their posting styles are identical.

Or .......OR........ WE ARE ALL LEVEL 42!

200.gif

I hear ya amigo. Also, clicking on this morning, there are like FIVE Indiana-related threads on the top half of the page, so I guess I'd rather play "guess that poster" than read anymore about the Loosiers on our site 🤣

What does LSU have to do with Reneau? He wasn't even considering them. He was planning to visit Maryland and Virginia next. Is it so hard to take a kid at his word that he really liked the coaches, bonded well with them and the players and decided that's where he wanted to be? Instead you insinuate that he's the kind of kid that just wants dirty money.

Indiana recruited Reneau the first time around, before he decommitted, but it was right after Woodson was hired, so he was already set on Florida and never visited Bloomimgton. This time he did, and loved it. Nothing to see here except a kid deciding where he wants to be.
And he is promised lots of NIL $$.

Talking to a good friend today...former banker...who has great connections to the IU basketball program.

look for Woodson to rely on the portal for players and slow down recruiting. For what he wants to do to mimic the NBA, that suits him better.

At this point, who's left? Thought everyone pretty much already jumped ship.

TJD gone....count on it. Race still undecided.

The surest sign that the opposite is going to happen is a Twindegrees2 post predicting doom and gloom for IU.

;)

Roster set. No portal additions. One more high school recruit. TJD back. Race decided. Phinisee got his degree and left, and Durr, Stewart, and Lander were sent away.

And?
"The surest sign that the opposite is going to happen is a Twindegrees2 post predicting doom and gloom for IU."

If TwinDegrees2 ever predicts happy times for IU ima gonna be depressed.

Last edited:
Roster set. No portal additions. One more high school recruit. TJD back. Race decided. Phinisee got his degree and left, and Durr, Stewart, and Lander were sent away.

And?
"The surest sign that the opposite is going to happen is a Twindegrees2 post predicting doom and gloom for IU."

If TwinDegrees2 ever predicts happy times for IU ima gonna be depressed.

Who's going to help with shooting next year?

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
I implore you to look at the 3 point stats of all the sweet 16 teams. It might shock you how much 3 point shooting isn’t as crazy important as you might think. It’s actually shocking. What if I told you Kansas averaged 7 made threes a game at a 36 % clip. IU was 34% at 6 made a game. Would that shock you?

I implore you to look at the 3 point stats of all the sweet 16 teams. It might shock you how much 3 point shooting isn’t as crazy important as you might think. It’s actually shocking. What if I told you Kansas averaged 7 made threes a game at a 36 % clip. IU was 34% at 6 made a game. Would that shock you?
No it wouldn’t shock me. IU also lost its best shooter though.

Kopp and XJ are pretty good shooter's. My guess is Bates, Gunn and Geronimo will be better off ball/mid range shooter's.
In my opinion, Gunn may be good someday but won’t play this year, and there is hope that Bates and Geronimo will be decent from 3pt.

Galloway-it’d be a miracle.

No it wouldn’t shock me. IU also lost its best shooter though and didn’t bring in someone comparable.
I’m not arguing any of that. I was just shocked at how different the perception is to actual reality. He might’ve been our best shooter percentage wise but he took so few.

Wow! My wife and I went to Twin Peaks and had a couple beers and associated with the staff, both of them. I can't believe this thread blew up in my absence. Read it all. That said, IU sucks. Go Boilers!

You asked two Questions:

1) No.
2) Not a "yes or no" answer for me, because I don't have much of the relevant info. If X was not under any "one screw up and you're done" status? Sure.

I'd take Gillis on IU too. And that's not a back-handed knock on Gillis. I assume he's a good kid who was worth sticking behind during his worst moment. Cline too. BTW, Cline's incident was not the first time the Purdue staff knew he had an issue.

Kids can be productive members of society if their mentors do not kick them to the curb when things are at their worst. Geez. What do you think should happen to Xavier Johnson re basketball? Banned from the game? Banned from the Big 10? Banned from D1? Banned from D1 in the State of Indiana?

Will Xavier Johnson have a better chance to be a productive member of society if that happens? So my simple question for you regarding Xavier Johnson: He screwed up. Where do you want him to be?
Just saw this. Where do I want him to be, where do I believe he should be.

If this were his first...give him a second chance. I'm all about second shots, but with X, he's had multiple screw up's and this isn't his 1st. Thus, I'd send him packing but Woody is used to X's kind of players.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT