ADVERTISEMENT

The 2022 class is going to be true juniors next year

Brohm went to 2 bowls in his first 4 years. Since Brohm sucks, surely Walters can do at least that well. Right ?

Brohms schedules were significantly easier than what Walters will face. Do you think the 2007 or 2011 boilers even win 5 games next year? Both went bowling.

Brohm’s first bowl team lost to 4-8 Rutgers and 4-8 Nebraska.

I think Walters can win 5 games next year. That would not be matched by the 2017 or 2018 teams. If he only wins 3 his seat will be scorching hot.

My take isn’t brohm sucks and Walters is very good.

Brohm let player development slip hard and was really kinda eh his first four years on the field. We won’t know what Walters is until he gets his own guys.

The defensive progress this year was undeniable. Harrell sucked, but brohm hired Bob Diaco so let’s see
So Brohm sucks and Walters won’t even do as well as he did. Got it.

Reactions: Bippus33
So Brohm sucks and Walters won’t even do as well as he did. Got it.
We don’t know. Brohm sucked in terms of being 19-25 after 4 seasons and at program development. He went 6-6 twice with easy schedules. Bfd.

As for Walters we will know more next year

Brohm had a winning record at Purdue. When will Walters have that ?
Give him four years. That’s how long it took brohm after year one .. four more years.

Hey so really quick .. are you saying it isn’t horrendous to have 3-6 guys left on a class brohm recruited two years ago?

Give him four years. That’s how long it took brohm after year one .. four more years.

Hey so really quick .. are you saying it isn’t horrendous to have 3-6 guys left on a class brohm recruited two years ago?
So when will Walters start having these winning seasons so he’ll have an overall winning record after year five?

Your obsession with me is quite comical. There were clear signs Brohm was turning the program around. A huge influx of talent and offenses and defense that were trending upward.

All you clowns forget that the 4-8 year Sindelar played 2.5 games and we lost our All American in game 4. Of course we are going to suffer when we lose 2/3 of our offensive production. For 2020, everybody forgets the Minnesota screw job and the fact that half the defense was out the last 3 games due to Covid.

It’s ok that you don’t know ball and only go off of what a website tells you to formulate your opinion. Just don’t go around puffing your chest out like you know anything as you’re Ofer in nailing just about anything when it comes to Purdue football!
Is this the same guy pissed because we barely lost after losing Card for a game with a no excuses mentality? Lol

Brohm went to 2 bowls in his first 4 years. Since Brohm sucks, surely Walters can do at least that well. Right ?
No one said Brohm sucks lol what folks said is EVEN Brohm could only get two winning seasons his first four years here and EVEN Brohm had a four win season here and that's AFTER he had several years here with his system and all his players.

So maybe wait a couple of seasons before throwing in the towel.

Reactions: tbird2017 and z_one
No one said Brohm sucks lol what folks said is EVEN Brohm could only get two winning seasons his first four years here and EVEN Brohm had a four win season here and that's AFTER he had several years here with his system and all his players.

So maybe wait a couple of seasons before throwing in the towel.
I think he sucked at player personnel his last 3 years. His wins on the field didn’t mean Walters was left with a good roster

Reactions: z_one and krf3632
So… again….when will Walters start having these winning seasons so he’ll have an overall winning record after year five?
We don’t know. What are you f-ing stupid? I haven’t said Walters will be good. I’ve said let’s wait and see in year two. He’s proven nothing. Either way

Lets just get this straight....Brohm was a very good coach. The best coach we've had since Tiller. He got the best out of his players. He developed walkons to become NFL draftees. It's undeniable.

The point is, even Brohm as good as he was, still had down seasons, still had bad hires. He even lost the Bucket game. Walters deserves the same time Brohm had to get his system in place. That is all.
it's going to be a tough and unfair comparison between coaches when you consider that the BIG10 will be getting tougher

Reactions: NVboiler and z_one
it's going to be a tough and unfair comparison between coaches when you consider that the BIG10 will be getting tougher
This is so true. The big ten was cake to get 6 wins in when I first followed Purdue compared to now. Joe tiller played some pretty easy schedules

Tiller was 8-4 in 98
6-0 against non bowl teams
2-4 against bowl teams

Of course. Throw in Covid, NIL and Portal, HC experience...it's hard to compare the two. Walters isn't making Brohm level money so you can't compare that either.

All we can really measure with any sense of equity is wins over time.

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18 and z_one
Of course. Throw in Covid, NIL and Portal, HC experience...it's hard to compare the two. Walters isn't making Brohm level money so you can't compare that either.

All we can really measure with any sense of equity is wins over time.
I sat in RA and watched our defense be completely unprepared for mediocre Syracuse and Wisconsin teams.

But yeah portal, schedule, NIL, etc etc etc,

I sat in RA and watched our defense be completely unprepared for mediocre Syracuse and Wisconsin teams.

But yeah portal, schedule, NIL, etc etc etc,
Brohm blew games against Syracuse and Wisconsin too. Lol.

Come on. You're not even rational.

But whatever. I get it. You're prejudiced against Walters for going 4-8 in year 1 even though Brohm also went 4-8 in year 3. Because blah blah blah.

Wonderful.

Go to the store and buy yourself an ice cream as a reward for making your position known.

Reactions: z_one

But whatever. I get it. You're prejudiced against Walters for going 4-8 in year 1 even though Brohm also went 4-8 in year 3. Because blah blah blah.

Wonderful.

Go to the store and buy yourself an ice cream as a reward for making your position known.
When will you stop blaming Brohm for losing seasons ?

Wonderful.

What’s this? It’s like people think it never happened lol

When will you stop blaming Brohm for losing seasons ?

Hey, did you know that when eastern Michigan beat us, not only was that QB Tyler Wiegers career high in passing yards, but it took him FOUR GAMES to pass for more yards than he did in that game.

Tyler wiegers averaged 120 passing yards per game in the 19 games he appeared in. He got 312 against us!

Here are his next four games, all losses:

Buffalo 64 yards
San Diego state 83 yards
Northern Illinois 180 yards
Western Michigan 51 yards

When did I blame him for that? I just called him the best coach we've had since Tiller.

When will you learn to read?
You’re trying to be reasonable. The only way to get them to stop their negative onslaught about the program is to agree that Jeff brohm is Jack mollenkopf and that it is already decided that no good things will happen under Walters.

You’re trying to be reasonable. The only way to get them to stop their negative onslaught about the program is to agree that Jeff brohm is Jack mollenkopf and that it is already decided that no good things will happen under Walters.
I love Jeff Brohm. I wish he was still our coach.

But the endless Walters bashing because his year 1 isn't as good as Jeff Brohm's 6 year highlight reel is disingenuous and lazy.

Reactions: PaBoiler78
I love Jeff Brohm. I wish he was still our coach.

But the endless Walters bashing because his year 1 isn't as good as Jeff Brohm's 6 year highlight reel is disingenuous and lazy.
I don’t love Jeff brohm and I don’t wish he was still our head coach in light of the lack of recruiting since 2019.

BUT I’m fine with those who disagree with me on that IF they just give the program a chance. Walters needs to deliver next year but he should get next year to get 5+ wins

Hey, did you know that when eastern Michigan beat us, not only was that QB Tyler Wiegers career high in passing yards, but it took him FOUR GAMES to pass for more yards than he did in that game.

Tyler wiegers averaged 120 passing yards per game in the 19 games he appeared in. He got 312 against us!

Here are his next four games, all losses:

Buffalo 64 yards
San Diego state 83 yards
Northern Illinois 180 yards
Western Michigan 51 yards
forgot we had a 31 - 14 lead in that game, still think #2 made an INT on that pass in the EZ

Reactions: pboiler18
Only blame him for the one's he lost. 37-35 for crying out loud, Pin a medal on him.
Please. All of y’all are blaming Brohm’s recruiting for Walters’s performance this year. Just wondering how much longer you’re gonna do that.

Please. All of y’all are blaming Brohm’s recruiting for Walters’s performance this year. Just wondering how much longer you’re gonna do that.
Hell, you never even gave Walters a chance. And let's stop pretending that Brohm left Walters with a loaded team. That is pure BS and everyone including Jeff Brohm knows it. Brohm would have been lucky to go 6-6 with this "team" and he knew it. He couldn't wait to blow town and left his dimwitted bro to blow the bowl game for us. What a total travesty and black eye for our University! That bowl game was a total shitshow. Anyone making excuses for Brohm after the way he left things for Purdue ought go crawl in a hole in shame.

Last edited:
why shouldn’t we blame Walters for his record?
Who isn't? Just because you and PB ignore Brohm's failings and think he was a recruiting god doesn't mean that everyone else looks the other way on Walters or anyone else. You guys are the Brohm asskissers. The rest of us are realists.

Who isn't? Just because you and PB ignore Brohm's failings and think he was a recruiting god doesn't mean that everyone else looks the other way on Walters or anyone else. You guys are the Brohm asskissers. The rest of us are realists.
This whole thread is dedicated to blaming Brohm for Walters going 4-8 this year.

This whole thread is dedicated to blaming Brohm for Walters going 4-8 this year.
Who cares? Brohm is gone. He doesn't give any of us a second thought. He does deserve some of the blame. Why wouldn't he? You posters that think he left everything in great shape are delusional. But I think it's time to let Jeff go. He gone.

Who cares? Brohm is gone. He doesn't give any of us a second thought. He does deserve some of the blame. Why wouldn't he? You posters that think he left everything in great shape are delusional. But I think it's time to let Jeff go. He gone.
Then answer the question…who’s fault is it next year and the year after when we still don’t have the talent to run this D and the offense isn’t better?

Then answer the question…who’s fault is it next year and the year after when we still don’t have the talent to run this D and the offense isn’t better?
Who's fault was it when Brohm went 4-8 in year 3 with an easier schedule? And worse the year after? Did you raise hell about that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT