ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue @ Wisconsin: Predictions & Game Thread

Williams is gonna be a BEAST...
Now I can see why Izzo wanted Tre. He could have sat a year or two behind the current bigs and gotten himself in great shape and been an absolute monster as a RS sophomore. He is a very typical Izzo 4/5. Nice to see him starting to round in to form and the fact he didn’t really start playing until the conference season might mean he doesn’t hit the freshman wall around February.

Last edited:
Reactions: purduepat1969
Now I can see why Izzo wanted Trez. He could have sat a year or two behind the current bigs and gotten himself in great shape and been an absolute monster as a RS sophomore. He is a very typical Izzo 4/5. Nice to see him starting to round in to form and the fact he didn’t really start playing until the conference season might mean he doesn’t hit the freshman wall around February.
Hopefully Paint slowly working his time up will hep him avoid said wall.

I hope he dedicates himself to the weight room all summer and comes back in the fall down another 30-50 with added muscle.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Any chance you saw the Minn/Wisc game? Minnesota effectively crippled a late comeback by fouling Happ when he was setting up to score. This isn't like some kinda secret sauce, never tried before.

I did not see the end of that game no. But the last thing I will add to this debate is that Haarms and Tre both had 4 fouls going into overtime I believe.

A few comments mention that Painter should have called timeout at the end of regulation. In this game I think letting them play on was the right call.

It’s the damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

Play on was the right call IMO because we have a history of not even getting a shot off when we come out of a timeout. TO would have allowed Wiscy defenders to get set and ready. I believe there is a much higher chance of an easy bucket from a confused defender when in transition. Plus the ball being in the hands of the guy you want. My opinion it was the right call, just ended up being a poor split second decision to shoot it from Milwaukee. Luckily it became moot.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
A few comments mention that Painter should have called timeout at the end of regulation. In this game I think letting them play on was the right call.

It’s the damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

Play on was the right call IMO because we have a history of not even getting a shot off when we come out of a timeout. TO would have allowed Wiscy defenders to get set and ready. I believe there is a much higher chance of an easy bucket from a confused defender when in transition. Plus the ball being in the hands of the guy you want. My opinion it was the right call, just ended up being a poor split second decision to shoot it from Milwaukee. Luckily it became moot.
I think in most instances you allow your players to play BUT with Carsen’s mindset I think you call a TO to give him some structure to operate out of.

Reactions: Boiler_Pete99
Now I can see why Izzo wanted Tre. He could have sat a year or two behind the current bigs and gotten himself in great shape and been an absolute monster as a RS sophomore. He is a very typical Izzo 4/5. Nice to see him starting to round in to form and the fact he didn’t really start playing until the conference season might mean he doesn’t hit the freshman wall around February.
I have come to believe that one of Izzo’s Long term strategies is to directly recruit anyone Painter wants. It might be the best way to beat Matt on the court. Nice to know that we beat MSU for both Eastern, and now Williams. For some reason I was not aware of that.

Thats not how it works.. hence why away from ball fouls result in 2 fts.. as long as the ball is in play we could have just hugged happ and it would be 2 happ fts.. can even tell ref ahead of time ur going to do so for him to watch for it. It is clear u guys have no idea how the strategic side of bball works

You need to learn the rules of basketball before giving coaching advice.

If you intentionally foul away from the ball, its two shots and possession for Wisconsin.

So your suggestion is to tell the officials ahead of time you are about ready to commit an intentional foul?

Wow!

Reactions: BoilerAndy
While I'm happy with every road win a win at Wiscy doesn't seem as big without the Count on their bench.

While I'm happy with every road win a win at Wiscy doesn't seem as big without the Count on their bench.

For old times' sake......again.

bo-ryan-dancing-1.gif

488588950.gif

flamecoach2.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT