ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Iowa Game Thread

Who is this calm, methodical, road team with excellent shot selection?
You mean, Boilergal74?

Well why didn’t you tell me sooner? Terry could have faired at the hospital without me...He would certainly understand if it were Purdue Basketball....

You know what this means, don't you Boilergal74?
You hafta watch all the Boiler Balls from now on.

To the NCAA, to the Sweet Sixteen,
to the Great Eight, to the Final Four,
and then to the Championship game!

Let's make this happen!!

Boiler Up!!

Great win last night. We take care of business at home during Rutgers game, and I don't see how we are not NCAA Tournament bound. A win or 2 in the BTT helps to solidify it, but we definitely more deserving than our "neighbors" to the South, whose overall record is a joke and deceiving, if it comes down to the commitee taking us or them.. Plus, we beat them twice during the regular season (and last season, season before that, etc.).

Reactions: pu1985 and Level 42
AR-181009702.jpg

separated at birth from:

2602101-2463857318-bert-.jpg
Trying to do his best Anthony Davis brow impersonation

Great win last night. We take care of business at home during Rutgers game, and I don't see how we are not NCAA Tournament bound. A win or 2 in the BTT helps to solidify it, but we definitely more deserving than our "neighbors" to the South, whose overall record is a joke and deceiving, if it comes down to the commitee taking us or them.. Plus, we beat them twice during the regular season (and last season, season before that, etc.).

I don't think 17-15 will get it done. A lot of bubble teams have been winning lately....Cincy, Richmond, Texas, all the Pac 12, Wichita, Providence.

If we're lined up for the 8-9 game, which is likely with a win Saturday, I hope it's against Michigan or Ohio State as opposed to Rutgers. It would probably carry more weight with a win.

I don't think 17-15 will get it done. A lot of bubble teams have been winning lately....Cincy, Richmond, Texas, all the Pac 12, Wichita, Providence.

If we're lined up for the 8-9 game, which is likely with a win Saturday, I hope it's against Michigan or Ohio State as opposed to Rutgers. It would probably carry more weight with a win.

Latest "projected" bracket for BTT (assuming Purdue defeats Rutgers). Indiana would slide to W game (losing the tie-breaker to both Purdue and Rutgers) and be with Rutgers in the bottom half of the bracket. Michigan hosts Nebraska and finishes @ Maryland. Ohio State hosts Illinois and finishes @ Michigan State. Illinois is likely in the bottom half - as I think they lose the tie-breakers to both Maryland and Michigan State. I think Michigan State has the best odds with the tie-breakers from what I can tell.

bracket_image.php

Reactions: KentuckyBoiler
Michigan State wins tiebreakers with Maryland but Wisconsin actually gets the 1 in a 3-way tie.

Well now...that trip to Bloomington could be interesting for Bucky as I expect they'll get by Northwestern. However, I don't expect them beating Indiana, but on the other hand - you never know.

Good night brothers. Past time to hit the hay. Going to Mackey Sat for Rutgers. Plan to hit Harry's prior. Should be a great game! BTFU!

I'll be there on Sat. Might even see me on TV. Will definitely see me at Harry's after.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT