ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Miami (ACC/Big Ten Challenge) Game Thread

As I said last game.....Wheeler putting up a typical wheeler Statline....And Sasha doesn't need those kinda minutes on the road.....Game after game after road game he looks lost....He is a Jr. If he can't figure out how to play on the road, take his minutes

Reactions: DAG10
As I said last game.....Wheeler putting up a typical wheeler Statline....And Sasha doesn't need those kinda minutes on the road.....Game after game after road game he looks lost....He is a Jr. If he can't figure out how to play on the road, take his minutes
That's the problem.... he keeps playing a player that consistently makes mistakes. Change the game and adjust to what the game or how the game is being played.

Newman’s fifth, was complete bull shit. That was an offensive foul. The refs are f’ing us.
His 4th was equally bad...

That said, Purdue was its own worst enemy and literally gave that game away. That is a bad Miami team...and Purdue blew multiple big leads...Purdue was incredibly bad at both ends and on the sideline for the duration of the second half today...just awful.

That is not a fair excuse even...there was a lot of really bad basketball, at both ends...and, bad coaching in that it was allowed for the course of an entire 20 minutes. It has nothing at all to do with youth...a lack of leadership and just really bad basketball.

I hear you too....wasn't meant to be an excuse.....they don't know how to close out games....make some poor decisions.....hopefully they will learn from this. I thought EH and TW would settle things down when the game got close.....that was disappointing, too. I was also hoping CMP would take a TO earlier. Maddening for sure.

Lots to learn here. Young team relaxed. Painter should have called a TO when Miami started making their run and the wrong guys kept jacking 3s and wasting possessions. Really disappointing loss that could bite bite on selection Sunday if this team is fortunate enough to be on the bubble.

Reactions: purduepat1969
What a bunch of whiney little know nothing babies. Seriously all of you so called fans on here crying and pretending that you somehow know better need to STFU. Seriously YOU are the embarrassing thing on here and why no one comes to this site hardly anymore.

Nothing but a bunch of little bitches.

I cannot believe they just lost this game.
It was more difficult to actually lose that game that to win it almost...like Purdue had to work harder to lose the game than to win it! That is just crazy...to think of ALL of the things that they did wrong, and some of the puzzling coaching (or lack thereof)...nothing short of crazy.

Reactions: DrEss
Then don't watch if it bothers you so much. Good God.

I probably my won’t have to. I’ll just see us trending on Twitter for melting down the last ten minutes of the game. If you aren’t concerned and pissed at the frequency of these types of games, I’d like whatever drink you are having.

I probably my won’t have to. I’ll just see us trending on Twitter for melting down the last ten minutes of the game. If you aren’t concerned and pissed at the frequency of these types of games, I’d like whatever drink you are having.
It's called perspective that a "game" is not nearly that important and this is one of many yet to go. In a few days, this will be a thing of the past.

Reactions: HarrysPostGame13
And then the officiating literally changed in the second half. They most certainly had an impact.
They did...for sure...a fairly significant one for that matter, but, some of that is on Painter for allowing it and not standing up to it...no excuse for a couple of calls that were made

Reactions: KentuckyBoiler
Guy from Columbus Indiana was 6'10" I think. Can't recall his name right now

DJ Carstensen is a 6' 8" Big Ten official.

636560628704607372-ref11-2.jpg

Reactions: Schnelk
What a bunch of whiney little know nothing babies. Seriously all of you so called fans on here crying and pretending that you somehow know better need to STFU. Seriously YOU are the embarrassing thing on here and why no one comes to this site hardly anymore.

Let me get this straight. You believe this isn't his product on the floor? His coaching? He had a 20 point lead and couldn't get his players to finish a 2nd half without a few of their top players. Either he can't coach or the recruiting for the past 3 years was horrendous. Which one is it?

Reactions: boiler-deuce
It's called perspective that a "game" is not nearly that important and this is one of many yet to go. In a few days, this will be a thing of the past.
Eh, I agree on the larger point, but, this one will haunt for more than a few days and may haunt them all year...that is as bad a second half of basketball at a high level that I can recall...it is amazing that they found a way to somehow lose that game.

Not all of us McNutt. Just so you know there are plenty of us who love this team.

My perspective is that this happened against a not great team down major players. It’s not going to get any easier. That loss shouldn’t happen against that team. Point blank that was the second worse one next to the Little Rock-Arkansas game.

Reactions: DAG10
The tone was set in the first five minutes of the second half when Miami just kicked Purdue's tail...Purdue was not ready to play, and, never was able to respond appropriately after, and, then just flat collapsed down the stretch...did literally nothing right for about the last 5 minutes of that game at either end or as a staff.

The tone was set in the first five minutes of the second half when Miami just kicked Purdue's tail...Purdue was not ready to play, and, never was able to respond appropriately after, and, then just flat collapsed down the stretch...did literally nothing right for about the last 5 minutes of that game at either end or as a staff.

At some point this butt whipping either makes or breaks the season. If we think this was tough, wait for the B10G season! I don't see a Carson Edwards picking this team up and literally carrying them. We don't have that gem on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT