ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Indiana (Game Thread)

We are always one player away from being FF possible. This year is PG...we have no one that is good. IT had 8 points but how much does he give up defensively...a lot. Seniors sucked tonight!

Reactions: 02BoilerUp
Because CMP is a terrible in game coach. He made zero adjustments to make IU have to work to get into its offense. If his game plan doesn’t work Purdue is screwed, because he cannot adjust. If it wasn’t for angry Ivey that would have been ugly. CMP straight up got out coached by a sub par NBA coach whose best player spent almost the whole game on the bench. Please tell me again how it is just a matter of time until he gets a NCAA championship. He is who he is. The sample size is more than big enough.

Plus, absolutely brilliant coaching to put Sasha who is at best marginal on defense on the guy having the best game of his career at the end of the game. Sometimes I am convinced he has zero awareness.
Sasha is our best defender. Stats prove it, previous announcers have pointed it out. No one else except Edey even comes close....

Painter shouldn't allow Ivey to watch Sports Center or Ja Morant the rest of the season.

I’ve been saying it all year. Painter may have screwed his chance at a NC by not getting a PG in the portal. We have the other pieces. Ius guards tore us up.
I wouldn’t trade anyone for the Johnson guy but Phinisee shouldn’t be able to get in the lane at will.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Every fan base says this about their best player. "If he would have done what I do on rookie mode of NBA2K he'd be way better."

I used to say the same thing about Carsen. Then I realized guys like him are the only chance of me seeing Purdue in a final four in my lifetime. Lot more problems than whatever you think makes him a moron to fix if we're not seeing another tournament flop.

When Sasha is the guy trying to run around and close out their hottest shooter in Phinesee, we are in a whole heap of trouble. CMP leaving him in there to chase around their hot hand is just mind blowing.

Sasha is our best defender. Stats prove it, previous announcers have pointed it out. No one else except Edey even comes close....
Haha, that is a good one. Sasha routinely gets burned, cannot fight through screens and is slow closing out on three point shooters. That being said, we don’t have a good permitter defender this year so he may get the title by virtue of a lack of competition, but that is like being king of the jackasses. Someone has to have the title but not exactly an honor.

Every fan base says this about their best player. "If he would have done what I do on rookie mode of NBA2K he'd be way better."

I used to say the same thing about Carsen. Then I realized guys like him are the only chance of me seeing Purdue in a final four in my lifetime. Lot more problems than whatever you think makes him a moron to fix if we're not seeing another tournament flop.
I dont think you get what I am trying to say. Everyone has mistakes and bad games, etc...but Ivey makes things so much worse with his selfish bull in a china shop nonsense. Its literally dumb, careless basketball.

I’ve been saying it all year. Painter may have screwed his chance at a NC by not getting a PG in the portal. We have the other pieces. Ius guards tore us up.
100% accurate. It's 100% on his back. Had to assume from his praise that he was confident in Morton playing point because obviously we knew from past experience that Hunter was a decent backup at best. IT was a liability at all times. Who does that leave? I guess from lack of pursuit, I believed that CMP had belief in EM. Either he was totally wrong or we were totally wrong to trust him on that.

Let's face it. It hurts to say but this time will be lucky to get to the sweet 16. We could have easily lost another 3-4 games already.

could not believe his last shot didn't touch the rim, in the first half, I rhought he was throwing the game it looked that bad.
Physical D Is usually a struggle for tre, but his whole game was effected. So many things could be pointed towards this loss, but something as simple as Zach making half his fts would be enough since Purdue would have some cushion a

100% accurate. It's 100% on his back. Had to assume from his praise that he was confident in Morton playing point because obviously we knew from past experience that Hunter was a decent backup at best. IT was a liability at all times. Who does that leave? I guess from lack of pursuit, I believed that CMP had belief in EM. Either he was totally wrong or we were totally wrong to trust him on that.
Wondering how this team looks with the hometown kid who torched us tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT