ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Kentucky v. Purdue Game Thread

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. It's the last of the non-conference slate this season as the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (4-8) visit Mackey Arena to take on the #1-ranked Purdue Boilermakers (11-1). Tip is scheduled for approximately 7:00 pm (Eastern time) with television coverage on the Big Ten Network.

Projected Starting Line-Ups:

Eastern Kentucky - Devontae Blanton, Isaiah Cozart, Michael Moreno, Leland Walker, and Collin Cooper

Purdue - Zach Edey, Trey Kaufman-Renn, Lance Jones, Fletcher Loyer, and Braden Smith

Eastern Kentucky has lost its last four games and six of its last seven, and Purdue has won its last four after its only loss of the season @ Northwestern. The Colonels are averaging 84.7 points per game on 44.6 percent shooting and allowing 79.8 points per contest on 43.2 percent shooting. They are led by Isaiah Cozart, who averages 15.7 points and 9.9 rebounds, then Leland Walker at 14.5 points and 4.6 assists. Devontae Blanton is the third leading scorer, and Michael Moreno is grabbing 6.4 rebounds. Eastern Kentucky doesn't shoot very prolifically from long range, at 32.4 percent from beyond the arc, and they are rather pedestrian from the free throw line @ 65.7 percent. Defensively, Eastern Kentucky allows 40.5 percent shooting from deep.

Similarly to Purdue's last game opponent, Jacksonville, the match-up really favors the Boilers and will be another opportunity for the Purdue team to improve its team chemistry and communication and improve on execution and shooting. Expect Zach Edey to be established early, as Eastern Kentucky really doesn't have enough in the paint to match up, Hopefully Cam Heide and Myles Colvin get meaningful minutes and continue to work into significant roles in the line-up as getting back to conference season looms next week.

How will the Boilers wrap up the non-conference season and 2023?

We shall see starting in a little over an hour or so.

Happy New Year, and Boiler Up, my friends....

i
i

Will be listening on XM and rooting for a Purdue Triumph as I traverse the great state of Indiana, headed back to northern Virginia after Christmas in St. Louis….

Reactions: rgarlitz and SKYDOG
Smitty with a Boom Baby! For once, Purdue was fortunate with the loose ball....easily could have been another turnover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT