ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Final thoughts from last night for me.

The bad: Purdue was sloppy defensively, nothing new there. FT shooting was, again, poor. I think we went away from the post too much one their big's got into foul trouble. Allowing them to stay in the game longer than they should have been imo. Loyer struggled to impact the game.

The good: Braden Smith was great. Guy did everything to help us win last night. Starting to see a lot of confidence and understanding of how he can impact the game. His 1v1 play was really good as well and helped us get shots when the offense was stagnant. Jones was solid in the 2nd half. Took a few 3's I didn't care for but overall, like Smith, did what was needed to win come crunch time. Edey is Edey... Just need to try to get that Ft stroke back... Morton played well defensively and made good decisions on the offensive side when the ball was in his hands. Gillis was also great. Hit 2 big 3's late. Oh and only 3 TO's the 2nd half and that's a huge reason they were able to come back and win comfortably.

Wasn't the best game from the good guys but ended up doing more than enough to secure the win against a team that REALLY needed this game. This team looks different this year... Hope to keep seeing them locked in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT