ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana v. Purdue Game Thread

Great to always beat IU. But man the 2017 class better live in the gym and weight room, because they are a huge disappointment right now.

4 2017 guys - 10 points
2 2018 guys- 36 points.

Thanks you Tre and Hunter

What's the letter of the day ?!

giphy.gif

Hey Pit...my grandson just got a Pit puppy. What's the best thing to keep them from becoming mean and aggressive. It's called a gator jaw I believe.
A pure pit bull is hard to find now. They have been wayyyyyyy over bred over the years. Most are actually Bullies or mixes. The genetics and stability come into question now. That doesn't mean your grandson won't have a good dog. Just saying I like to know the blood and the parentage. Give that pup love, be consistent, be smart and realize that these dogs will go from pup to adult in short time...….and they will be strong, and sometimes hard headed. Patience with these dogs. They need exercise. They are known to be fiercely loyal. They are just like many dogs...…..but they can, AND WILL, whoop any other dog on the planet. I have had these dogs for over 25 years now...….and they still surprise me. Words to live by: NEVER TRUST A PIT BULL. Expect the unexpected. These dogs get a bad rep, but that's because they are in incapable hands...…..and they are the worst dog for those not ready. Not to scare you, because I'd have no other dog, but just know that many of these dogs want and WILL kill other dogs. Not always, but you don't want to find that out the hard way. I had an incident just a few months ago...….and it got ugly. No dog parks for a true pit bull IMO. It only takes a split second and all hell breaks loose. And they won't stop...….it's in their blood. People don't understand that. This is what they were bred for. USUALLY pit bulls are good with people (that is also what they were bred for, and put down for if they were human aggressive)...….but I would not trust one with a kid...…..and that's any dog IMO. Any dog can have a bad day......
Fairly healthy breed...….but that is a true pit bull I'm talking about. With the overbreeding, genetics have suffered. Doesn't mean it's his dog, just saying.
Susceptible to some cancers, bloat because of their deep chest, and allergies...…...especially due to the overbreeding. But otherwise healthy breed.
Like I said, I love them...…….but I also respect and know what they are capable of. I'd suggest your grandson get a good book on the American pit bull terrier (he may have a bully or partial pit bull, but at least he can understand the history of this breed...…..it is amazing) and have fun with this pup!!!! They really are great dogs......just have to keep an eye on them is all.
BTW, some cities don't like these dogs!! Damn BSL (breed specific legislation) is strong in some cities.

A pure pit bull is hard to find now. They have been wayyyyyyy over bred over the years. Most are actually Bullies or mixes. The genetics and stability come into question now. That doesn't mean your grandson won't have a good dog. Just saying I like to know the blood and the parentage. Give that pup love, be consistent, be smart and realize that these dogs will go from pup to adult in short time...….and they will be strong, and sometimes hard headed. Patience with these dogs. They need exercise. They are known to be fiercely loyal. They are just like many dogs...…..but they can, AND WILL, whoop any other dog on the planet. I have had these dogs for over 25 years now...….and they still surprise me. Words to live by: NEVER TRUST A PIT BULL. Expect the unexpected. These dogs get a bad rep, but that's because they are in incapable hands...…..and they are the worst dog for those not ready. Not to scare you, because I'd have no other dog, but just know that many of these dogs want and WILL kill other dogs. Not always, but you don't want to find that out the hard way. I had an incident just a few months ago...….and it got ugly. No dog parks for a true pit bull IMO. It only takes a split second and all hell breaks loose. And they won't stop...….it's in their blood. People don't understand that. This is what they were bred for. USUALLY pit bulls are good with people (that is also what they were bred for, and put down for if they were human aggressive)...….but I would not trust one with a kid...…..and that's any dog IMO. Any dog can have a bad day......
Fairly healthy breed...….but that is a true pit bull I'm talking about. With the overbreeding, genetics have suffered. Doesn't mean it's his dog, just saying.
Susceptible to some cancers, bloat because of their deep chest, and allergies...…...especially due to the overbreeding. But otherwise healthy breed.
Like I said, I love them...…….but I also respect and know what they are capable of. I'd suggest your grandson get a good book on the American pit bull terrier (he may have a bully or partial pit bull, but at least he can understand the history of this breed...…..it is amazing) and have fun with this pup!!!! They really are great dogs......just have to keep an eye on them is all.
BTW, some cities don't like these dogs!! Damn BSL (breed specific legislation) is strong in some cities.
Thanks. Both parents were pure bred. So if you're around them when they're young, you're okay? What about the two other dogs in the house...a terrier and an older lab?

Thanks. Both parents were pure bred. So if you're around them when they're young, you're okay? What about the two other dogs in the house...a terrier and an older lab?

For now ok, but that pup MAY or may not eventually want to be the dominant one...….even if it is just for attention's sake. I'd be surprised if it didn't want to be the dominant. All terriers have an attitude to them LOL. That's why I like them. I have a couple of pit bulls now that got along great for YEARS...….then out of nowhere, boom. Now they are hot. Like a light switch that's constantly on now. So I have got to watch for signs and situations that could be trouble (jealous situations, around food or toys, etc)...… and one gets muzzled when we are on the couch together, etc. They are never left together when I'm not around. They are in separate rooms when I'm at work. You just live and learn...…..but make sure you do LEARN! You will see the signs and be aware. These dogs can be hard headed, and some need to be sat on a bit...…..not mistreated, but consistently taught. They can push your buttons LOL. There's no real advice that I can say will 100% work...….every dog is different. Some pit bulls get along with other dogs...….but if I tell you that, then I may be wrong and you have a dead dog on your hands...and conscience. Watch for signs while he/she is young...…...easier to try to train unwanted activities out of them while they aren't so strong. But as far as dog aggression......that may be waiting behind the scenes for years before coming out. You could look into a professional trainer...….many suggest that...….and I have no problem with that, but people are fooling themselves if they think you can train a pit bull not to fight if it really wants to. None of this is meant to scare you, just to be aware. Better safe than sorry. These dogs make the headline news all the time...….and nearly most of the causes are because people have not realized what this breed can do.....and set their dogs up for disaster. Just enjoy the dog and see how it goes. Obviously the other dogs will have the upper hand now and you don't want your pup getting bit or seriously injured...…...LOL, and I guarantee you that little pit will remember it!

With 1,000% support of all Pit said, I'll throw a few tidbits out. I now have 5 pits, my son has 4 and my daughter 2. At one time I had 10. Most loving, caring, gentle dogs I've ever had and I've had a lot. 8 of the 12 are rescues with unknown pasts. We've had two rescues for 9 years, the other over 5 years each. It took time and attention to their actions/fears/looks to learn each one's idiosyncrasies.

One of mine is pure pit, one "pure" bully. the others are mixed. We've had "incidents." Primarily caused by outsiders doing something. Just something "normal" that caused competition between the dogs.

A good friend visited and the dogs all loved her, she picked-up a bone and tossed it across the floor. Ooops, they got into a fight over the one bone SHE threw while four others were right next to it.

We also never leave them together when we're not around. three have stayed together for over five years without incident. so, we go 3-1-1. Two of ours are food protective (rescues have often starved before). But we make sure their bowl is in the same place at all times. The others respect that location. But the protectors still growl lightly at the others.

With all that said, I say communication is the key. All my dogs communicate to the others their feelings. As long as all the others listen, things are smooth. If one chooses not to listen, then their attitudes change. As Pit said several times, learn their looks, their actions, and know that their fierce loyalty can create competitions for your (and others) attentions.

With 1,000% support of all Pit said, I'll throw a few tidbits out. I now have 5 pits, my son has 4 and my daughter 2. At one time I had 10. Most loving, caring, gentle dogs I've ever had and I've had a lot. 8 of the 12 are rescues with unknown pasts. We've had two rescues for 9 years, the other over 5 years each. It took time and attention to their actions/fears/looks to learn each one's idiosyncrasies.

One of mine is pure pit, one "pure" bully. the others are mixed. We've had "incidents." Primarily caused by outsiders doing something. Just something "normal" that caused competition between the dogs.

A good friend visited and the dogs all loved her, she picked-up a bone and tossed it across the floor. Ooops, they got into a fight over the one bone SHE threw while four others were right next to it.

We also never leave them together when we're not around. three have stayed together for over five years without incident. so, we go 3-1-1. Two of ours are food protective (rescues have often starved before). But we make sure their bowl is in the same place at all times. The others respect that location. But the protectors still growl lightly at the others.

With all that said, I say communication is the key. All my dogs communicate to the others their feelings. As long as all the others listen, things are smooth. If one chooses not to listen, then their attitudes change. As Pit said several times, learn their looks, their actions, and know that their fierce loyalty can create competitions for your (and others) attentions.

My 1000% back at ya! And thank you. I respect the hell out of you for your rescue efforts. I will always have a soft spot for God's creatures.

If you have men who will exclude any of Gods' creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. ---------------- St. Francis of Assisi

My 1000% back at ya! And thank you. I respect the hell out of you for your rescue efforts. I will always have a soft spot for God's creatures.

If you have men who will exclude any of Gods' creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. ---------------- St. Francis of Assisi
I considered going to Assisi next fall, but cant work it in. Was there a lover of God's creatures anymore than him?

Last edited:
Ah, what's an extra day?
I already have my flight and had to change everything after I had it set. Originally, I was meeting my daughter and her husband in Rome for 3+ days, but now it appears they will get there later since they have a 3 hour train ride to Munich before flying to Italy and now want to spend another 3 days in Florence. I may never go again and so I'm embarrassed to state how long I will be there, because I really dont have that kind of money. I'm doing this with my own scheduling although I gave a lot of interest in Perillo tours, but decided for an adventure. ;) decided on rome, sorrento, orvieto, siena, venice,rome, florence and back to rome.

I already have my flight and had to change everything after I had it set. Originally, I was meeting my daughter and her husband in Rome for 3+ days, but now it appears they will get there later since they have a 3 hour train ride to Munich before flying to Italy and now want to spend another 3 days in Florence. I may never go again and so I'm embarrassed to state how long I will be there, because I really dont have that kind of money. I'm doing this with my own scheduling although I gave a lot of interest in Perillo tours, but decided for an adventure. ;) decided on rome, sorrento, orvieto, siena, venice,rome, florence and back to rome.
Call me before you go. I've got some inexpensive tips for Rome, Florence, Siena and Venice. Things we did, things we missed and things we'll do when/if we get back. Doing our adventure this year freelancing Alaska.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Things are what they are, my friend. I have a bucket list that I am past physically able to do ... and one that only involves mental/emotional investment. The world is such an incredible place ... and the US is such a minuscule part ... do ALL you can ... and accept that is far more than many do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT