ADVERTISEMENT

The 2022 class is going to be true juniors next year

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
As of this moment I count 5-8 guys who will even be back next year. That class is going to hurt and it will be brohm’s fault. And he did quit recruiting.

You know how you know it isn’t Brohm’s fault? If any of those guys go do anything at another p5 school. Or even do big things at g5. Much like 21 and 20 though, you’ll probably get Maliq carr and then you know, Maliq carr

As of this moment I count 5-8 guys who will even be back next year. That class is going to hurt and it will be brohm’s fault. And he did quit recruiting.

You know how you know it isn’t Brohm’s fault? If any of those guys go do anything at another p5 school. Or even do big things at g5. Much like 21 and 20 though, you’ll probably get Maliq carr and then you know, Maliq carr
do you think Pitre sticks around? I always thought he'd be a player for us. Hopefully Strickland and Liston stick from that class

Last edited:
do you think Pitre sticks around? I always thought he'd be a player for us. Hopefully Strickland and Liston stick from that class
I think the for sure guys are Scourton, Klare, Omonode, steptoe and Liston who is technically 2022. That’s horrifically bad.

I think pitre and Jefferson go and maybe Strickland too.

Already crafting excuses for 2024

Reactions: Bippus33
That’s horrific win or lose. Your boy sucks
This is a developmental program. Always has been and will need to be to be successful. Just because a guy doesn’t contribute in 2 years doesn’t mean they never will.

With such a large outgoing group it’s not possible to replace all of that.

More losing seasons ahead…but we’ll continue to blame Brohm.

This is a developmental program. Always has been and will need to be to be successful. Just because a guy doesn’t contribute in 2 years doesn’t mean they never will.

With such a large outgoing group it’s not possible to replace all of that.

More losing seasons ahead…but we’ll continue to blame Brohm.
No.. I’m saying after this off-season we could go into 2024 with as few as FOUR guys from the 2022 class still at Purdue at all .. I like joe tiller but If that was true of one of his classes I’d call it out.

I liked Jeff brohm when he was here. I don’t like his fans who won’t give the news coach a chance because they think Jeff got fired when he quit

Reactions: z_one
No.. I’m saying after this off-season we could go into 2024 with as few as FOUR guys from the 2022 class still at Purdue at all .. I like joe tiller but If that was true of one of his classes I’d call it out.

I liked Jeff brohm when he was here. I don’t like his fans who won’t give the news coach a chance because they think Jeff got fired when he quit
All Purdue teams have holes. All Purdue teams have depth issues. In the NIL era, we’ll likely have an issue keeping good players too.

How do we combat that?

Good schemes that highlight players and that kids want to play in! Do we have that on offense? Hell no. Do we have that on Defense? I’d argue no as well.

I’ll ask you this Mr. pFF…if a lot of defensive players had better PFF rankings individually but we had a worse result with the overall defense…what does that suggest to you? It suggests to me we played a scheme that was bad and did t allow our players to flourish. That’s not on the players…that’s coaching. Of course I’ve made up my mind on their coach after a season. 12 games with no adjustment and little improvement on the scoreboard.

PFF stats matter not when you’re 4-8 and all your players are leaving!

Reactions: WarrenCoBoiler
All Purdue teams have holes. All Purdue teams have depth issues. In the NIL era, we’ll likely have an issue keeping good players too.

How do we combat that?

Good schemes that highlight players and that kids want to play in! Do we have that on offense? Hell no. Do we have that on Defense? I’d argue no as well.

I’ll ask you this Mr. pFF…if a lot of defensive players had better PFF rankings individually but we had a worse result with the overall defense…what does that suggest to you? It suggests to me we played a scheme that was bad and did t allow our players to flourish. That’s not on the players…that’s coaching. Of course I’ve made up my mind on their coach after a season. 12 games with no adjustment and little improvement on the scoreboard.

In case you forgot, Jeff Brohm was 4-8 once too, and followed that with a 2 win season. That was in year 3 and 4, with "his guys". Year 5 he won 9 games. Year 6 he won the West.

6 games in and you were already throwing in the towel.

You could be right, eventually. But maybe think about letting a couple seasons play out before vomiting your pompous negativity in nearly every single thread.

just lost another one

Reactions: pboiler18

How do we combat that?

You can’t excuse as few as 3 guys (steptoe gone too) being remaining from a class that came in 16 months ago. I don’t care who the coach is. Unless they all transfer p5 that’s awful

You can’t excuse as few as 3 guys (steptoe gone too) being remaining from a class that came in 16 months ago. I don’t care who the coach is. Unless they all transfer p5 that’s awful
Contributors are now leaving. What’s the excuse here?

Contributors are now leaving. What’s the excuse here?
Lmao he got a 29 per pff. Brohm recruited a bunch of corners who can’t even play g5. When they left and Wilson got hurt walters had to turn to freshmen. I guess Brandon Callaway couldn’t help

Lmao he got a 29 per pff. Brohm recruited a bunch of corners who can’t even play g5. When they left and Wilson got hurt walters had to turn to freshmen. I guess Brandon Callaway couldn’t help
Are you a bigger fan of a stats website or actual football? Very hard to tell

Are you a bigger fan of a stats website or actual football? Very hard to tell
You watched steptoe play and thought he was really good? Lol

On 247 summer school Minnesota’s video last summer.. the Minnesota guy said they lost all their depth to the portal. But Walters sucks for losing Deion Burks cause he is holding money for 5-6 key players, Burks not among them. Oh, and steptoe lmao.

Where do you think steptoe lands and what do you think he does there next year

In case you forgot, Jeff Brohm was 4-8 once too, and followed that with a 2 win season. That was in year 3 and 4, with "his guys". Year 5 he won 9 games. Year 6 he won the West.

6 games in and you were already throwing in the towel.

You could be right, eventually. But maybe think about letting a couple seasons play out before vomiting your pompous negativity in nearly every single thread

How do we combat that?

Lol were you saying the same thing when Brohm was 4-8 in year three? So 4-8 in year three is recoverable but 4-8 in year one means it's hopeless? Lol

Brohm had multiple losing seasons. Brohm had players enter the portal. You gave him time but for some reason refuse to give Walters any at all.

Then Walters should have no problem winning more than him.
In reality 2 less regular season wins in year one with a much harder schedule.

The issue I have with a lot of you guys who are brohm first second and third, and somewhere in there you actually care about Purdue.. is that the wins at the end of the tenure (and they did only occur at the end) didn’t mean program development at all.

3-6 guys? In Brohm’s last class that was 100% him. Seriously?

Have you seen the portal offers that came in yesterday? I think Sydnor got one from a school ive never heard of and oc brothers got a Charlotte offer. Woooo

Lol were you saying the same thing when Brohm was 4-8 in year three? So 4-8 in year three is recoverable but 4-8 in year one means it's hopeless? Lol

Brohm had multiple losing seasons. Brohm had players enter the portal. You gave him time but for some reason refuse to give Walters any at all.
You should have seen his ass after 3 of 4 losing seasons in preseason 2021. He acted like it was all about supporting Purdue. And if you weren’t on board you were just a negative maniac with no loyalty.

In 2-3 wins to close the year I’ve seen like two positive posts from him even about the players.

You should have seen his ass after 3 of 4 losing seasons in preseason 2021. He acted like it was all about supporting Purdue. And if you weren’t on board you were just a negative maniac with no loyalty.

In 2-3 wins to close the year I’ve seen like two positive posts from him even about the players.
Your obsession with me is quite comical. There were clear signs Brohm was turning the program around. A huge influx of talent and offenses and defense that were trending upward.

All you clowns forget that the 4-8 year Sindelar played 2.5 games and we lost our All American in game 4. Of course we are going to suffer when we lose 2/3 of our offensive production. For 2020, everybody forgets the Minnesota screw job and the fact that half the defense was out the last 3 games due to Covid.

It’s ok that you don’t know ball and only go off of what a website tells you to formulate your opinion. Just don’t go around puffing your chest out like you know anything as you’re Ofer in nailing just about anything when it comes to Purdue football!

Your obsession with me is quite comical. There were clear signs Brohm was turning the program around. A huge influx of talent and offenses and defense that were trending upward.

All you clowns forget that the 4-8 year Sindelar played 2.5 games and we lost our All American in game 4. Of course we are going to suffer when we lose 2/3 of our offensive production. For 2020, everybody forgets the Minnesota screw job and the fact that half the defense was out the last 3 games due to Covid.

It’s ok that you don’t know ball and only go off of what a website tells you to formulate your opinion. Just don’t go around puffing your chest out like you know anything as you’re Ofer in nailing just about anything when it comes to Purdue football!
You mean like taking over a program with NO quarterback at all? Stop making excuses for Brohm that you won't allow for Walters. Brohm doesn't need any. He is all cushy in Louisville, he doesn't need your pandering support. He's got all of the UL fans for that. At least he did until they lost at home against 6-5 Kentucky.

In reality 2 less regular season wins in year one with a much harder schedule.

The issue I have with a lot of you guys who are brohm first second and third, and somewhere in there you actually care about Purdue.. is that the wins at the end of the tenure (and they did only occur at the end) didn’t mean program development at all.

3-6 guys? In Brohm’s last class that was 100% him. Seriously?

Have you seen the portal offers that came in yesterday? I think Sydnor got one from a school ive never heard of and oc brothers got a Charlotte offer. Woooo
Again, if Brohm sucks, then Walters should have no problems winning more than him.

Which season will he begin to do that?

Reactions: pboiler18
Again, if Brohm sucks, then Walters should have no problems winning more than him.

Which season will he begin to do that?
All he has to do is win half of his games and throw in a bonus or two and he'll do as good as Brohm did.

Lmao it was gonna be average until a walk-on delivered by throw it deep inc began a 22 game rise to NFL rookie starter.

YOUR narrative is that “hey, that’s Brohm’s guy. (He couldn’t do Jack shit to develop his scholarship recruits at the position, but) he was painstakingly etching Oconnell into his magnum opus.”

And that sounds great.. you know, if he didn’t start plummer to start the year.

But by your definition… that means Walters gets the benefit of the doubt after starting 19-25 if some of us believe he’s turning a corner?

You just proved your irrational hypocrisy.

You're willing to make every excuse from Brohm in year 3 and 4, but you can't bring yourself to give Walters a few seasons to get his system in place? You didn't even last six games!

I bet you were pulling for IU to win so you could say "Walters can't win the bucket!" Well im sorry for you, and I'm doubly glad we won.

Lmao it was gonna be average until a walk-on delivered by throw it deep inc began a 22 game rise to NFL rookie starter.

YOUR narrative is that “hey, that’s Brohm’s guy. (He couldn’t do Jack shit to develop his scholarship recruits at the position, but) he was painstakingly etching Oconnell into his magnum opus.”

And that sounds great.. you know, if he didn’t start plummer to start the year.

But by your definition… that means Walters gets the benefit of the doubt after starting 19-25 if some of us believe he’s turning a corner?
Bro, he replied to your thread and claims you are the one with an "obsession". Lmao

Bro, he replied to your thread and claims you are the one with an "obsession". Lmao
I could post a thread

OLBs had a good season

Him “4-8, Jeff brohm rules. There’s no hope”

me “Walters didn’t prove he was good. How about we give him year two with his guys”

Him “you’re obsessed with me. You’re a maniac!! Do you see how much I insult you but you’re the one with the personal problems.”

Back in the day, every week we would be visited by opposing fans. They’d talk shit, we would talk shit, and then If they lost the good ones would take their medicine and not disappear. It was fun. Even the northwestern idiots.

I visited a couple forums this year and old boy followed me there, created a handle and would post things like “don’t listen to boilerD.”

I could post a thread

OLBs had a good season

Him “4-8, Jeff brohm rules. There’s no hope”

me “Walters didn’t prove he was good. How about we give him year two with his guys”

Him “you’re obsessed with me. You’re a maniac!! Do you see how much I insult you but you’re the one with the personal problems.”

Back in the day, every week we would be visited by opposing fans. They’d talk shit, we would talk shit, and then If they lost the good ones would take their medicine and not disappear. It was fun. Even the northwestern idiots.

I visited a couple forums this year and old boy followed me there, created a handle and would post things like “don’t listen to boilerD.”
Dude…

You’re the one to at goes on to other schools boards and talks shit and picks fights.

Sad you gotta do that here now.

You just proved your irrational hypocrisy.

You're willing to make every excuse from Brohm in year 3 and 4, but you can't bring yourself to give Walters a few seasons to get his system in place? You didn't even last six games!

I bet you were pulling for IU to win so you could say "Walters can't win the bucket!" Well im sorry for you, and I'm doubly glad we won.
These are legitimate excuses when you go and win 9 and 8 games the next years.

Brohms schemes got the best out of his players.

Walters schemes don’t. That’s it. That’s the point.

Dude…

You’re the one to at goes on to other schools boards and talks shit and picks fights.

Sad you gotta do that here now.
Dude … when you were a little kid every other fan base did that here. At the end of the week we’d make up. It was never that serious.

You’re the one who followed me there the then claims I’m obsessed with you.

If you never reply to another posts of mine I don’t give a **** man

The players this year aren’t HIS players. There is no right scheme for oc brothers dude. There wasn’t at auburn, there wasn’t under brohm, there isn’t under Walters and there won’t be when he goes to friggin Charlotte

The players this year aren’t HIS players. There is no right scheme for oc brothers dude. There wasn’t at auburn, there wasn’t under brohm, there isn’t under Walters and there won’t be when he goes to friggin Charlotte
I don’t think Brothers is a good player. I don’t know what you’re trying to argue.

Recruiting class rankings mean less and less everyday with the portal.

I don’t think Brothers is a good player. I don’t know what you’re trying to argue.

Recruiting class rankings mean less and less everyday with the portal.
That when youre left with brothers, karlaftis and Washington, there is no right scheme. When has there ever been? For any of them? You think karlaftis or Washington were good under brohm? No.

We

Won’t

Know

Until

Next

Year

So if Walters wins 8-9 games in year 5 and 6, you'll forgive year 1. Check.

Brohm changed his DC and defensive schemes 2 times. He hired Diaco FFS. So you'll give Walters 3 Coordinator hires too then. Check.

Walters deserves the time you gave Brohm. That's the point.

Reactions: tbird2017 and z_one
Brohm went to 2 bowls in his first 4 years. Since Brohm sucks, surely Walters can do at least that well. Right ?
Brohms schedules were significantly easier than what Walters will face. Do you think the 2007 or 2011 boilers even win 5 games next year? Both went bowling.

Brohm’s first bowl team lost to 4-8 Rutgers and 4-8 Nebraska.

I think Walters can win 5 games next year. That would not be matched by the 2017 or 2018 teams. If he only wins 3 his seat will be scorching hot.

My take isn’t brohm sucks and Walters is very good.

Brohm let player development slip hard and was really kinda eh his first four years on the field. We won’t know what Walters is until he gets his own guys.

The defensive progress this year was undeniable. Harrell sucked, but brohm hired Bob Diaco so let’s see

Lets just get this straight....Brohm was a very good coach. The best coach we've had since Tiller. He got the best out of his players. He developed walkons to become NFL draftees. It's undeniable.

The point is, even Brohm as good as he was, still had down seasons, still had bad hires. He even lost the Bucket game. Walters deserves the same time Brohm had to get his system in place. That is all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT