ADVERTISEMENT

Think Woodson is gone after this year?

Wine 🍷? WINE 🍷?? Well there’s the problem, he’s a wine 🍷 and cigar guy instead of a bourbon 🥃 guy!!! Lol 😂
I do like a good red wine at dinner. Why would you not smoke a good cigar with a well balanced bourbon.

This thread is making me thirsty.

A wise decision. And completely in line with their coach hiring decisions.
Everything out there says that IU has a strong NIL. If it is someone like Peegs saying it isn't or that is the reason for missing on so many recruits, that is marching orders from higher powers at IU. The stuff with them getting rid of Fife and dragging him through the mud is because of Peegs putting that stuff out there on Woodson's behalf.

Speaking of Fife, if we have an open bench coach spot, I would hire him. Think it would be funny.

• Haha
Reactions: Heads up BOILER
There was a write up about their only recruit and he is pictured with their B1G title trophies. Literally the kid would have been 8-10. Probably didn’t even know who Indiana was

i think there are 2 sides of NIL. The real one and whatever Hoosier Hysteric guys are doing. Those guys are a net negative for their program and doing it solely for ego and access to recruits. Seriously weirdos.

Maybe their NIL blew their load on TJD, JHS and X?
Not sure on the distribution of it, only that actual amounts being offered and paid weee much less than some people had speculated, and that Indinia was far from being a leader in this space. Said Woodson was sold a bill of goods and that NIL was vastly overstated to him. Also said Brad Stevens had to tell them to quit calling as he had zero interest, regardless of whatever they claimed they could offer him.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Bring Alford home. Should have done that before the failed experiment that was Davis/Treloar.
He’s told me in the past that Alford isn’t well liked by a bunch of their alums. Said he’s arrogant and entitled and that he’s not welcomed there.

Everything out there says that IU has a strong NIL. If it is someone like Peegs saying it isn't or that is the reason for missing on so many recruits, that is marching orders from higher powers at IU. The stuff with them getting rid of Fife and dragging him through the mud is because of Peegs putting that stuff out there on Woodson's behalf.

Speaking of Fife, if we have an open bench coach spot, I would hire him. Think it would be funny.
Wasn't Painter trying to hire him when IU made him part of their failed 3-coach master plan.

One of my IU buddies said Simon Mall was only about half full for their inspired effort against Nebraska. Maybe Walmart had a huge weed wicker sale and they all went to that, but Indinia fans seem to finally be understanding that the way they’re trying to do this isn’t working. Said their women’s game against Iowa was close to full but that the men a night earlier couldn’t get half as many people. lol.

He also said the big scuttlebutt among the connected class is that their NIL game has been way overstated, and that Woodson isn’t happy. He’s trying to buy players on a much smaller budget than he was originally promised which is why his recruiting is falling off a cliff. Funding commitments were broken or never really firm and what is available isn’t nearly what they thought it would be. Sounds like the people running their collectives talked a much better game than they’ve played and that much of it was smoke and mirrors. Said much of their roster will turn over going into next year. At least they’ll have those moth ridden banners to tell their grand kids about.
There were lower level tickets listed on SeatGeek for $1- $4 the day of the game.

Watching MgBanko rain dance one off the glass would be worth a couple bucks.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Like me getting texts everyday from Nikki Haley?
Pretty much, and they were stunned he wouldn’t give them the time of day. What a mess, they couldn’t have made themselves look any dumber. And their attendance which has been bad all year, is even worse now. Boo birds, too.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
So says you. He and Knight were still friends to the day Knight passed. And that is a fact.
They weren’t close. Knight never forgave Alford for answering a reporter’s question about someday being his replacement, so they were always distant. Knight was an ass to so many, so it’s not surprising. SA has a reputation as being arrogant, which is why he’s not well liked by many IU types and why he was never up for that job. Too bad Knight couldn’t act like an adult, he really destroyed that program.

He won't go willingly as that would mean leaving as a loosier, which will happen eventually.
He’s not well thought of down there. Some of my IU buddies say he played himself out of contention for that job years ago because of his attitude. Blobby didn’t care much for him, so none of the sheep did either.

On a happier note, there are thousands of tickets available online for under $10 for their game against Wisconsin. They can’t draw at home any better than they do on the road. Playing Indinia is just another game, and a W.

But we have been told that hiring a coach that will recruit and get you to a Final Four isn't so difficult. I wonder why blueblood IU is having such a hard time.
….And the mental midgets who populate their sites are resolute that Painter’s level of consistent competitiveness and creating a sustainable culture is absolutely beneath their lofty blue blood “standards”….

What an absolute crock of delusional nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerAndy
You think IU will take another financial hit to their athletic department budget and get rid of Woodson after the season? It seems that he has a pretty big buyout clause until April 2025, but hasn't stopped them in the past before. Also, 2 player ejections in the last 4 games. Seems that their fanbase is getting a little anxious.

I have to say that I am loving it, and I hope they don't. That might just be me that feels that way.

Do you think they will rely on academics as their public face? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Kern County
I am hoping he steps away. But that's just me. He just doesn't have what it takes. Wasn't a fan of the hire to begin with even. But the old guard at IU got their buddy a job and they'll likely see him fall flat on his face. As far as Purdue goes, he's guaranteed a .500 record against them if this were his last season. Only way it is his last season is if there is a plan for him to walk away and hire Dusty May.
The .500 record was a fluke and more of a statement on Purdue in those games, than IU

….And the mental midgets who populate their sites are resolute that Painter’s level of consistent competitiveness and creating a sustainable culture is absolutely beneath their lofty blue blood “standards”….

One of the things I enjoy is when they compare teams and players on teams and then talk about whether someone does well in the NBA. Pretty obvious Zach won't get drafted as high as Jaden and just as obvious that Zach was the better Purdue player. Many times easier to find a four leaf clover than logic down there ...

Reactions: RossMackey
They weren’t close. Knight never forgave Alford for answering a reporter’s question about someday being his replacement, so they were always distant. Knight was an ass to so many, so it’s not surprising. SA has a reputation as being arrogant, which is why he’s not well liked by many IU types and why he was never up for that job. Too bad Knight couldn’t act like an adult, he really destroyed that program.
There were also hard feelings from RMK when Alford took Luke Recker at Iowa after he left IU. He went to Arizona from IU, but never played there. He went to Iowa and Knight didn't like it.

There were also hard feelings from RMK when Alford took Luke Recker at Iowa after he left IU. He went to Arizona from IU, but never played there. He went to Iowa and Knight didn't like it.
Just to shed a little look on Sam Alford and Knight. There was some basketball occasion and brother-in-law was sitting next to Sam and leaned over and said, "I'll try not to ask you about Bob Knight and Sam responded with a Thank you"... ;) I only wish to indicate that Sam probably had some tough times with Knight as many remember, not that he hated knight, but probably just found him over the top as many did. Luke's high school coach is Tipton's coach. Cliff was a grad asst under Bill Hodges, but was a Knight fan. I'm thinking it was in 75 he graduated as a History teacher from Purdue. Cliff is a big fan of Matt's and visits his practices when able. He asks Matt for any advice he may have to help develop a player he has.

All of the basketball savvy posters left there when Peegs went to 247. The holdovers are all Purdue obsessed dolts who for the most part didn’t even go to school there. It’s a stupid bunch of people.

Reactions: ChuckJr
WOODSON IS BACK BABY. EXTEND THE MAN
Haha - read someone saying fans are struggling to be excited about winning because this makes it harder to get rid of him.

I don't know how the B1G bracket will play out but we should totally let them get to the title game as a joke and enter the potential bubble convo.

• Haha
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Haha - read someone saying fans are struggling to be excited about winning because this makes it harder to get rid of him.

I don't know how the B1G bracket will play out but we should totally let them get to the title game as a joke and enter the potential bubble convo.
If they came up with enough NIL and returned the touted 3 and grabbed some guards, they could have a very good team next year. However, if they lose Ware and probably will, I doubt they get an adequate or comparable player as Ware next year and won't be towards the top of the Big. Need Ware to really be good to make sure he gets drafted as a no brainer. Makes IU fans happy as well, since they are or seemed to be, more concerned about their players going to the NBA than what they accomplish at IU.

I understand that a fire alarm went during the game and they had to evacuate all 22 people, delaying the game.
I know the weather was closing in, but their crowd was even thinner than the previous game, maybe 8k or 9k? Lots of leg and elbow room.

Just to shed a little look on Sam Alford and Knight. There was some basketball occasion and brother-in-law was sitting next to Sam and leaned over and said, "I'll try not to ask you about Bob Knight and Sam responded with a Thank you"... ;) I only wish to indicate that Sam probably had some tough times with Knight as many remember, not that he hated knight, but probably just found him over the top as many did. Luke's high school coach is Tipton's coach. Cliff was a grad asst under Bill Hodges, but was a Knight fan. I'm thinking it was in 75 he graduated as a History teacher from Purdue. Cliff is a big fan of Matt's and visits his practices when able. He asks Matt for any advice he may have to help develop a player he has.
I worked with Luke's Dad for many years and during the time Luke was at IU and Iowa. I will just leave it to say there were many hard feelings over that move.

Reactions: tjreese
If they came up with enough NIL and returned the touted 3 and grabbed some guards, they could have a very good team next year. However, if they lose Ware and probably will, I doubt they get an adequate or comparable player as Ware next year and won't be towards the top of the Big. Need Ware to really be good to make sure he gets drafted as a no brainer. Makes IU fans happy as well, since they are or seemed to be, more concerned about their players going to the NBA than what they accomplish at IU.
Most draft boards are showing Ware in the first round and believe that was his goal. With the way NIL and portal work, who knows who will be available. Sparks isn’t the answer and if he is your first option at the 5, you have big problems. Filling the other holes will be a challenge and Woodson has to change his pitch that minutes are up for grabs to the best player. Thinking his messaging to guards in the portal was backup minutes behind X and Galloway.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT