ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Iowa Game Thread

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
It's "Rivalry Week" again, Ladies & Gentlemen. :)

The Boilers invade Carver-Hawkeye Arena tonight to take on the 18th ranked Iowa Hawkeyes. Iowa is a solid candidate for an at-large bid in the NCAA field, and at 11-7 (in a tie for fifth in the conference with Penn State) is still battling for one of the four double byes in the upcoming BTT. Tip scheduled for 8:00 pm (Central time) on BTN.

You have to think the Hawkeyes have had this game circled on the calendar for revenge as the Boilers routed them in the first meeting last month, 104-68, which was probably Purdue's best outing of the year and included a Mackey Arena school record 19 three-point FG's.

As Luka Garza goes, so goes Iowa. Trevion Williams and Matt Haarms will have their hands full inside. Iowas has also showed some improved defense as of late, so this will be a monumental test for the Boilers still trying to claw their way to a NCAA tournament bid. Can they show the discipline, poise, and effort it takes to win on the road against a ranked conference opponent? It's been few and far between this year. I expect this game to be hard fought and rather physical as usual. Boilers need an all-hands-on-deck attitude to get it done.

Bring it on to TMHR!

Boiler up, my friends...

images

401166210.png

Last edited:
I am not responsible for any further comments ...

Oh, and fruity-ass ..... you have a place to go

Man....I take a forced timeout from the Board and you get out of control!!! Fruity Ass???? Lol! This second absence was because my husband was in the hospital... Just not been a good winter for us but all is well just in time for me to cheer our Boilermakers on to a B1G Tourney Championship as its about the only way I don’t have to watch the NIT this year and listen to the IU masses!

Man....I take a forced timeout from the Board and you get out of control!!! Fruity Ass???? Lol! This second absence was because my husband was in the hospital... Just not been a good winter for us but all is well just in time for me to cheer our Boilermakers on to a B1G Tourney Championship as its about the only way I don’t have to watch the NIT this year and listen to the IU masses!

Welcome back, BGal....sorry to hear about your husband.....hope you both are recovering well.

the sun has come out for you! And damn, I'm glad to see you!!!

0-2

They aren’t going to be too lippy

Reactions: PU pit bull

Thoughts and prayers from me to you guys. Get better and BTFU!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT