ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Peter's v. Purdue Game Thread (NCAA Tournament - East Regional Semi-Final)

Credit Saint Peters - they hung tough and deserved to win, but I also have to say - they didn't play THAT well. Incredibly poor game from a poise standpoint.....and some really poor possessions with the lead that ultimately cost the Boilers.

Matt Painter does have to fix a few things - more help on the way - this is hopefully a stepping stone. That's through Black and Old Gold glasses, admittedly.

Hate for Jaden Ivey to go out that way. He'll probably be the first to admit it - wasn't his best tonight, unfortunately.

Oh well - on to next year.

Being a Purdue sports fan is one of the most difficult things in the world.
We're the Cubs of the Big Ten. It's just ridiculous to lose this game with everything falling the way it did in the tournament.

This team was incredible and incredibly frustrating all at the same time. I'll miss Williams - he really played well throughout the tournament.

We will be forever the first team to allow a 15 seed into the elite 8. Two legit NBA players and we can’t get past a 15 seed. PATHETIC! And I’m not putting this on the players. This is classic Painter just letting the game get away from him as a spectator. He’s strategically insulated himself with 2 coordinators so don’t expect the heart break to end anytime soon.

Painter got out coached and we see this often. Great season coach and horrible tournament coach. Can't move that needle. He never lands a good PG and we turn the ball over. Typical Painter
This was all on Painter. If Ivey plays like dog shit, you pull him from the game.

He has a week to prepare for this, and this is the horseshit that we do??

We will be forever the first team to allow a 15 seed into the elite 8. Two legit NBA players and we can’t get past a 15 seed. PATHETIC! And I’m not putting this on the players. This is classic Painter just letting the game get away from him as a spectator. He’s strategically insulated himself with 2 coordinators so don’t expect the heart break to end anytime soon.
Painter about to start flirting with San Francisco to get an extension

Again.. Painter isn't the one on the court turning the ball over.
But let me see, Purdue teams under Painter have consistently down this …. What’s the common denominator? He let this game get away in the first 5 min of the second half which a good coach never would allow to happen. THIS WILL BE OUR CEILING!!!

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin and BSIT
But let me see, Purdue teams under Painter have consistently down this …. What’s the common denominator? He let this game get away in the first 5 min of the second half which a good coach never would allow to happen. THIS WILL BE OUR CEILING!!!
Because he starts guys that have not played well in a month. He lost this game!

Reactions: Poprudy
Could be worse. At least we’re not Virginia (first 16 to get beat by a 1). And Virginia did win the tourney the following year…

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Where ya'll Ivey fan bois at now?!!?!?

I hope he never plays another minute of basketball in a Purdue jersey. Only thing he got from his mom was the ND arrogance.

Under CMP Purdue has had too many games to count now where they looked exactly like tonight. Deer in headlights. This is nothing new and also why quite a few in here knew from about 5 minutes left in the first half they were going to lose... It's a pattern and it doesn't matter who is playing. A pattern developed over 17 years means its not the players but the coach... If people can't understand that then fine. Be happy with sweet 16 ceilings and maybe 1 or 2 more B1G championships in the next 20 years... If that's your happy place more power to you, but I believe the rich history of Purdue basketball can accomplish and deserves more...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT