ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Illinois: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

our defense is making the Illini defense look fairly good. We only get the ball back after a made basket or a silly Illini turnover. Guerrier was on fire against us last time and has been Garbo since then until tonight.

Gonna be one of those nights. Fairly meaningless game for us, their Super Bowl, might turn this one off early tonight

Wth Fletch? Good Lord, Boilers. Those last two possessions were golden chances to get back in this......Painter gonna be livid at the half I think.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Illini getting offense from someone not expected

Painter doesn’t even let his players get a shot

Cam and Colvin don’t have the confidence to even shoot or play

Purdue will need 48+ to win.

Illinois a normal porous D team is actually playing a little D tonight.....hope their D gives a little in H2.

Horrendous rebounding and defense.

Every 50/50 ball went their way

Lots of questionable fouls

It appears we have the Lance Jones everyone said we were going to get. Not passing on the fast break was atrocious. Can’t hit a shot.

Illini silly turnovers are the only reason this is 6 and not a complete blow out.

The rebounding reminds me of the Illini game where Painter sat some of the starters and put in John Hart.

Get ready to hear how Illini would have swept us if they had their therapist

Reactions: Zaphod_B
As bad as that half seemed to go, I feel fortunate to only be trailing by 6.
lack of rebounding, D is pretty bad ( there were 5 made baskets right at Zack, messed up some fast break layups, Heide all alone under basket and he passes it out 18 ft , and their frenchman hit 3 3's a miracle, TKR don't know about his play sometimes

Reactions: Schnelk
Let's see what guards come out in the 2nd half. If, it's the overly shocked and timid guards then we will lose. If, it's the aggressive and attacking guards we will win. Let's go guys!

Reactions: drewjin
3:27 left - if Purdue could somehow keep this under eight at the half - that wouldn't be terrible. Starting to get a little rhythm......HAVE to match the effort and compete, though......Illini aren't backing down to nobody's surprise.
Illinois never had Shannon much the first half and Zach has two fouls. Purdue can play much better. Can Illinois? Sometime after the game is over I want to go back to around 11 minutes to go in the first half and catch the Purdue players on D,

Need more out of everyone not named Zach, but I would be happier with even more out of Zach 😁

Reactions: Zaphod_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT