ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Sheffield enters transfer portal

That is not a good omen for Purdue. Your best receiver wants out during he season. Get ready for many more to move on. How do you pull out of the air raid offense if you are a receiver !! Coaching ?? Wants to win

That is not a good omen for Purdue. Your best receiver wants out during he season. Get ready for many more to move on. How do you pull out of the air raid offense if you are a receiver !! Coaching ?? Wants to win
Don't view him as the best receiver, but he is a very good one. Sorry to see him leave, but good luck to him.

Would have been better for the team if he had simply waited until Sunday.

Burks is our best statistically this season. Regardless, every team loses players. Yeah he probably wants to move to a team that can win 9-10 games and thinks he has the talent to get a spot on one. Hope he finds it.

Portal means you lose good players. It also means you gain them.

Burks is our best statistically this season. Regardless, every team loses players. Yeah he probably wants to move to a team that can win 9-10 games and thinks he has the talent to get a spot on one. Hope he finds it.

Portal means you lose good players. It also means you gain them.
Agree, and Burks always draws the toughest defender(s).

Reactions: z_one
Not really surprised. This is not the passing offense he signed up for.
You think Sheffield ever progressed? I’m still waiting for him to be the guy who shows me much more than the production that made sense when he was splitting time with Jackson Anthrop.

Sheffield really set the world on fire last year. He left players like Jared sparks, at Simpson and Donald Winston in the rear view lol

Lmao. Dude had 325 yards in 2021. I was like “okay, he splits time with anthrop.” With all of Anthrops reps he raised that to a scorching 480 yards.

He has 1209 yards in 4 years. Keith smith had 1100 yards in one season

Lmao. Dude had 325 yards in 2021. I was like “okay, he splits time with anthrop.” With all of Anthrops reps he raised that to a scorching 480 yards.

He has made some big catches along the way, and I don't recall any fumbles on punt returns (which is all I ever hope for on Purdue punt returns).

Sour grapes!

Dude is a good player. Good not great and has been productive for us. He’s replaceable for sure…but will we? Not with this offensive staff!

I’d love to say this was shocking…but if I could go somewhere they were actually going to throw the ball to me I’d go too.

I liked Shef. I think he has really good hands. I'm not sure why he wasn't more productive this year. Couldn't get open? Card couldn't find him?

Anyway, he's played 4 seasons. I dont think you can ask for more really.

Sour grapes!

Dude is a good player. Good not great and has been productive for us. He’s replaceable for sure…but will we? Not with this offensive staff!

I’d love to say this was shocking…but if I could go somewhere they were actually going to throw the ball to me I’d go too.
So if the slot receiver next year gets more than 480, I can count on a retraction from you right?

He has made some big catches along the way, and I don't recall any fumbles on punt returns (which is all I ever hope for on Purdue punt returns).
He doesn’t suck, but I wouldn’t say he had an especially good career with brohm or Walters

You think Sheffield ever progressed? I’m still waiting for him to be the guy who shows me much more than the production that made sense when he was splitting time with Jackson Anthrop.

Sheffield really set the world on fire last year. He left players like Jared sparks, at Simpson and Donald Winston in the rear view lol
I think if Sheffield wants to catch the ball a lot he might want to look elsewhere. I have no idea if he or any wr progressed this year because our passing game looks terrible.

Reactions: pboiler18
I would agree with an above statement. he could have and should have waited until Sunday to make his announcement. this kind of sets a sour tone for our last game. I would think a senior would know better than to make this announcement before the game. he gains nothing by making his announcement today other than headlines.

Last edited:
I think if Sheffield wants to catch the ball a lot he might want to look elsewhere. I have no idea if he or any wr progressed this year because our passing game looks terrible.
I’m just saying his career high is 480. If it was Greg Orton fine. It’s far from that

I’m just saying his career high is 480. If it was Greg Orton fine. It’s far from that
Yeah you’re right. I doubt he is something special. But he probably expected double the targets this year because he has been on teams with pretty special wrs who got most of the targets. I am sure this year has been disappointing to him and I understand why he would want to give it a shot somewhere else for his last year.

Fwiw, read he got his Purdue degree. He'll actually be a grad transfer. I dont really see this as bailing on the coaching staff, team, or anything really. You already have your degree, which is a big reason why you'd come to Purdue in the first place. He gave us 5 years. If covid didnt happen were not even discussing this.

See what else is out there for you young man. I wish him well.

I wish him well. His timing is terrible. announcing before the big gAme? The season wasn’t over and neither is the semester. I wonder if he’ll play. I wonder if he even cares!!

Yaseen has stayed the same, missed games to yearly injury

Reactions: pboiler18
I wish him well. His timing is terrible. announcing before the big gAme? The season wasn’t over and neither is the semester. I wonder if he’ll play. I wonder if he even cares!!
The timing does seem strange. He seems to have said the right things on the way out the door, but I have to wonder why now? Why not help your teammates beat Indiana and go out on a high note? Was there locker room drama, or dud smething happen between him and the coaches?

Reactions: SKYDOG
The timing does seem strange. He seems to have said the right things on the way out the door, but I have to wonder why now? Why not help your teammates beat Indiana and go out on a high note? Was there locker room drama, or dud smething happen between him and the coaches?
so, he's not playing in the game?

We don’t know if he’s playing or not. But the timing of his announcement before the game is bad. It sends the wrong message to potential recruits attending the game!

Reactions: NVboiler
So Sheffield is officially out for the game today. What a weird move to just quit before the season ending rivalry game.

I wish they’d play Tibbs outside and get Burks in the slot but I’m sure it will just be Sowinski taking all of the snaps vacated by Sheffield

So Sheffield is officially out for the game today. What a weird move to just quit before the season ending rivalry game.

I wish they’d play Tibbs outside and get Burks in the slot but I’m sure it will just be Sowinski taking all of the snaps vacated by Sheffield
Well never mind, Sowinski also out. So are they gonna do what I would or will they just say Branch is next man up?

must have been something personal for him to do that to the team

must have been something personal for him to do that to the team
Totally agree! I felt the timing of his announcement this week after spending 5 years at Purdue and not playing in the biggest and final game of your career at home was rather odd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT