ADVERTISEMENT

Maliq Carr in transfer portal

Wow this kind of stinks it wasn’t going to be as if we were counting on him on the football side this year. But for the future, yes it hurts a bit. But on the basketball side, where was he going to play?

When he was recruited, no one saw Indiana, Butler and Notre Dame being that bad at basketball and us getting all the top recruits in the state? And he was recruited with a “promise to have the opportunity to compete in basketball and football“. That’s what he wanted and he only gets one shot at it so I don’t blame him.
Tampering? Sounds like it

• Wow
Reactions: Inspector100
I’ve actually enjoyed the rivalry with MSU that’s blossomed over the last decade. Recently we flipped Swanigan which was a massive victory. They returned the favor with carr.
It’s different with Carr... we don’t need him on the basketball side. They probably do or they wouldn’t have done what they did and risk getting investigated for tampering. If there is an investigation what else gets uncovered??

Swanigan we needed

Search Michigan State Spartans 365 on Facebook.

Better yet. Spartans Wire on Facebook.

Reported MSU dual sport transfer Maliq Carr reopens recruitment

'Earlier this week it was reported that Carr would be leaving Purdue to become a Spartan and play both football and basketball at Michigan State. However, Carr is now refuting that report and posted on Twitter on Saturday that “all schools can contact me.”'

Seems like MSU is still the most likely destination based on the update, and this could be Carr trying to improve the optics.

Reported MSU dual sport transfer Maliq Carr reopens recruitment

'Earlier this week it was reported that Carr would be leaving Purdue to become a Spartan and play both football and basketball at Michigan State. However, Carr is now refuting that report and posted on Twitter on Saturday that “all schools can contact me.”'

Seems like MSU is still the most likely destination based on the update, and this could be Carr trying to improve the optics.
I don't think he can improve the optics at this point. Clearly he was in contact with someone at MSU prior to him hitting the transfer portal. Now whether the B1G or the NCAA actually investigate it is questionable...

I don't think he can improve the optics at this point. Clearly he was in contact with someone at MSU prior to him hitting the transfer portal. Now whether the B1G or the NCAA actually investigate it is questionable...
Apparently his uncle (dad’s cousin actually) is Dwayne Stephens, assistant coach for the basketball team. If that’s the case, it’s impossible to deny that there was contact prior to him announcing he was transferring. The problem is, I don’t see how you can prove it.

Reactions: purduepat1969
2 catches for 10 yards on the season
Wonder at what point he will be switching over to basketball..
Hate to say it but he likely wouldn’t have much deeper of a contribution here either. He’s also on an 8-0 team there where he wouldn’t be here.
At the end of the day, these kids just full out lack patience and the will to work for and earn a spot. I don’t have any Ill will towards the kid, I just think he’s one of the many who gets antsy and is too anxious to see just how green or brown the grass is on the other side.

Hate to say it but he likely wouldn’t have much deeper of a contribution here either. He’s also on an 8-0 team there where he wouldn’t be here.
At the end of the day, these kids just full out lack patience and the will to work for and earn a spot. I don’t have any Ill will towards the kid, I just think he’s one of the many who gets antsy and is too anxious to see just how green or brown the grass is on the other side.
My understanding was he was going there to play hoops. Thus the comment about when does he switch over.

We'll never really know, but with some of the injuries we've had at the position, I think he would have had a decent impact at this point. Bell, Wright, Durham, TJ, Carr, with a sprinkling of Anthrop and Thompson would have been a nice core group of pass catchers.

It is called grit. There are questionaires that Angela Duckworth at Penn has created to measure this. Can they have the recruits answer the questions before making an offer?

Pete Carroll is a big fan of Duckworth's work and has had her to visit with his team.

Lol M$U has to have the most delusional fan base. Your athletic department is constantly mired in controversy, yet you all have this holier-than-thou attitude. And I’m guessing you don’t even see the irony in you coming over to another school’s board to tell them they’re butthurt over another school.
The constant "M$U" posts suggest the self righteousnes lies with you.

nailed it. One of the most crybaby fan bases around. UM has done quite a number on them
Not representative, just a troll.

My experience here has been poor, but I honestly don't harbor ill will toward PU. I'd be pissed too if my school had the best - by far - basketball program in the state and was still given 3rd billing below IU and Butler in the Indy Star. Unreal. Similar to the Detroit rags bias toward an impotent UM football program, except the Star is worse, IMO. I hope Painter destroys the new coach. The Keady coaching tree is one of my favorites.

Good luck Saturday.

Not representative, just a troll.

My experience here has been poor, but I honestly don't harbor ill will toward PU. I'd be pissed too if my school had the best - by far - basketball program in the state and was still given 3rd billing below IU and Butler in the Indy Star. Unreal. Similar to the Detroit rags bias toward an impotent UM football program, except the Star is worse, IMO. I hope Painter destroys the new coach. The Keady coaching tree is one of my favorites.

Good luck Saturday.

Indy Star is a joke that’s for damn sure haha.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
How long can a newspaper ignore the obvious? IU hasn't done squat in years and is deluded about its place in college basketball while Painter just keeps churning out a good product every year.

Fair points. Still too many Knight disciples still in the state to ignore but the number continues to dwindle as time goes on.

Fair points. Still too many Knight disciples still in the state to ignore but the number continues to dwindle as time goes on.
Well, don't hold your breath. Bo Schembechler has been dead for years, no one can remember UM football's last conference title, and yet the Detroit rags are still what they are.

Reactions: Purdue85

"A truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it," Max Planck..

Reactions: coolrockt21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT