ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Indiana: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Loyer quietly had an awesome game. Box score had to tell me he outscored Jones, I feel like Jones should have had more points lol

Really efficient tonight and had a better defensive game.....Jones was outstanding at strategic points.....that's even with Braden Smith going 2/14 (0-6 from deep). Single-digit turnovers is great as well.

Galloway had a nice game for Indiana as well as Mgbako....didn't have enough, though.

Dang peacock! The final came across my phone and there was about 50 seconds left in the game. They didn’t do a very good job of keeping up with the score on the screen either. 🥺
I’ve noticed this all season on network TV.

I get a final score alert on my phone or a scoring alert like 2 mins before it happens.

Peacock as a streaming service is even worse.

I noticed my yahoo sports app was updating way faster, at least a possession or two ahead. And yahoo used to be way behind live……..

It feels like a great win because of IU's record... but they actually seemed to be a pretty bad team. Let's be ready for Iowa, this is in the rearview.

From Twitter.... Indiana is now 0-5 vs. Quad-I opponents, with an average margin of defeat by 17.8 points.

Turns out, IU really does suck? lolol

Not much to say about this one except good to see the team get out of their funk on the road and get back to looking like the team that beat Arizona in Indy. Edey out of his funk as well playing smarter and being patient. really since the 15 min mark of the Penn St game.

Play of the game by far for my is Edey diving on the floor for a loose ball, shoveling a perfect outlet pass from laying on his side to Jones who attacked the basket like a mad man to finish. Game should have stopped right there. IU wanted NO more after that. Edey is awesome and we are all fortunate to have had him at Purdue.

Oh and if Braden was hitting his shots probably hang 100 on them! BTFU

Not much to say about this one except good to see the team get out of their funk on the road and get back to looking like the team that beat Arizona in Indy. Edey out of his funk as well playing smarter and being patient. really since the 15 min mark of the Penn St game.

Play of the game by far for my is Edey diving on the floor for a loose ball, shoveling a perfect outlet pass from laying on his side to Jones who attacked the basket like a mad man to finish. Game should have stopped right there. IU wanted NO more after that. Edey is awesome and we are all fortunate to have had him at Purdue.

Purdue started early getting Zach engaged

Reactions: Schnelk
It'll be a sad day for Purdue fans when Xavier Johnson is done at IU. Sure, he lit us up once I think, but in general he KILLS their team more than helps doesn't he?
2 years ago in a$$hall he made a living with his push shot in the lane that helped phinisee in his career game

It'll be a sad day for Purdue fans when Xavier Johnson is done at IU. Sure, he lit us up once I think, but in general he KILLS their team more than helps doesn't he?
2 years ago in a$$hall he mage a living with his push shot in the lane that helped phonies in his career

Edey is so special. His dive on the floor and Jones layup will always be in his highlights.

You saw the look of relief on his face when that jumper finally fell

The two he hit he squared up well and looked good - mid-rangers. I had to get out the abacus for how many lay-ups he missed.....just one of those nights.....but Purdue needs him out there regardless......ended up with an interesting score-line......5/6/9 with two steals and only two turnovers (one late in the game).

Edey is so special. His dive on the floor and Jones layup will always be in his highlights.

65a73f7ed434b946012810.gif

Last edited:

I also want to add that I am as much of a hater on Morton as any, but he played a great game tonight…one of his top ones in his career I’d say. Love the block on X after X thought he was cool and tried to do a behind the back layup hahah. And a good take to the rim and was sneaky and used his off hand to lay it up and get the goal tend.

If he can continue that trend of playing efficient and giving good mins, it’ll continue to be huge for the team.

IU was slower, out of position, Gave less effort and are less talented. There were also multiple fouls that weren’t called on IU with ware fouling edey on multiple shots and smith getting fouled on a lot of his layups. Part of basketball and the good teams play through it.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Jones gives Purdue a factor that they were missing last year. Best guard on the court tonight.
He was really good, but Fletcher was pretty good as well. I thought other than his shot being off Braden’s floor game was excellent. Trey battled on the boards and I can go on and not think of a single player that was bad. Mason/caleb and Ethan had good moments as well.

I also want to add that I am as much of a hater on Morton as any, but he played a great game tonight…one of his top ones in his career I’d say. Love the block on X after X thought he was cool and tried to do a behind the back layup hahah. And a good take to the rim and was sneaky and used his off hand to lay it up and get the goal tend.

If he can continue that trend of playing efficient and giving good mins, it’ll continue to be huge for the team.
Morton is being played the minutes he should be at 12-15 minutes and he is doing well. He is really good basketball player except for the 3 pt shooting but if he can find ways off the bounce to make up for that even better.

How far Purdue goes this season will be determined by Edey/Loyer/Smith/Gillis/Jones/TKR all before Morton. The hate he gets around here is too much. He comes in and does his job well. All the players I mentioned need to carry the load and Ethan be support. Heide and Furst are the in same boat as Morton for this year.

Last edited:
Yes you do
Any example would have helped your argument.

But I don’t really want to bicker.

My point was they started talking about him being AA when he had several great shooting games and that’s crashed hard the last couple of games.

I understand his game isn’t all scoring, but when your second scoring option isn’t putting the ball in the hoop, it is cause for some concern

Wanted to give a shout out to Caleb Furst. He has been AWFUL most of the year but has come in the last 4-5 games and given great effort and been effective. Yeah he only plays 5-8 minutes a night but we need him to be solid when Zach needs to go out or the opp has a true power forward 4. He is finally playing his role better.

And for whatever reason he is handling the ball 1000x better than in the non-conference! Not sure what changed but keep it up Caleb!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT