ADVERTISEMENT

Painter hits back at the internet warriors

Bah! I understand his perspective, but posters on this and other sites constitute a minority of Purdue fans, and the "A'inters" a smaller minority still.

Painter is always talking about the necessity of ignoring outside noise and wondering why anyone would take advice from strangers. So why even reference it?

If someone suggested that to him for a cheap laugh, he needs a new gag writer.

Most posters are solid, no doubt some of the harping on the refs gets a bit much, however, I get it. Those that rip on the team and Painter are clueless, Painter and this bunch have had a wonderful year, no one in their right mind would have predicted this. I thought maybe 3-4 Big Ten, 6-7 seed in the dance. That was probably high end really.

I think he was referring to blowing a 21 point halftime lead. I would have said something if they would have lost too and I am a supportive kinda guy. I am sure you couldn’t have fit a needle in his sphincter with the pucker he had to have going on. Those are career defining losses.

Seriously. Writers have their “Purdue is who we thought they were!” story already written. You know they can’t wait to throw dirt on us. Because they were horribly wrong with their predictions and preseason rankings. This is their job for god sakes.

I give the guys a lot of credit for never losing the lead - despite them tying the game - and settling down enough to finish. That game will never be spoken of again. Thank jeebus.

Most posters are solid, no doubt some of the harping on the refs gets a bit much, however, I get it. Those that rip on the team and Painter are clueless, Painter and this bunch have had a wonderful year, no one in their right mind would have predicted this. I thought maybe 3-4 Big Ten, 6-7 seed in the dance. That was probably high end really.
The thing is, there's a major difference between saying "John Doe sucks," and "Man, John Doe needs to start hitting shots." Sometimes emotions get a little carried away with some posters. I haven't watched the clip yet but I'm surprised on its face that it came up.

The thing is, there's a major difference between saying "John Doe sucks," and "Man, John Doe needs to start hitting shots." Sometimes emotions get a little carried away with some posters. I haven't watched the clip yet but I'm surprised on its face that it came up.
It was the very first thing he said when he took the mike at the senior day ceremony.

“Glad we won so some of you won’t talk shit about us on the internet.”

Reactions: tjreese
I dropped my laptop on my toe getting it out to see what Painter said because the video won’t load. So now I have a bloody toe, you better believe I’m gonna talk shit about Painter now! He’s the kind of guy who bloodies peoples’ toes, fire Painter!

It was the very first thing he said when he took the mike at the senior day ceremony.

“Glad we won so some of you won’t talk shit about us on the internet.”
It didn’t stop some of the dbags on several of the Purdue Facebook posts. The people with the least amount of knowledge, are always the most willing to share their ignorance. At least on here it’s mostly anonymous, on FB you can put a picture to their stupidity.

Reactions: mathboy and Schnelk
Seriously. Writers have their “Purdue is who we thought they were!” story already written. You know they can’t wait to throw dirt on us. Because they were horribly wrong with their predictions and preseason rankings. This is their job for god sakes.
Hey, a lot of those writers ranked Purdue #1 for a good chunk of this season. I hope Purdue does turn out to be what they thought we were.

• Love
Reactions: BoilerAndy
So when he says the "internet", you're interpreting that as him reading posts on a free internet website, lol?

If Painter reads the post on this website (I doubt he does), he needs another hobby. By that logic he must gave gotten the idea to insert Newman in the starting line up based on my post from last week!
" Anybody think Painter is contemplating a change at the 3?"

I'm somewhat offended that I didn't get a shout out during the celebration.

Last edited:
So when he says the "internet", you're interpreting that as him reading posts on a free internet website, lol?

If Painter reads the post on this website (I doubt he does), he needs another hobby. By that logic he must gave gotten the idea to insert Newman in the starting line up based on my post from last week!

Hey we invented Tacos here.

There were a lot of people that wanted Brandon before the season for the metrics he "could" offer fitting into the team as a complimentary component. I'm happy for the kid, but mostly happy that a Brandon that doesn't turn it over can be a player that elevates the team. Hopefully, he continues to perform well on D and rebounding and provides a threat offensively as well.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Hard to tell, but there’s a possibility that was aimed more at all the “experts” out there *cough* Field of 68, Seth Davis *cough* who have been killing Purdue and/or the Big Ten lately on podcasts and Twitter. Not necessarily just these fan message boards.

My first thought was that I hope CMP is not spending time directly listening to the "noise" on the internet, like he tells his players not to do. There is probably someone on staff that monitors occasionally and may report back generally what is being said. Or, maybe he hears it 2nd or 3rd hand from his son or friends. No idea, though.

Hard to tell, but there’s a possibility that was aimed more at all the “experts” out there *cough* Field of 68, Seth Davis *cough* who have been killing Purdue and/or the Big Ten lately on podcasts and Twitter. Not necessarily just these fan message boards.
Don't even consider it being these boards, but thoughts align exactly as you say. Matt doesn't care about what this forum or others say...only those on a national stage that might actually affect things as far as rankings and such. Matt's X may read this forum and others, but this forum has NO affect on Matt I believe.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
What is the other platform? I was gone during the Great Purdue Basketball Forum Schism.

On3.com*

* for informational purposes only......no compensation will be received and no recommendation for such platform is being offered.....all rights reserved, and this message may not be copied or reproduced without express written consent (must be read at a rate of 5,000 words per minute)

Yes, Tacos Carroll gets credited to the one and only BBG. :)

And Painter mentioned the nickname during an event, so it somehow made the rounds.
I thought Painter said that started when his phone kept autocorrecting Travis Carroll to Tacos. Been a while, though. My memory could be inaccurate.

On3.com*

* for informational purposes only......no compensation will be received and no recommendation for such platform is being offered.....all rights reserved, and this message may not be copied or reproduced without express written consent (must be read at a rate of 5,000 words per minute)

Ah OK thats what I thought from googling but wanted to double check. This time of year I would be down for participating in two sites cause all I want to do is talk Purdue basketball (work really suffers lol). But looks like that one is pay only so I’ll stay here.

On3.com*

As someone in compliance, I appreciate the inclusion of disclosure language here. 🤣

I believe that's what happened to BBG, IIRC......that certainly would be an explanation, but it ruins the story.....haha. Oh well......

In the video where CMP was mic’d up during the alumni game, he calls Travis “Tacos” then explains to guys on the bench that “it autocorrected to Tacos so “they” started calling him “Tacos”. “They” seemingly refers to the people on the message boards when he’s talking about it. I am fine giving the credit to BBG.

In the video where CMP was mic’d up during the alumni game, he calls Travis “Tacos” then explains to guys on the bench that “it autocorrected to Tacos so “they” started calling him “Tacos”. “They” seemingly refers to the people on the message boards when he’s talking about it. I am fine giving the credit to BBG.
That makes sense.

Idk he coached a game that almost failed take it for what it is worth no one is judging
He also coached a game where he coached his players to a win…I think the gist of this thread is simply the haters versus the supporters( imagine that!). Perception is in the eyes of the beholder. I’m really thankful I’m a glass half full type person as opposed to only seeing the glass half empty. Boiler Up!!

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
He also coached a game where he coached his players to a win…I think the gist of this thread is simply the haters versus the supporters( imagine that!). Perception is in the eyes of the beholder. I’m really thankful I’m a glass half full type person as opposed to only seeing the glass half empty. Boiler Up!!
Seems like the folks who count the “almost lost” games do not also count the “almost won” games… weird.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT