ADVERTISEMENT

When are we going to give Loyer a nickname?

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
animation title GIF

Loyer kinda reminds me of the skinny, spirited, quick-witted youngster in the Wendy's commercials as well. I think its more of the mannerism and humor than anything.

Bag Boys or Pretzel Bun

There was a guy years ago on Northwestern that they called the baby-faced assassin....anybody remember his name? White kid that could just go off from deep. Decent size, but didn't seem like very good lateral movement.
***just thought of it...John Shurna
This is the first nickname that came to mind for Loyer!

Last edited:
Just Fletch is fine…my wife and I just welcomed our first child, yea at 53 I started young. Anyway, I suggested Fletcher as the name, she wasn’t buying it, we settled on Nicholas.
Congratulations. Parenthood is truly a gift from God.

Reactions: 02BoilerUp
The best nickname of all time was "Tacos"... It started on this board and actually made it's way to TV as I recall B1G network talking about Travis being called Tacos... All because of a typing error that was auto corrected... Lol
That was funny.
Back when we were extremely under sized. I remember him having the assignment of Derrick Nix for MSU and Nix physically abusing him. Not sure he actually gave him a Brandon Dawson esque punch, but he may have.

There was a guy years ago on Northwestern that they called the baby-faced assassin....anybody remember his name? White kid that could just go off from deep. Decent size, but didn't seem like very good lateral movement.
***just thought of it...John Shurna
This is the first nickname that came to mind for Loyer!
it was Shurna, I used to call him the Clearasil Kid due to his acne and pock marks

Good nicknames just happen I think. Because a "naturally occurring" nickname typically describes the person, or something about them, people naturally gravitate to using it. Or not.
When you try to create one consciously, it usually feels contrived. And the connection isn't automatic to other people.

Last edited:
Reactions: mean_gene
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT