ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue @ Wisconsin: Predictions & Game Thread

Matt Painter is such a. Absolute buffoon.. up by 3 two separate times down the floor amd he doesnt foul Happ A SINGLE FREAKING TIME.. and wisonconsin hits a 3 on each posession

This game is 100% on our horrible coach

Good thing painter kept trevion on the bench half the season, its clear he is not ready.. good thing eiffert continues to play over wheeler who is twice the defender and athlete

My god ths game was free despite us missing 200 fts and the refs giving wisc free pts

All painter had to do was foul happ

Moron

Moron

Thank god qe won but my god what horrible coaching, horrible shot selection, and horrible ft shooting

And refs gave wisc a free 3 pts too

I thought Painter needed to call a TO at the end of regulation just because decision making has been so poor by this team so often this year. I also thought his play call with 46.7 sec left in OT was clutch. He drew a play to get the ball in to Eastern then to Carsen so he could immediately attack. Credit to Carsen for finding the open Eifert on the weakside dive. They got the 2 points, so the 2-for-1 strategy didn't matter, but far to many NCAA coaches don't understand (or coach to) that situation.

Asking for the coach to coach the game correctly makes me a moron??

Not realizing that simply fouling happ down the stretch would have secured the win makes u the moron
ON THE ROAD....HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT...OVERTIME WIN. Why are you not pissing on Edwards for no shot clock understanding? This was a great total team win, including coaching decisions. Try to enjoy it.

I thought Painter needed to call a TO at the end of regulation just because decision making has been so poor by this team so often this year. I also thought his play call with 46.7 sec left in OT was clutch. He drew a play to get the ball in to Eastern then to Carsen so he could immediately attack. Credit to Carsen for finding the open Eifert on the weakside dive. They got the 2 points, so the 2-for-1 strategy didn't matter, but far to many NCAA coaches don't understand (or coach to) that situation.
He basically stated his thinking. He felt he had the ball in the guys hand he wanted with space.

He barely touched the ball. You foul him without ball it’s an intentional foul.

Thats not how it works.. hence why away from ball fouls result in 2 fts.. as long as the ball is in play we could have just hugged happ and it would be 2 happ fts.. can even tell ref ahead of time ur going to do so for him to watch for it. It is clear u guys have no idea how the strategic side of bball works

Asking for the coach to coach the game correctly makes me a moron??

Not realizing that simply fouling happ down the stretch would have secured the win makes u the moron

You never foul when you're winning unless it's on the probable last possession and you're up 3. You NEVER stop the clock to give the other team potential free points when you're ahead. That's not winning basketball.

You never foul when you're winning unless it's on the probable last possession and you're up 3. You NEVER stop the clock to give the other team potential free points when you're ahead. That's not winning basketball.

You guys cant be this uneducated with a purdue degree.. you have to be kidding me

A 3 point lead with less than 30 seconds to go and the opposing team has a 49% free throw shooter.. u foul them, they HAVE to foul you.. worst case u trade fts with a 3 pt lead, most probable outcome is u make more fts than they do... with a 3 point lead.. or u can allow them to get a 3 pointer off in a game that they shot 56% from 3... and rhey hit back to back 3s.

Or u could foul and guarantee that they cant beat u in that posession and pit their 49% ft shooter vs one of our 80% ft shooters

But hey maybe this is too complicated for u guys

Reactions: Boilerscuz
Happ's better than 80% from the floor, less than 50% from the line. Gee, where do I want him shooting from?

"One" of our 80% FT shooters? We have one 80% FT shooter. Plus a bunch of guys 65% or worse. Don't give me Cline. He is not a good FT shooter. Never has been. You saw what Trevion did and you know what Nojel does. If we in fact had several 80% guys I might be inclined to agree. But even then it's a stretch. You never purposely extend a game when you're winning. Only in the final seconds up 3. Honestly when Nojel fouled Trice I thought it was a bit early. Would have liked it at 6 instead of 9 but it worked out since he missed one anyway.

Reactions: PurdueDave
To add to that Carsen hasn't exactly been known for making clutch FTs in his career. Florida State?

Any chance you saw the Minn/Wisc game? Minnesota effectively crippled a late comeback by fouling Happ when he was setting up to score. This isn't like some kinda secret sauce, never tried before.

Reactions: DannyGranger
Decent win. Wisy is not good.
In the other hand..... I git shitfaced tonight and fell into the fire pit d. Have third degree burns. Nit haoou. B

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT