ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

DrEss

All-American
Aug 25, 2001
Anyone else concerned about tomorrow’s game? Rutgers has won 4 out of their last 5 and with Jeremiah Williams, they seem to have a renewed spark. Our Boilers will certainly be looking at getting back in the W column in a big way at home. You know Rutgers will make it tough on Zach. If the game is close and our 3’s are not falling, the Boilers might start to get tight, feeling the crowd getting uneasy. Be nice to get a nice lead early and expand on it, breaking this mini slump in a big way.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to see a 23-3 Purdue team in Mackey after a loss.

Yes, it's a tough matchup and they are playing well, but this comes at a bad time for them just like playing at OSU after they fired Holtman wasn't great for Purdue.

I think Purdue wins comfortably. We'll see....

Yes, it's a tough matchup and they are playing well, but this comes at a bad time for them just like playing at OSU after they fired Holtman wasn't great for Purdue.

Agreed. Purdue wins comfortably.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
You can check my previous posts… I am always the pessimist. 😂 But I think we win this one.

Rip us all you want on what has happened in March, but I know one thing for sure… you don’t want to face a Purdue team coming off of a loss.

Rutger 73
Purdue 81

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Anyone else concerned about tomorrow’s game? Rutgers has won 4 out of their last 5 and with Jeremiah Williams, they seem to have a renewed spark. Our Boilers will certainly be looking at getting back in the W column in a big way at home. You know Rutgers will make it tough on Zach. If the game is close and our 3’s are not falling, the Boilers might start to get tight, feeling the crowd getting uneasy. Be nice to get a nice lead early and expand on it, breaking this mini slump in a big way.
Purdue is the better team and it will take a bad game to lose because Purdue will be focused

You can check my previous posts… I am always the pessimist. 😂 But I think we win this one.

Rip us all you want on what has happened in March, but I know one thing for sure… you don’t want to face a Purdue team coming off of a loss.

Rutger 73
Purdue 81
You don’t want to be the 16 seed inPurdues bracket either. This team just needs to play on the edge and fight against comfort

We have bounced back nicely this year after losses and I don’t see why this would be any different. Especially with the Illinois loss.
If we come out flat and don’t play well, I’ll be a bit concerned.

Rutgers is a good defense don’t forget but I wonder how they’ll call it tomorrow.

Another good test for the team and hopefully they show they are different from last years team.

I mean no? If we lose real alarm bells will ring, but it's a home game and we have been pretty good at home for the last two years.

Also, Illinois losing gives us more leeway and probably loosens things up and takes some pressure off.

I do think we will see a similar pattern of an early explosion, then a lull but I think worst case is probably more Minnesota than OSU.

Then again I thought we'd handle OSU easily so what do I know?

Yes. That is all.

Going to be an interesting game. Rutgers is an elite defensive team but horrible offensively. Starts broken record - ball control is huge and controlling the boards. We can’t have those stretches like we did against Minnesota and Ohio State where we are dribbling a lot and not creating.

I expect Rutgers to hang around but ultimately we will win because they get into foul trouble and honestly think refs will call it tight.

I mean no? If we lose real alarm bells will ring, but it's a home game and we have been pretty good at home for the last two years.

Also, Illinois losing gives us more leeway and probably loosens things up and takes some pressure off.

I do think we will see a similar pattern of an early explosion, then a lull but I think worst case is probably more Minnesota than OSU.

Then again I thought we'd handle OSU easily so what do I know?
When that ball is poorly tossed the game takes on a life of its own. Any good defensive team will be a bit physical and can make any game look not very pretty. Still, a good offensive team that does get out in front and takes care of the ball makes it hard for the D team to get back in it.

Nobody has any idea how anyone will shoot or how open shooters get due to a variety of things. We just know that with Zach able to be on the court Purdue has a pretty effective weapon that has typically really good games to great games. Outside of teams going to that magic offensive level behind the arc, Purdue's issues having to do with being casual with the ball and not focused for 40.

Rutgers has our number & we are not looking like the same team we were in November. Hope I'm wrong, but I think this game is a struggle.

Rutgers has our number & we are not looking like the same team we were in November. Hope I'm wrong, but I think this game is a struggle.
Has our number? I guess the last 10 have been split. But overall, we are 11-5 vs them and we have a pretty good home record. I like our chances. More than anything, I want to see that we are playing good basketball. Last game was the first time for a bit we didn’t shoot the 3 well and it was more so because we took 9 total. I’m sure there will be a different scheme so let’s see what happens.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
didn't it start at 17?
Not that I see. CBS app shows it opened at -16. I unfortunately don't see the opening line on my site so it's whenever I first look at it which was 6:30am. Probably came out last night around 8pm so it may have been higher.

Has our number? I guess the last 10 have been split. But overall, we are 11-5 vs them and we have a pretty good home record. I like our chances. More than anything, I want to see that we are playing good basketball. Last game was the first time for a bit we didn’t shoot the 3 well and it was more so because we took 9 total. I’m sure there will be a different scheme so let’s see what happens.
We've lost 5 of the last 7 times we've played them in regular season conference games, 2 of which loses were in Mackey

Definately a concern.

I'm hammering Rutgers with the points, although I'm going to tease it to +21 a bit to be safe.

Also sprinkling some $$ on Rutgers ML.

I think Purdue wins, but I'll be very excited if Purdue wins by more than 15.

I'm a little nervous, but I have faith in this team. I hope Purdue takes care of the ball and makes a strong defensive statement. Would be nice to see Fletch get going as well.

Not that I see. CBS app shows it opened at -16. I unfortunately don't see the opening line on my site so it's whenever I first look at it which was 6:30am. Probably came out last night around 8pm so it may have been higher.
yesterday on the TKR board someone posted it opened at 16.5, I just rounded it off to 17 which is still kind of high to me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT