ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Indiana: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

He was really good, but Fletcher was pretty good as well. I thought other than his shot being off Braden’s floor game was excellent. Trey battled on the boards and I can go on and not think of a single player that was bad. Mason/caleb and Ethan had good moments as well.
I agree on both Fletch and Braden. Fletch was awfully efficient. (It’s hard to argue with 19 points on 6 shots). But, I felt like Jones brought a great energy that made a huge difference on both ends of the court.

Morton is being played the minutes he should be at 12-15 minutes and he is doing well. He is really good basketball player except for the 3 pt shooting but if he can find ways off the bounce to make up for that even better.

How far Purdue goes this season will be determined by Edey/Loyer/Smith/Gillis/Jones/TKR all before Morton. The hate he gets around here is too much. He comes in and does his job well. All the players I mentioned need to carry the load and Ethan be support. Heide and Furst are the in same boat.
He is a boiler and tries his best. He played some good D and just isn’t much of a scorer, but he can and does contribute to wins many times. He has a good attitude and no doubt a positive in the locker room. He generally plays within himself and rarely strays. He is a Boiler that tries to the best of his abilities and I wish him well and hope he continues to do only that which he can be successful.

Any example would have helped your argument.

But I don’t really want to bicker.

My point was they started talking about him being AA when he had several great shooting games and that’s crashed hard the last couple of games.

I understand his game isn’t all scoring, but when your second scoring option isn’t putting the ball in the hoop, it is cause for some concern
Purdue has 4 second scoring options.

Wanted to give a shout out to Caleb Furst. He has been AWFUL most of the year but has come in the last 4-5 games and given great effort and been effective. Yeah he only plays 5-8 minutes a night but we need him to be solid when Zach needs to go out or the opp has a true power forward 4. He is finally playing his role better.

And for whatever reason he is handling the ball 1000x better than in the non-conference! Not sure what changed but keep it up Caleb!
I thought his last two games he made good use of his minutes

I agree on both Fletch and Braden. Fletch was awfully efficient. (It’s hard to argue with 19 points on 6 shots). But, I felt like Jones brought a great energy that made a huge difference on both ends of the court.
I’ve been happy with Lance the first time I saw him. He has been key for this team and seems to have Jaden type burst the last 47 feet. He was very good. Teams don’t go to Bloomington and beat them that bad without a lot of players having great games.

Lance just shows that some of those smaller schools have really good guards by the time they are seniors

Ok got a few more. If you aren’t familiar with Amanda, she is next level trash. She is one of the IU folks who started the rumor about Kanon flipping to IU

Purdue has 4 second scoring options.
Pretty sure I didn’t hear an AA mentioned that got it solely for his massive assist stat.

But I digress, sure, we do have other scoring options, until the last few games Smith was the best second option.

Pretty sure I didn’t hear an AA mentioned that got it solely for his massive assist stat.

But I digress, sure, we do have other scoring options, until the last few games Smith was the best second option.
I think he was getting AA mentions because he is the floor general for one of the top teams in the country and he’s put up gaudy assist stats and averaging better than 5 rebounds as a 5’11 guard and because he has scored double figures. It’s pretty rare for someone to get AA consideration averaging 12 points. It’s the other things that make him great IMO.

Reactions: tjreese
Ok got a few more. If you aren’t familiar with Amanda, she is next level trash. She is one of the IU folks who started the rumor about Kanon flipping to IU

Courtsensetwo

Posted 1 hour ago
I’ll be sending Scott a detailed email to request that he officially protest the officiating with the Big Ten commissioner. It is apparent that there is a deliberate effort in place to insure that we aren’t able to compete at the top of the conference or nationally. This is an obvious conspiracy that must be immediately investigated and when the facts bear it out, it must be referred to the proper legal authorities. To be treated so disrespectfully and intentionally is obscene and not proper.

Courtsensetwo

Posted 1 hour ago
I’ll be sending Scott a detailed email to request that he officially protest the officiating with the Big Ten commissioner. It is apparent that there is a deliberate effort in place to insure that we aren’t able to compete at the top of the conference or nationally. This is an obvious conspiracy that must be immediately investigated and when the facts bear it out, it must be referred to the proper legal authorities. To be treated so disrespectfully and intentionally is obscene and not proper.
Wow

Courtsensetwo

Posted 1 hour ago
Court needs to send an email about why there were only 22 ppl who showed up to watch a murder in assembly hall

Really efficient tonight and had a better defensive game.....Jones was outstanding at strategic points.....that's even with Braden Smith going 2/14 (0-6 from deep). Single-digit turnovers is great as well.

Galloway had a nice game for Indiana as well as Mgbako....didn't have enough, though.
Galloway is showing why Painter recruited him.

You don’t get AA consideration for averaging 10 assists/game. You are correct he’s had poor shooting games and not overall games, but you don’t see many AA averaging 5 pts/game
What's your point? The discussion was about Smith. Who are you referring to?

One of my sports betting customers, an IU grad, texted me this morning saying "9.5 sucker line! Purdue by 20!"

He didn't come in and bet it though.

It feels like a great win because of IU's record... but they actually seemed to be a pretty bad team. Let's be ready for Iowa, this is in the rearview.

From Twitter.... Indiana is now 0-5 vs. Quad-I opponents, with an average margin of defeat by 17.8 points.

Turns out, IU really does suck? lolol
I wasn't too concerned because they just aren't really good this year. They don't have consistent guard play and they don't seem to have consistent outside shooting. Really they seem like a team prone to runs good and bad which is what I think we saw tonight.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
So many fouls on IU and every single one generates a whine that gives me such joy
Could have easily been more. The concept of basketball is pretty easy. Outside dribbling and shooting will not create to many fouls. How do IU fans not get this and then the "he's just tall" comment. I almost want to respond but then....I don't take them serious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT