ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Indiana (Game Thread)

Also Edey and Williams were in together on one of their last 2 possessions. Why the hell would you do that now when you haven't all year?

Reactions: pmsullivan85
7-17 from the line, 12 turnovers (to IU's 3; both teams with only 2 in the 2nd half), and we just barely lost. Yeah, it sucks, but the streak wasn't going to last forever. If we can just play a 'normal' game in Mackey, we should beat them and start another streak. :)

Really, I thought both teams played like sh!t. Terrible free throw shooting and lots of weird mistakes. The Purdue guards have got to get it together in time for the tournament. We're really behind the eight ball in terms of the Big Ten race. The home loss to Wisconsin and the Rutgers loss mean we're going to have to pick up some wins in tough venues on the road.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
The rule of thumb is take the tie when home. Woodson could see things have changed and went for the win twice
That was smart. Put more pressure on our last possession. Gamble paid off.

7-17 from the line, 12 turnovers (to IU's 3; both teams with only 2 in the 2nd half), and we just barely lost. Yeah, it sucks, but the streak wasn't going to last forever. If we can just play a 'normal' game in Mackey, we should beat them and start another streak. :)

Really, I thought both teams played like sh!t. Terrible free throw shooting and lots of weird mistakes. The Purdue guards have got to get it together in time for the tournament. We're really behind the eight ball in terms of the Big Ten race. The home loss to Wisconsin and the Rutgers loss mean we're going to have to pick up some wins in tough venues on the road.
It’s getting old talking about our guards turning it over too much and getting beat off the dribble wayyyyyyy too much. It’s like it’s an actual problem…

Welp I don’t often disagree w Paint but man I wanted Edey in on that last possession and was hoping for a post feed. He either makes or gets fouled and makes at least one. Did not need that embarrassing low percentage Ivey forced shot. With how Trey can pass from the top the key I would have liked the options to dump to Edey in the post or Ovey on a drive. Oh well. Gotta give it to IU. Best post entry pass denial we have seen all year. Kudos to them for the win but damn what a lame way to spoil that comeback run.

Reactions: tjreese
I don't understand that limp hand waving defense by Sasha on Phinisee's shot
Have you watched him play D...ever? (Why was he even on the court then to begin with?)
Without him, we lose by 10. He just needs to make the right play, not the great play.
If Tre has an average game we win.
Ivey is a walking highlight, but it usually seems like he and the team are playing two different games.

Also Edey and Williams were in together on one of their last 2 possessions. Why the hell would you do that now when you haven't all year?
Because CMP is a terrible in game coach. He made zero adjustments to make IU have to work to get into its offense. If his game plan doesn’t work Purdue is screwed, because he cannot adjust. If it wasn’t for angry Ivey that would have been ugly. CMP straight up got out coached by a sub par NBA coach whose best player spent almost the whole game on the bench. Please tell me again how it is just a matter of time until he gets a NCAA championship. He is who he is. The sample size is more than big enough.

Plus, absolutely brilliant coaching to put Sasha who is at best marginal on defense on the guy having the best game of his career at the end of the game. Sometimes I am convinced he has zero awareness.

This sounds familiar. And to think that a four 3 weeks ago, people were saying they’d still rather have IT and Hunter over X Johnson. Give me a freaking break.
It’s getting old talking about our guards turning it over too much and getting beat off the dribble wayyyyyyy too much. It’s like it’s an actual problemz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT