ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Rutgers Game Thread

Instead of being focused on the bad officiating, we may want to reflect on what has truly caused this team to be 0-5 on the road.
no doubt, but to say the officiating didn't frustrate an already frustrated PU team is just wrong...…..and that game got close too

Reactions: DAG10
Believe what you want. This team just frustrates the hell out of me, and I don’t see it getting much better next year (Ivey is our only chance).
Joined in November, over 400 comments, only talks down on everything Purdue, yeah you’re right I have no reason to question you.

Just waiting for a Mooooo.

no doubt, but to say the officiating didn't frustrate an already frustrated PU team is just wrong...…..and that game got close too

Not arguing that at all. Officiating wasn't good. But this team continues to dig itself a hole on the road, and then officiating gets in the way when we shouldn't put ourselves in that position.

Reactions: DAG10
Joined in November, over 400 comments, only talks down on everything Purdue, yeah you’re right I have no reason to question you.

Just waiting for a Mooooo.
Only talk down on Purdue? Maybe it seems that way since it’s been a sh*t year. The is really only 1 player I’m constantly down on.

it was bad......I'm sure we will see worse, unfortunately
Come on man. We got beat by a better team, who got a bit of a home court advantage. Like we have many times. I’m amazed at some of the stuff we get away with defensively at Mackey.

Career 7 pts 4 assists. I definitely think Morton will average better than that throughout his career, but I don’t think it will be his Freshman year.
Didn’t watch him play eh?

It's literally the design of circuits and computer hardware...

I'm a mechanical engineer, so don't ask me specifics beyond that.
Then why don’t they just call it Electrical.

Didn’t watch him play eh?
I did. He was a role player with GREAT players around him. I also think Morton will be a difference maker down the road (if he develops a jumpshot). I just don’t think Morton will be a difference maker next year, and that’s what we need. I’m hoping it’s Ivey.

I did. He was a role player with GREAT players around him. I also think Morton will be a difference maker down the road (if he develops a jumpshot). I just don’t think Morton will be a difference maker next year, and that’s what we need. I’m hoping it’s Ivey.
I think Morton is going to be a pass first guy who allows our current players to be better scorers. We never put our guys in good positions with the ball.

This team is very bad on the road and pretty much played themselves out of the game with poor shooting and turnovers in the first half.

The officiating was bad.

Both can be true.

I think Morton is going to be a pass first guy who allows our current players to be better scorers. We never put our guys in good positions with the ball.
And as I’ve stated in previous Morton threads, I believe he will be able to do that if the offense changes to allow him to be ball dominant. I’m not confident we are going to change the offense enough for him to be effective. I could very well be wrong, but I’m picturing his offense looking like Nojel. Just doesn’t necessarily fit the motion offense.

Reactions: Boiler8285
And as I’ve stated in previous Morton threads, I believe he will be able to do that if the offense changes to allow him to be ball dominant. I’m not confident we are going to change the offense enough for him to be effective. I could very well be wrong, but I’m picturing his offense looking like Nojel. Just doesn’t necessarily fit the motion offense.
LOL.

I worry our motion offense will take away from Morton's play-making ability. Painter has never really embraced a true point guard position role with one guy as a floor general distributing the ball.

I also worry Morton will decide to redshirt and he'll announce at the beginning of the year it's due to a potential lack of playing time with Sasha, Eastern, Hunter, It , Ivey, and Newman all in front of him. redshirting has worked wonders for Haarms, Sasha, Dow and Wheeler.

I'm very concerned that next year Painter will elect to start experience over talent, and our backcourt will once again be Sasha, Hunter and Eastern with IT backing them up.

or painter will be like this year and keep toying with the line-up until the end of the BIG 10 season. is Proctor going to start next game? Sure.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Again what the is it. Is that like RHIT?

I did I just took real Engineering

Maybe ask the Dean of Engineering. That's not me...

Likely an oversimplification, but from my understanding Electrical Engineering is a broader discipline covering electrical circuits (design and implementation among other items) in a myriad of electronic devices and systems. Computer Engineering would be a more specialized discipline using some EE principles focused on computer systems - hardware and software.

Regardless of the choice, you'd be getting a fabulous education in either program @ Purdue University.

Boiler up, my friends.

Engineering talk...GD amazing...Your wives must like watching paint dry!!

RU fan here. Great game last night. When we went up 17, I thought we’d win going away. But your team has a lot of grit and plays great defense. One thing I think is that Haarms needs to eat a few cheeseburgers and bulk up in the weight room. I didn’t realize he’s 7’3”, so that might be tough to accomplish.

Reactions: BaseballFan913
RU fan here. Great game last night. When we went up 17, I thought we’d win going away. But your team has a lot of grit and plays great defense. One thing I think is that Haarms needs to eat a few cheeseburgers and bulk up in the weight room. I didn’t realize he’s 7’3”, so that might be tough to accomplish.
He’s been here eating training table and lifting for 3 years...I think he is what he is at this point.

But - nice team and good luck in the NCAA. Always root for teams that play hard and together.

Ditto here from another RU fan. Thought you guys made some great adjustments in the second half and just dominated is on the boards. Defense was good also. Post game our radio guys said we went six + minutes without a field goal - of course it helped that we got a couple of trips to the line. Williams was a beast. Not impressed with Haarms though - seems like a bit of a whiner. Think some of your posters overtly harsh on your coach and team. No way did they play “soft” in the second half.
Anyway I’ve enjoyed visiting your board and hope you don’t get a bad feeling about RU fans from the one knucklehead who was extremely rude guest here. Hope you guys do well the rest of the way and maybe we meet again in the BTT

Reactions: Level 42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT