ADVERTISEMENT

Learnings for this Game

Sorry if already posted or mentioned but one other “little” change from last year is Greg Gary’s departure. He was our offensive coordinator and called a lot of our set pieces. Remember that Micah wasn’t officially added until later in the summer because of the playoffs so this new team is getting comfortable with each other and a new coach.
This. It brings up another major adjustment this young team is making. Only 2 players with 2 full years of experience and a new OC.

Need to sub NE out on offense down the stretch. The offense just dies with the ball in his hands. No threat to score from the perimeter or slashing to the basket so his man just sags and blows up the offense. Bring him back in on D. No one plays harder on defense and he rebounds well.

Need to sub NE out on offense down the stretch. The offense just dies with the ball in his hands. No threat to score from the perimeter or slashing to the basket so his man just sags and blows up the offense. Bring him back in on D. No one plays harder on defense and he rebounds well.
Ok

You watching the same game I am? You didn't see the passes NE made, or his back door cuts getting passes from Tre? Wow! Please go back and watch the game again.

NE is great at handling the ball against pressure, and initiating the offense. He creates all kinds of switching mismatches by his presence on the court and his cuts & movements.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
You watching the same game I am? You didn't see the passes NE made, or his back door cuts getting passes from Tre? Wow! Please go back and watch the game again.

NE is great at handling the ball against pressure, and initiating the offense. He creates all kinds of switching mismatches by his presence on the court and his cuts & movements.
These are the people who simply don’t understand the game and they look solely at his 6 points he scored but not everything else he does on the floor. Scoring gonna come he’s figuring out his teammates and this teams identity to put himself and his teammates in position to score and win games. It’s always a few that complain but I can bet they could not play at the level he’s playing at or do 1 percent of what he does on the court but yet complain very typical tho

I predicted 8 assists for NE and he had 6 which is great. He setup Hunter for a three which was a great play. There were probably a few missed shots in there especially with the number of shots we missed to push the assist total higher. Would Romeo make those passes? Nope.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I predicted 8 assists for NE and he had 6 which is great. He setup Hunter for a three which was a great play. There were probably a few missed shots in there especially with the number of shots we missed to push the assist total higher. Would Romeo make those passes? Nope.
I think so many get caught up in 3point shooting and scoring which I do understand the relevance and importance that to is to the game however your point guard is the extension of the coach he is the player that has to run the offense put his teammates in the best possible position to score and his creativity of scoring comes with that of which he will do. It’s 2 games and these are the reactions after a loss so many wanna pinpoint the things he didn’t do and not look at his impact of the things he did do. Getting back in shape is definitely something that may take a few more games to do defensively and offensively but he’s controlling the game picking his spots to score he missed a few shots himself but they will start to fall soon enough but his impact on the court is just as impactful as his scoring will be. It’s a marathon not a sprint to the finish line and soon we’ll see the benefits of what he’s doing that looking at a glass half full. 2 years and some wanna see better results him shooting the 3 him scoring more I get it it’s coming. Year 1 play 12 min a game year 2 had to prolific scores and the team played a role year 3 just started watch and wait we all will be pleased with the outcome

Six assists, zero turnovers. If you only watch the players who score the most points, you are missing some of the most fun parts of the game.

Nojel didn't cause perimeter players to lose the ball out of bounds and the big men miss shots within 5 feet of the basket. Give it time. Winning cures everything.

I kept saying the same thing during the game...Purdue just never was able to get any true separation. The greatest missed opportunity in that regard was a 5-point lead that should have been extended to 7 when an alley-oop (that would have blown the roof off in Mackey as it was in the midest of a run already) was missed, and, compounded by those that were at the offensive end were not back at the other end when Texas buried a wide-open "3" capping a literal 5-point swing.

It would be nice as you said to be beat Shaka at some point, as well as Chris Beard...both have definitely had Purdue's/Painter's number.
It was quite obvious when Shaka had his team increase their half court defensive pressure. As usual Painter didn't have his team adjust and start cutting behind the belly-up pressure. I was surprised Shaka didn't put on a smothering full court press.

Six assists, zero turnovers. If you only watch the players who score the most points, you are missing some of the most fun parts of the game.

Nojel didn't cause perimeter players to lose the ball out of bounds and the big men miss shots within 5 feet of the basket. Give it time. Winning cures everything.
BUT...at the end of the game you still need to score more points than the opponent????

Thank you I just might do that.Suppose you were ok with him sitting.
There is nothing for me to be 'ok' or 'not ok' with. I'm just a spectator and have no idea what the underlying reasons are. If you question Painter, call in and do it so he can respond.

It's the same crap every year and every year Painter shows why he is the coach and the rest of us aren't.

Reactions: Do Dah Day and BBG
There is nothing for me to be 'ok' or 'not ok' with. I'm just a spectator and have no idea what the underlying reasons are. If you question Painter, call in and do it so he can respond.

It's the same crap every year and every year Painter shows why he is the coach and the rest of us aren't.
Whatever

It's the same crap every year and every year Painter shows why he is the coach and the rest of us aren't.[/ Hes the coach because that's what he chose to do in his life. Me personally What painter does at the end of the day I will go with because I personally think hes a good coach. But I will say this just because you're a coach don't mean you know more about that sport than Somebody that's not a coach that's not always true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT