ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Tourney: Purdue vs. Rutgers: Predictions & Game Thread

slider...you stink

LOL

WE4elDy.gif

Well that should make these guys come ready to play from the beginning the next game. Really glad to have Vince back, needed him tonight. Haas better shoot some free throws before tomorrow.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I was not happy with the lack of adjustments in what Baker and Sanders were doing tonight. Baker never took a shot to his right while Sanders took very few to his left.

Was just very frustrated that Baker kept doing the same move (dribble, fake right, crossover, step back jumper to the left) for probably 7 of his 10 shots.

I thought we were in their face most of the game....Shots sometimes go in anyway....
Those shots were contested. You don't foul a jump shooter. Rule 1
Rutgers goes as their guard's shots go. It is one on one basketball mostly with solid board work and tough D. They have a lot of length and guards that were on. If those same shots are taken and they are shooting just okay...Purdue wins between 15-20, but they have shown that when the stars align they can play with teams

I’m glad that he’ll have a couple weeks to heal before the NCAA Tournament.

me too. from personal experience tho, when those moderate to severe sprains aren't fully healed, it's real easy to re-injure it when playing on it too early, especially in these back-to-back games on consecutive games. to me BTT means nothing compared to being 100% and lay it on the line during NCAA.

I was not happy with the lack of adjustments in what Baker and Sanders were doing tonight. Baker never took a shot to his right while Sanders took very few to his left.

Was just very frustrated that Baker kept doing the same move (dribble, fake right, crossover, step back jumper to the left) for probably 7 of his 10 shots.

I agree it was frustrating, but long 2s are exactly what you want the opponent to take. Baker & Sanders made a lot of shots, but they also missed 19 FGAs. Giving up 17 offensive rebounds leading to 18 more FGAs for Rutgers is what kept them in the game imo.

Despite the overall poor rebounding performance, Isaac deserves some credit for his 10 boards (1 off his season high).

me too. from personal experience tho, when those moderate to severe sprains aren't fully healed, it's real easy to re-injure it when playing on it too early, especially in these back-to-back games on consecutive games. to me BTT means nothing compared to being 100% and lay it on the line during NCAA.
Yep, from experience myself..............hell I can't walk along a curb with out turning my left ankle. Nothing left in that ankle.....

Reactions: Purdue85 and klmLB
Edwards and Edwards money at the line! Mathias with great court awareness getting the ball where it needed to be! PJ with the defensive play of the game! I knew this game was going to be close Sanders and Baker were on a roll all tournament long so far. Glad we pulled out the win! Hopefully my adrenaline will calm down and I can get some sleep and be ready for tomorrow! Boiler Up!!

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Yep, from experience myself..............hell I can't walk along a curb with out turning my left ankle. Nothing left in that ankle.....
I know all about the weak ankles. I can almost feel the pain when I see someone hurt theirs...and have stepped on a rock and rolled it as well. Not sure they ever really heal...just get a bit stronger... ;)

Reactions: Purdue85
I know all about the weak ankles. I can almost feel the pain when I see someone hurt theirs...and have stepped on a rock and rolled it as well. Not sure they ever really heal...just get a bit stronger... ;)

My left ankle has been "stretched" to the point where it doesn't even hurt to roll it anymore. It would have been better to break the darn thing........I know I tried LOL

My left ankle has been "stretched" to the point where it doesn't even hurt to roll it anymore. It would have been better to break the darn thing........I know I tried LOL
Fully aware of the lack of pain and swelling. Mine hurts for a "few" and that is it...however it is the right that is worse for me... ;)

Reactions: PU pit bull
I agree it was frustrating, but long 2s are exactly what you want the opponent to take. Baker & Sanders made a lot of shots, but they also missed 19 FGAs. Giving up 17 offensive rebounds leading to 18 more FGAs for Rutgers is what kept them in the game imo.

Despite the overall poor rebounding performance, Isaac deserves some credit for his 10 boards (1 off his season high).

At one point, it appeared that Rutgers was getting to shoot until they made one. Sanders played catch with himself on either side of the basket on one series when Rutgers collected three offensive boards.

At one point, it appeared that Rutgers was getting to shoot until they made one. Sanders played catch with himself on either side of the basket on one series when Rutgers collected three offensive boards.

Yes....that's when I had to suspend my "remote" rule......temporarily of course. :)

Need better results on the glass today.

Reactions: Boiler_HD
I think we'll learn quickly if we should plan for a second week in the NCAA. If they come out and smoke Rutgers, take control early and OWN the game - then I see us making the sweet 16. If we struggle, pull away at the end, then it will be a short live March
So where’s your prediction? National Champs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT