ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Iowa: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Ok...a couple of shaky moments, but this is another solid road win for the Boilers!
Why couldn’t I relax and enjoy this one?

Fear and ghastly memories outweigh loving and appreciating this team and coach for the amazingly high level they are at now….

Purdue’s ball sharing and defensive intensity were spectacular today.

Amazing defense by Iowa, they only fouled one guy. ( Jones fouled at game end) All the pressing on Smith, Loyer, Jones, no fouls.

big time shot esp w/ everyone standing around not being aggressive

And it looks like a confidence thing with Braden. Even when he's not making them, his killer instinct shot is always the best one. You can tell he was second guessing his shot at times.

I was mostly kidding, however, he’d be welcomed probably.
In the Indiana all star games his stats were head and shoulders above others and many were wondering why Purdue and or IU never got him.

College hoops on the road, Purdue missed a ton of wide open shots late, Braden is scuffling with his shooting, he’ll regain it.
That is a LOT of boards! IF Tunovers are similar and why I only said Rhetorical and you only score on 1/3 of them and if they are only 2pt shots THAT is a lot of points

How does a game possibly get close with that domination? Rhetorical I know but certainly unlikely

Turnovers, FTs and letting the other team score too easily the most likely culprits. Purdue really tightened it up after the first five minutes and did pretty well with turnovers the first half.

Boilers did really well controlling the game after that 14-0 run got them a working margin. This is also with Braden Smith still not shooting too well, ending up (4/12, 1-5 3pt FG).

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT