ADVERTISEMENT

Utah State v. Purdue - Game Thread (2024 NCAA Tournament, Midwest Region - round of 32)

Found this on reddit

mi5gwu35icqc1.jpeg

Yeah, which unfortunately you sorely lack

Doesn’t affect you at all, but bothers you enough to click “quote” on four different messages during the first five minutes of the game to come make your first post, post game with a superiority complex.

Your actions betray your words buddy
I don't make conclusions based on limited evidence. You and three others made conclusions that the boilers were not playing well. OK. It is a 40 minutes game ... but they did win by over 35 ... pretty stupid posts to me. And I already mentioned you should just be quiet and see what develops. What did you benefit by saying they were playing lousy? Was that not obvious to everyone?

Gotta enjoy the moment………just looking to next year, should be different but really good!

Smith, Colvin, Heide, Catchings, TKR start: Loyer 6 th man award

Berg, Harris , furst, cox following
I don't understand why people keep thinking someone who hasn't even stepped on campus is going to displace someone who has started every single game for 2 seasons in a row. Loyer is your starter. Get it in your head.

Catchings has to show up first, practice against some of the best players in the country, then he has to be BETTER then they are. Catchings may not redshirt, might be intensely impressive but to think he will displace one of the best players on our team is quite naive.

I'm excited about the POTENTIAL of our incoming class, but I don't expect any of them to start.

Furst at the 5, TKR at the 4, Heide at the 3, Loyer at the 2, Braden at the 1. The only variance there is if TKR starts at the 5 and Heide plays a small 4 with Colvin at the 3.

Or God Forbid, we have injuries... Catchings, Harris, Cox, Jacobson, Burgess, and Benter all have promise but none of them will start over Loyer, Smith or TKR. I think Heide is a lock now too. Colvin or Furst has a virtual lock on that last starting spot depending on whether Painter wants to go big or small. Everyone else must prove themselves first.

I don't make conclusions based on limited evidence. You and three others made conclusions that the boilers were not playing well. OK. It is a 40 minutes game ... but they did win by over 35 ... pretty stupid posts to me. And I already mentioned you should just be quiet and see what develops. What did you benefit by saying they were playing lousy? Was that not obvious to everyone?
Are you always this purposely obtuse or you just have some sand in your underwear?

It’s called an “in game thread”

For you who needs clear communication:

this is thread that people are talking about the game as it’s happening in real time. Just like when someone says BOOM Baby Fletch! Everybody knows Fletch made a 3 pointer. They are watching the game. And commenting as such. Does this also confuse you when you read a in game thread post game? Confused why they said it? I mean of course, we saw it already?

Like are you for real? Complaining about in game comments post game? Are you real life?

Reactions: mryankee2397
I don't understand why people keep thinking someone who hasn't even stepped on campus is going to displace someone who has started every single game for 2 seasons in a row. Loyer is your starter. Get it in your head.

Catchings has to show up first, practice against some of the best players in the country, then he has to be BETTER then they are. Catchings may not redshirt, might be intensely impressive but to think he will displace one of the best players on our team is quite naive.

I'm excited about the POTENTIAL of our incoming class, but I don't expect any of them to start.

Furst at the 5, TKR at the 4, Heide at the 3, Loyer at the 2, Braden at the 1. The only variance there is if TKR starts at the 5 and Heide plays a small 4 with Colvin at the 3.

Or God Forbid, we have injuries... Catchings, Harris, Cox, Jacobson, Burgess, and Benter all have promise but none of them will start over Loyer, Smith or TKR. I think Heide is a lock now too. Colvin or Furst has a virtual lock on that last starting spot depending on whether Painter wants to go big or small. Everyone else must prove themselves first.

"Lock on starting spot".....above.

Don't know, that just doesn't sound accurate?? CMP has played several frosh alot of minutes. Likely will next year.....even if you are right about starters. Likely are on TKR, Loyer & Smith for sure.... everyone would agree with that. The other two spots, we will see??

One thing in your post that will surprise me is, if Furst is one of those starters -- or even a high minute player, given his performance this year. Don't see that at all

If 1 or 2 of the freshmen start over who is returning, this will indeed be a special recruiting class.

But I can see Painter moving an established player to the 2nd wave to bring in experience and scoring off the bench.

I watched today with joy. Painter has said multiple times since sept that he has stressed to his guys to enjoy the game. Enjoy playing basketball. Its a game!

I was so stressed out against grambling because of what happened last year, I really didnt enjoy watching the game and only had relief.

So I told myself today to just enjoy watching this team play. F'ck the past failures. Just enjoy what is infront and see some damn good basketball.

I am so happy the team looked looser this game and slaughtered usu in the 2nd half. They truly look the part of national champions this year. Awesome work by the entire program.

If 1 or 2 of the freshmen start over who is returning, this will indeed be a special recruiting class.

But I can see Painter moving an established player to the 2nd wave to bring in experience and scoring off the bench.
Biggest question is going to be who leaves. Someone has to with our class. Waddell is obvious choice but his dad played with Painter. Furst is the only one that makes sense after that.

technically speaking we could also have Edey, Gillis or Morton back. But out of those candidates, Gillis is the only maybe and that’s extremely unlikely too.

If Furst leaves that changes a lot for next year

I had never used the ignore feature until this season. It makes this board so much better.
I'm holding on. I've never used ignore with anticipation that some you might consider putting on ignore will type something I like or at least appreciate.

Reactions: Old Gold n Black
I'm holding on. I've never used ignore with anticipation that some you might consider putting on ignore will type something I like or at least appreciate.
I held on as long as I could. Decided I would try it and it makes the board so much more enjoyable. There are some that are so obviously clueless, either on purpose or not, that it was ruining my enjoyment. Since I'm obviously here for my own enjoyment, it just makes sense for me. Everyone else's mileage may vary!

Biggest question is going to be who leaves. Someone has to with our class. Waddell is obvious choice but his dad played with Painter. Furst is the only one that makes sense after that.

technically speaking we could also have Edey, Gillis or Morton back. But out of those candidates, Gillis is the only maybe and that’s extremely unlikely too.

If Furst leaves that changes a lot for next year
I hate speculating stuff like this, but we'll know how it all will work out in a month.

I don't see Furst leaving, but who knows?

For now I'm just going to enjoy this group while it lasts.

I held on as long as I could. Decided I would try it and it makes the board so much more enjoyable. There are some that are so obviously clueless, either on purpose or not, that it was ruining my enjoyment. Since I'm obviously here for my own enjoyment, it just makes sense for me. Everyone else's mileage may vary!
I've had one on for years ... added one or two a few months ago ... adding at least one today.

Reactions: Schnelk
fully get it and yes some of the takes really make you wonder

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Doo dah day! I recommend you place every one of us on block! It makes it better for us as well as WE don’t appreciate your harassing personal insults! It’s called a fan forum. It’s not called a for only for former basketball players and coaches forum and only people who have either played the game or coached it can post here!

Not everyone is as as savy and intelligent about basketball as you are! Some of us are just fans!

All the #1 seeds are still alive
All the #2 seeds are still alive
Only ONE #3 seed is out
Only ONE #4 seed is out.

Gonna be one hell of a Sweet 16 and Elite 8.

Already have set:

Purdue/Gonzaga

Tennessee/Creighton

Iowa State/Illinois

Marquette/North Carolina State

First three especially look to be rockin match-ups, and the way NC State is picking up steam.....could be interesting, but I expect Marquette to end the run.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
No way Loyer starts on the bench in favor of a freshman next year. Zero chance.

I think everyone is on board with Loyer, Smith & TKR starting.

There is reasonable debate on the other two spots. In any case, the frosh (if they D it up) will likely get plenty of minutes. The opportunity is there. But I am impressed by how Heide & Colvin are making their case of late. Impressive. So that will be fun.

But this year, is what excites me. Alot of fun!

I watched today with joy. Painter has said multiple times since sept that he has stressed to his guys to enjoy the game. Enjoy playing basketball. Its a game!

I was so stressed out against grambling because of what happened last year, I really didnt enjoy watching the game and only had relief.

So I told myself today to just enjoy watching this team play. F'ck the past failures. Just enjoy what is infront and see some damn good basketball.

I am so happy the team looked looser this game and slaughtered usu in the 2nd half. They truly look the part of national champions this year. Awesome work by the entire program.

Lance might be my favorite player this year just simply because of his true joy of playing the game of basketball.

Jones has such a great smile and is so infectious the way he plays.

What a game from TKR! His effort and energy early was pivotal. Lots of good performances today, but his start may have been the most important part of the game.
IMO, TKR was the player that seemed to take USU out of the "Stop Eddy" game plan and then Eddy and the shooters broke their will.
Thank you CMP for showing a change up for the tournament!!!!!

Doo dah day! I recommend you place every one of us on block! It makes it better for us as well as WE don’t appreciate your harassing personal insults! It’s called a fan forum. It’s not called a for only for former basketball players and coaches forum and only people who have either played the game or coached it can post here!

Not everyone is as as savy and intelligent about basketball as you are! Some of us are just fans!
You are the only person I am ignoring, because you are so gullible.

IMO, TKR was the player that seemed to take USU out of the "Stop Eddy" game plan and then Eddy and the shooters broke their will.
Thank you CMP for showing a change up for the tournament!!!!!
Actually the change started in practice the first day. Matt knew the advantages of Trey playing alongside with Zach for part of the game and all it allowed. The manifestation was most obvious today, but could also be seen in smaller steps through the previous games in what they hoped would bring scoring and a physical presence down low providing versatility inside both on D and O. Cam has steadily improved and Mason is doing so much better. Purdue is peaking it seems at the right time...

I hate speculating stuff like this, but we'll know how it all will work out in a month.

I don't see Furst leaving, but who knows?

For now I'm just going to enjoy this group while it lasts.
I don't see Furst leaving now that his brother joined the team. I don't see Waddell leaving as he is a legacy player. The only player who possibly could return (Zach is gone, played his way into the 1st round - Morton isn't going to be invited back) is Gillis since he is already working on his MBA, but I don't think there is space. He will hit the portal and play one more year. Hopefully out of the conference as I don't want to play him.

I would have said TKR but he should be able to see a clear path to playing time so he will be "the man" inside next year. Doubt he leaves. Colvin might be jaded with not enough PT and Heide ahead of him on the depth chart but he also is a legacy player so I doubt it.

I really don't know. Berg maybe? (I hope not) - I'm more apt to say someone like Furst or Waddell stays but gives up the scholarship. I don't really have an answer otherwise.

But it's too early to start putting true freshman into next year's starting lineup. Not until they step on campus and start hitting the weight room and the practice floor. We have a starting six right now, if a Freshman becomes the starter they are going to be a superstar.

Get a load of this clown:

Our defensive gameplan is predivtably ****ING AWFUL.

Painter has no ****ing clue how to play defense from a strategic point. Absolutely horrendous

Im sure the painter defenders are on speed dial to do just that.

Its absolutely stupid what we are doing and this is another PERFECT team to play a zone on but we refuse to even teach it.

In the least we should not be switching edey on PnRs at the 3 pt line FFs

We are going to lose this game. Our guards are still horrific when it counts. Smith once again doing STUPID SHIT

Wow it is so nice having guys elevate their play on this stage for once instead of the opposite for once like tkr has done today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT