ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Miami (ACC/Big Ten Challenge) Game Thread

My perspective is that this happened against a not great team down major players. It’s not going to get any easier. That loss shouldn’t happen against that team. Point blank that was the second worse one next to the Little Rock-Arkansas game.
Both under CMP..we will let it go because he's done a decent job recruiting.
Umm yeah because he has freaking earned? Think you can do better? No? Then shut your bitch ass up. I am sick and tired of you whiny crybaby little girls coming on here thinking you know better when you couldn't even wear Painter's jockstrap nor do a 1/4 of what the players do.

You

are

a

little

bitch

and

nothing

more.

I guarantee that if you have kids, they think the same way I do about you. I guarantee it.
Internet tough guy. You need to slow....down...with the name calling. You are the guy that acts tough on a board, but hides behind a computer screen. Slow down, chump!

Last edited:
Reactions: jtanoos1
Umm yeah because he has freaking earned? Think you can do better? No? Then shut your bitch ass up. I am sick and tired of you whiny crybaby little girls coming on here thinking you know better when you couldn't even wear Painter's jockstrap nor do a 1/4 of what the players do.

You

are

a

little

bitch

and

nothing

more.

I guarantee that if you have kids, they think the same way I do about you. I guarantee it.
This guy seems pleasant... maybe take a breather. We are all Boilers here.

Tonight's game sucked. True. But this is just the beginning of a great team being put together. I will be watching Saturday against ISU and will be looking for positives. I can't wait for this team to get healthy and watch these young guys develope and show our juniors that they better improve or lose minutes during this season. Btfu.

Reactions: HarrysPostGame13
Yeah you can bet that when this team wins big, those being the loudest in tarring and feathering this team will be the quietest.

Sure I won’t complain as much if we win but you can’t call people little bitches for being really discouraged and loaded about this loss. It’s the exact same situation as last year and we know how that went.

The knee jerk reactions on here are hilarious. Calling for Painters head immediately lol. Cmon people. Chill tf out.

DJ Carstensen is a 6' 8" Big Ten official.

636560628704607372-ref11-2.jpg
Had to use one of my phone calls...Steve Wilmer is the guy

What a bunch of whiney little know nothing babies. Seriously all of you so called fans on here crying and pretending that you somehow know better need to STFU. Seriously YOU are the embarrassing thing on here and why no one comes to this site hardly anymore.

Nothing but a bunch of little bitches.

Bahahahaha here comes pom pom puffer!!! You hear that guys??? Us fans are the problem!!! How DARE us expect us to win games that we are up 20 in vs a bad team missing 3 players!!!

How DARE you get upset!! Rather, we should all be holding hands passing out kisses and slipping eachother notes of encouragement

At some point this butt whipping either makes or breaks the season. If we think this was tough, wait for the B10G season! I don't see a Carson Edwards picking this team up and literally carrying them. We don't have that gem on the roster.

Just have to play the hot hand right now.....some nights it might be Eric Hunter, others Sasha Stefanovic (though likely just in Mackey) or Trevion Williams......or Branden Newman, Jaden Ivey, or Zach Edey.....everyone else plays off whoever that is. I do think Jaden Ivey has the potential to be close to what Carsen Edwards did but in a different way and maybe not to the degree of dropping 35-40.....yet. Have to avoid foul trouble too....that's the one thing taking Branden Newman out of the rotation a couple of times. Tough loss tonight with the way they collapsed.....on to Indiana State and the Buckeyes next week,

The knee jerk reactions on here are hilarious. Calling for Painters head immediately lol. Cmon people. Chill tf out.
I don't believe anyone said to fire CMP, but there is no denying it has happened to many times. It has and it's a fact. I like him but it does seem to happen to often.

Sure I won’t complain as much if we win but you can’t call people little bitches for being really discouraged and loaded about this loss. It’s the exact same situation as last year and we know how that went.
Well, this threat of some groundbreaking program win in future has been used and yet to come to fruition in any type of fashion. Its a cudgel. Some day hasn't, but will happen. 16 years. That dog won't hunt. A hollow threat now.

Yeah you can bet that when this team wins big, those being the loudest in tarring and feathering this team will be the quietest.
Are they on the Brohm plan where they will "win big" in like 5 years, because this team looks remarkably like last year's team, and, that did not end well...and I don't see this ending well again in light of what I just witnessed unfortunately. Not like I want that...not like I am happy about it...not like I am in any way reveling in it...but, what just happened...simply can't happen...that was as bad a loss as I can think of, compounded by it being to a bad team.

The same lack of leadership from a year ago was on display...consistently...the same lack of a go-to guy...the same lack of no answer at either end of the floor during a collapse...those are things that should not remain after last year and having happened to the extent that they have in the past...the fact that they do is concerning...troubling frankly from the standpoint of not being able to do anything at all to keep from losing a game that was nearly impossible to lose...again, to a bad team without its best player(s).

Reactions: boiler-deuce
This loss and clemson loss cements us as missing the tourney this year. Not enough non conf games this year to make it up and the big ten is going to be brutal.

Should be back in the tourney next year but... building around 7 footers in todays basketball landscape is a resounding failing strategy. You win with guards. Referees simply do not allow 7 footers to dominate in the paint today, and we yet again saw that today

I don't believe anyone said to fire CMP, but there is no denying it has happened to many times. It has and it's a fact. I like him but it does seem to happen to often.
No coach is perfect, but this isn't all on him.... not even remotely. Painter has shown he can make deep runs, recruit and so on and this may be a "thing" he has to learn to improve upon.

However it's easy for us to sit in judgement from the internet without being on the side of the court, in practice nor in the huddles. So really none of us can say for sure he doesn't because let's face it, if ANY of us knew half of what we think we know about coaching a power five team, we sure wouldn't be talking basketball on here :)

This loss and clemson loss cements us as missing the tourney this year. Not enough non conf games this year to make it up and the big ten is going to be brutal.

Should be back in the tourney next year but... building around 7 footers in todays basketball landscape is a resounding failing strategy. You win with guards. Referees simply do not allow 7 footers to dominate in the paint today, and we yet again saw that today
I think Shrews knows this and has become a huge piece for recruiting. We have targeted that player for the 21' and 22' class.

Reactions: HarrysPostGame13

Dude.

The internet is great, and all, but it just affords too many opportunities for people to knee-jerk.

Yes, the B1G will be brutal. I highlighted that in a post a week ago, or so.

Still, I'm having difficulty drawing conclusions on a season that just started....

Just have to play the hot hand right now.....some nights it might be Eric Hunter, others Sasha Stefanovic (though likely just in Mackey) or Trevion Williams......or Branden Newman, Jaden Ivey, or Zach Edey.....everyone else plays off whoever that is. I do think Jaden Ivey has the potential to be close to what Carsen Edwards did but in a different way and maybe not to the degree of dropping 35-40.....yet. Have to avoid foul trouble too....that's the one thing taking Branden Newman out of the rotation a couple of times. Tough loss tonight with the way they collapsed.....on to Indiana State and the Buckeyes next week,
So......you have it all figured out? Why hasn't Painter? Not being a smartass, but if you think it's that close, why wouldn't you think Painter should fix it? Look, he's not the guy.

I understand your perspective....it's frustrating to watch at times. Maybe CMP's thinking for the long haul that these guys need to figure some things out themselves and play through adversity...I don't know.....would be interesting to hear his post-game comments on that. When they got it back to 15 up after Miami's initial burst in the second half, I thought they had weathered it. Wrong.

With this loss, I have now lost all interest in the Big Ten - ACC games. Surely Family Guy is on somewhere.

Reactions: Roeder
So......you have it all figured out? Why hasn't Painter? Not being a smartass, but if you think it's that close, why wouldn't you think Painter should fix it? Look, he's not the guy.

Oh hell no do I have anything figured out, Deuce....just my opinion.....and it's not easy to execute. I've expected this year was going to be a roller coaster, and I think so far it's been one. It was working in the first half....now the defensive effort was better too.

I could live to be 100+, and I won't know anything close to what CMP knows about the game and coaching it. I can respect your opinion and others who don't think CMP is the right guy for Purdue.....maybe I'm too much of an optimist, perhaps. I also know it's very difficult in this day and age and technology to not take a very micro-focused approach.....and CMP is getting paid very handsomely for what he does. Absent some scandal/major violations, he's the coach for Purdue as long as he wants it, IMO based somewhat on knowing from others the reputation and inner workings of the administration and Board of Trustees.

I think he has things in the right direction, including with the recruiting.....but it's a step-building process.....tough to be patient and watch results like tonight. Most of us are Purdue alums and ardent followers - but we can also agree to disagree at times - we agree that we'd like to see Purdue win.....and I'd like to see a good group of young men get an opportunity and succeed in achieving their goals and having a lifelong friendship and a great mentor. Way too early right now for this season, but it was a disappointing evening after a promising start.

Sorry folks, for the lengthy reply.

Oh hell no do I have anything figured out, Deuce....just my opinion.....and it's not easy to execute. I've expected this year was going to be a roller coaster, and I think so far it's been one. It was working in the first half....now the defensive effort was better too.

I could live to be 100+, and I won't know anything close to what CMP knows about the game and coaching it. I can respect your opinion and others who don't think CMP is the right guy for Purdue.....maybe I'm too much of an optimist, perhaps. I also know it's very difficult in this day and age and technology to not take a very micro-focused approach.....and CMP is getting paid very handsomely for what he does. Absent some scandal/major violations, he's the coach for Purdue as long as he wants it, IMO based somewhat on knowing from others the reputation and inner workings of the administration and Board of Trustees.

I think he has things in the right direction, including with the recruiting.....but it's a step-building process.....tough to be patient and watch results like tonight. Most of us are Purdue alums and ardent followers - but we can also agree to disagree at times - we agree that we'd like to see Purdue win.....and I'd like to see a good group of young men get an opportunity and succeed in achieving their goals and having a lifelong friendship and a great mentor. Way too early right now for this season, but it was a disappointing evening after a promising start.

FAz3.gif

First off, you'll never bother me with lengthy replies. I'm not here to argue, but to say what I see. I am an alum/fan so I want success. I'm also an unapologetic realist. I call it like I see it. We're 16 years into this "step building process", Painter is who we think he is. Not great, but "safe". No trouble, no scandal......just vanilla. We're afraid of the green door. Worried the next guy "might be worse" which is an indictment on our ability to find next level talent. We need to settle for the best we think we can get or deserve. Not swing for the fence. I'd really like to believe that some day I could see something special. But, you have to actually want it. Not, just hope the stars align and it falls in your lap.

Reactions: Poprudy
First off, you'll never bother me with lengthy replies. I'm not here to argue, but to say what I see. I am an alum/fan so I want success. I'm also an unapologetic realist. I call it like I see it. We're 16 years into this "step building process", Painter is who we think he is. Not great, but "safe". No trouble, no scandal......just vanilla. We're afraid of the green door. Worried the next guy "might be worse" which is an indictment on our ability to find next level talent. We need to settle for the best we think we can get or deserve. Not swing for the fence. I'd really like to believe that some day I could see something special. But, you have to actually want it. Not, just hope the stars align and it falls in your lap.
Man, I hope you're wrong. I feel the same but want so much more. I just want to believe we can consistently be a MSU type of winning program. I don't want to be a dirty program but to win and have teams fear us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT