ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Decision

Except that he is. He isn't elite sure, but you have to get there and get to those s16s first before you get a FF. That fact remains also.

Dude, you can't argue that Painter has been a successful tourney coach. The fact is that he hasn't taken some pretty good teams very far in the tournament. It's kind of hard to refute that fact.

Reactions: RawfNader
Dude, you can't argue that Painter has been a successful tourney coach. The fact is that he hasn't taken some pretty good teams very far in the tournament. It's kind of hard to refute that fact.
I don’t think anyone is. What I think some of us are saying is that making a Final Four or Elite 8 wouldn’t change our opinion of him. The tourney is so much about things out of a coach’s control like draw, matchups, injuries, game location, etc. This year we could get an easy draw like Michigan and make a FF. Does Painter suddenly become a good coach? When did Jay Wright become good? We are a great program with a very solid coach consistently performing at the top 5-10% of D1. And I’m positive one day we’ll be a FF team. But my opinion of him won’t change as long as he keeps running this program the right way making all of us proud we’re not like these other programs.

Yep, this thread has gone just about how I thought it would

It's a shame really, we are (mostly) all Boilers here and trying to figure what makes a teenager tick is an effort in futility. He apparently picked somewhere else, so what? We will be good regardless.

@Treed thanks for trying to keep things in perspective
Hey decision hasn’t been made yet but whatever he does it best for him. I been through
You says "I'm not trying to pick a fight, it's just that your comment rubs me the wrong way", but I won't hold anything against someone that old and senile, knowing someday 30+ years from now I'll old and senile just like you.

Treed, we appreciate you and your son for choosing Purdue. He came from a great high school in Evanston and made the right decision.

But when someone like Hall chooses MSU over Purdue knowing the following facts it just does not make sense.

*Purdue will have greater playing time for him right from the beginning.
*Purdue better academically (not sure if that matters).
*Purdue closer to his home town Aurora, IL (2.5 vs 4 hrs)
*Is East Lansing better town? I've been to East Lansing and it's kind of a dump, so no.
*Does MSU have better facilities? Not really, I say we have similar facilities.

So the only logical explanation is MSU sold it better and close the deal better than us. What we need is a recruiter that can close like Fife and Schilling.
1st off no decision has been made yet let it play out. Sir everything you say makes sense I get it and still my conclusion is this the coaches did there job what is it you think those other guys did that the Purdue coaches didn’t do. Put yourself in there shoes tell me this if you no you did all you could and sold your program opportunities of playing time,academics ,location facilities the fan base everything is there to be successful and that kid still chose to go elsewhere what can you say than you are the recruiter. My son chose Purdue over that school and other schools that was heavily recruiting him but in the end once official visits were done he and I sat down talked about each school and what matters to him my son than made his decision I did not and I supported his decision bcuz this his his life. All I can say as a parent who went through the process some coaches promises you the world often time they don’t live up to those promises and I made it a point to tell every coach who recruited my son don’t promise me or my son anything he’ll earn his playing time and opportunities and he did. This staff kept it real I respected that other coaches didn’t some I caught them in lies than I let that go. Sir these coaches spend hours and hours away from there families doing there job so not think they are not working bcuzthey are doing all they can to show a player what an opportunity playing at Purdue will be sometimes it works sometimes it don’t that is up to that kid and parents nothing a coach or coaches are not doing to let that player no how much they are needed and wanted and sometimes that’s just not enough not a coaches fault or lack of pitch of landing those players. Not getting top 50 players doesn’t necessarily changes your chances of winning a natl Championship if that is the case Kentucky duke Kansas all who have been successful and won championships just not in the last 4 years how well is that working out for them now and they have many top 25 players its all about Fit and team comradely if you don’t get along and not think you bigger than the team won’t work sir but if they all about team and chemistry which this team has you can win many games LOYOLA comes to mind. This team is gonna good they all here for a reason and ready to prove the belong and will tell college writers don’t be fooled about ranking it’s all about liking each other and playing for each other as brothers they do that we’ll be in Minnesota

Reactions: Monk1014
This is comical! We are talking about kids playing basketball. You would think the world just collapsed. Biggie, would get up earlier and play longer than anyone I know. Rosie, knew the opportunity at Purdue to excel and he did. JJJ tried to do the same at MSU and it somewhat failed. Zeke or Malik haven't chosen a different team as of today. If they do, I will support the Boilers regardless.

I believe his sister's tweet posted above is probably the most telling and revealing. She's already talking about people being disappointed and they should respect her brother's decision as being the best one for him - not for the school. it's as if she knows his decision is going to make a lot of people sad.

I don't follow twitter. So I will ask, What school has provided hall the most tweets and twitter followings? Purdue ? or MSU?

Twitter is definitely in favor of Purdue. I'd say Instagram is a bit more of a mix. But his Purdue official posts on both platforms have the most likes compared to the other schools.

Would have loved to have had Robbie and Haas during those runs. Hard to refute that as well.

With one of the better teams we had, in 2016, Painter's team went down to Little Rock in the first round. And Painter was outcoached at the end of the game. Hard to refute that.

This is comical! We are talking about kids playing basketball. You would think the world just collapsed. Biggie, would get up earlier and play longer than anyone I know. Rosie, knew the opportunity at Purdue to excel and he did. JJJ tried to do the same at MSU and it somewhat failed. Zeke or Malik haven't chosen a different team as of today. If they do, I will support the Boilers regardless.

And so will i. I've supported them in excess of 30 years. Just because I disagree with some posters on here doesn't mean I don't support the team. This is a discussion board, not a pep club.

And so will i. I've supported them in excess of 30 years. Just because I disagree with some posters on here doesn't mean I don't support the team. This is a discussion board, not a pep club.

Nor should it be a coach/player/program hackfest either.

I don’t think anyone is. What I think some of us are saying is that making a Final Four or Elite 8 wouldn’t change our opinion of him. The tourney is so much about things out of a coach’s control like draw, matchups, injuries, game location, etc. This year we could get an easy draw like Michigan and make a FF. Does Painter suddenly become a good coach? When did Jay Wright become good? We are a great program with a very solid coach consistently performing at the top 5-10% of D1. And I’m positive one day we’ll be a FF team. But my opinion of him won’t change as long as he keeps running this program the right way making all of us proud we’re not like these other programs.

No argument on running things the right way. I respect Painter, alot. But I don't believe he's a consistently good recruiter or a good tournament coach. And unfortunately, the tournament is how lengendary and top programs are gauged.

Sounds more like a bitch fest! If, I wanted to hear that kind of talk. I guess I could go shopping with a bunch of women.

Just curious, why would Purdue be in his top 3 and Kansas out if that were the case? Purdue just went to two sweet 16s. Hall may pick MSU, but that’s a turd of a post.

Look, only one team can get him. Painter has done everything right and has done an impressive job over the last 4 years at developing players and getting players drafted. If Hall comes to Purdue, especially with Zeke, I guarantee a final four (so long as freak injuries stay away). This squad has that much potential.
You do realize that making a sweet 16 is no great feat? 2 wins is all it takes. That is why the elite eight, and more so the final four mean something.

Sounds more like a bitch fest! If, I wanted to hear that kind of talk. I guess I could go shopping with a bunch of women.

And we go to personal attacks when we don't like others opinions. Again, I thought this was a discussion board where othero Purdue supporter's opinions could be stated?

Never said it wouldn't have impacted the game. The idiot I responded to said that Purdue WOULD have been in the Final 4 IF only Haas was healthy. You and I both know that is ridiculous as nobody was touching Villanova that tournament, Purdue included with or without a healthy Haas. Is it probably a closer game if Haas plays, sure, but it's not even a given that Purdue beats TT with a healthy Haas. These hypothetical, what-if F4's as an excuse for keeping Painter are nauseating.
Nauseating? That would be your attempt at having a rational discussion. If you are even trying, you just can't control yourself enough to do it.

And we go to personal attacks when we don't like others opinions. Again, I thought this was a discussion board where othero Purdue supporter's opinions could be stated?
Not a personal attack at all. Just sick of all the CMP haters. He's our coach and a very good coach! We need to support our kids. Seems we get lost in what kid doesn't commit and then the CMP bashing begans.

They would have to be IU fans. Purdue women don't bitch about the Boilers. Only the men who think they are entitled to a Final Four do that.

Not a personal attack at all. Just sick of all the CMP haters. He's our coach and a very good coach! We need to support our kids. Seems we get lost in what kid doesn't commit and then the CMP bashing begans.

I think you're getting hate and criticism confused. I don't hate Painter. I don't think he's a bad coach. I just don't think he's a very good recruiter or a very good tournament coach. And if you believe fans shouldn't be able to express criticism of that, then you're being the unreasonable and unrealistic one.

I think you're getting hate and criticism confused. I don't hate Painter. I don't think he's a bad coach. I just don't think he's a very good recruiter or a very good tournament coach. And if you believe fans shouldn't be able to express criticism of that, then you're being the unreasonable and unrealistic one.
Nope, not confused. What was your reaction after Newman committed? One kid may sway a different direction and instantly you bash CMP. If Hall commits you'll probably praise CMP. Reminds me of hatred for sure..like the IU fans treated Crean.

Pat, you are likely the worst poster on a board that provides plenty of competition for that title. You consistently cherry pick arguements that half support your position, ignore valid points made by others if they refute your position and put labels on those who disagree with you.

I’d ignore your posts but watching you work is far too entertaining. Congratulations, you are the king!

But is it unreasonable to disagree with criticisms and present reasons?

Pat, you are likely the worst poster on a board that provides plenty of competition for that title. You consistently cherry pick arguements that half support your position, ignore valid points made by others if they refute your position and put labels on those who disagree with you.

I’d ignore your posts but watching you work is far too entertaining. Congratulations, you are the king!
But is it unreasonable to disagree with criticisms and present reasons?

Nope. That's why it's called a discussion board. But of course I'm "bashing" Painter when I provide criticism...

Your opinion. And I've seen some pretty crazy ones from you...

Reactions: northside100
Well he is a heck of a recruiter for MSU, and stays in contact
Oh wow! Holy shit, It took only a few minutes for the MSU PC Police to arrive. I didn't even flash the Izzo symbol in the sky with my flashlight before you guys got back to us.

Tell me, do you MSU boys monitor all the different rivals boards?

Reactions: BoilerAndy
With one of the better teams we had, in 2016, Painter's team went down to Little Rock in the first round. And Painter was outcoached at the end of the game. Hard to refute that.
Painter has had two bad losses in NCAA tournament games at Purdue, VCU and ALR, but VCU also beat the #1 seed on the way to the Final Four and 5/12 losses happen very often in the NCAA tournament. Overall, Painter has done pretty much what is expected in the tournament. I always have thought that Painter was two Robbie Hummel ACL tears away from at least one Final Four.

If you watched that game and think the way you do, you don’t know basketball. Or any other sport for that matter.

Painter has had two bad losses in NCAA tournament games at Purdue, VCU and ALR, but VCU also beat the #1 seed on the way to the Final Four and 5/12 losses happen very often in the NCAA tournament. Overall, Painter has done pretty much what is expected in the tournament. I always have thought that Painter was two Robbie Hummel ACL tears away from at least one Final Four.

For the most part agree with your assessment BD. I’d argue that despite the seeding, it’s hard to hold Matt accountable for losing to a VCU team that ended up in the FF. ALR was a bad loss, no excuses there and they gave away the game vs Cinci the prior year.

I’d also add last year’s IH injury to the two RH ACL’s as missed FF opportunities, although some would call all three of those injuries an excuse.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Oh wow! Holy shit, It took only a few minutes for the MSU PC Police to arrive. I didn't even flash the Izzo symbol in the sky with my flashlight before you guys got back to us.

I get it, Izzo is batman and you're the joker. Sounds about right.

You looking for a board where you can post b.s., unchallenged?

I think I speak for most MSU rivals posters when I say we absolutely love a good PU message board meltdown when we land a kid y’all covet. You guys have so much venom for Izzo and spew so much hyperbole here that it’s pretty easy for us to relish in your losses. This lot is so different from the PU fans I actually know and converse with. Not unlike any other fan message board contingent though. Good luck tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT