ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Decision

Nope, don't know it at all. Thanks for your opinion.
Sports are highly debatable, but that kid from LRA hit two of three out of his mind three’s with a defender all over him. Sure you could point the the other 35 min and say we they did not do enough, but those highly contested shot from about five feet from behind the three point line won them the game.

I think I speak for most MSU rivals posters when I say we absolutely love a good PU message board meltdown when we land a kid y’all covet. You guys have so much venom for Izzo and spew so much hyperbole here that it’s pretty easy for us to relish in your losses. This lot is so different from the PU fans I actually know and converse with. Not unlike any other fan message board contingent though. Good luck tomorrow.
Blanket statement about everyone on this board? Anyway, enjoy your team, University, coach and and the stigma that is MSU.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Never said it wouldn't have impacted the game. The idiot I responded to said that Purdue WOULD have been in the Final 4 IF only Haas was healthy. You and I both know that is ridiculous as nobody was touching Villanova that tournament, Purdue included with or without a healthy Haas. Is it probably a closer game if Haas plays, sure, but it's not even a given that Purdue beats TT with a healthy Haas. These hypothetical, what-if F4's as an excuse for keeping Painter are nauseating.

If no one was touching Villanova last year ( and I don’t disagree) then anyone looking at it logically would have to deduce that the Luck of the Draw as to which region one was in would have as much if not more cause and effect on who made the Final Four last year than Painter and his Staff..... which really doesn’t strengthen anti-Painter arguments.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
Painter has had two bad losses in NCAA tournament games at Purdue, VCU and ALR, but VCU also beat the #1 seed on the way to the Final Four and 5/12 losses happen very often in the NCAA tournament. Overall, Painter has done pretty much what is expected in the tournament. I always have thought that Painter was two Robbie Hummel ACL tears away from at least one Final Four.

I don't disagree with your assessment. But those two losses to VCU and Little Rock were in years where Purdue had two of their higher seedings and better teams under Painter (#3 and #4 seedings respectively). Purdue doesn't consistently get seedings that high, so those two losses really hurt.

Sports are highly debatable, but that kid from LRA hit two of three out of his mind three’s with a defender all over him. Sure you could point the the other 35 min and say we they did not do enough, but those highly contested shot from about five feet from behind the three point line won them the game.

They should have never been in a position to lose that game. They blew a double digit lead with very little time remaining and Painter mismanaged the last several minutes of the game while ALR was pressing hard. If you can't see that, then you really don't know basketball very well. See how that works?

They should have never been in a position to lose that game. They blew a double digit lead with very little time remaining and Painter mismanaged the last several minutes of the game while ALR was pressing hard. If you can't see that, then you really don't know basketball very well. See how that works?
You win! Like I said it’s debatable. You choose why they lost and I will do the same. I am not going to pin it on Painter.

They made a bunch of low percentage shots but it never should have been close, Purdue had that game won and let them back in. You lose games on lucky shots in the NCAAT when you let teams hang around. Doesn’t make Painter a bad coach but that shouldn’t have happened.

I think I speak for most MSU rivals posters when I say we absolutely love a good PU message board meltdown when we land a kid y’all covet. You guys have so much venom for Izzo and spew so much hyperbole here that it’s pretty easy for us to relish in your losses. This lot is so different from the PU fans I actually know and converse with. Not unlike any other fan message board contingent though. Good luck tomorrow.

I think I speak for most Purdue posters who believe MSU is a scumbag university who allows sexual predators to flourish.

Some in here want to discount Painter for the fact that Barnes helped guide Biggie toward Purdue rather than Biggie wanting Purdue straight out of the gate. Well guess what? Being a good recruiter and closing sometimes involves selling the parents too. And that's exactly what Painter did with Barnes. Barnes wasn't gonna guide Biggie to Purdue if he didn't think it was a good fit and good business decision. Painter convinced him it was, and that's what ultimately sealed the deal. Sometimes being a good recruiter means recruiting the people in the inner circle. I give him all the credit in the world for landing Biggie. And yes, it was a good recruiting win over MSU not some write-off win because Barnes attended Purdue.

Biggie stated publicly that he originally wanted to come to Purdue and wanted Painter to offer him early in his basketball career but that Painter wanted Biggie to lose more weight and continue to get more physically fit before Purdue offered him. That ticked Biggie off being young and emotional so he then didn’t want to come to Purdue. Only when Dad insisted he look at it from a business decision did he change and commit to Purdue....And then he loved life at Purdue...and Painter. None of that is from friends who know friends of players friends but rather from interviews I have read that Biggie directly gave to the media. I choose to believe Biggie.....

I think everyone should have a bowl of Skyline Chili from @Purdue85 and call it a night. You’ll wake up with terrible stomach pains and be admitted to the hospital sometime overnight and will be in the OR when he makes his decision. That will make this whole thing go by quicker.

I’m an arrogant prick for pointing out that nobody came within single digits of Villanova in their 6 tournament games?

No

For this

The idiot I responded to said that Purdue WOULD have been in the Final 4 IF only Haas was healthy. These hypothetical, what-if F4's as an excuse for keeping Painter are nauseating.

I think everyone should have a bowl of Skyline Chili from @Purdue85 and call it a night. You’ll wake up with terrible stomach pains and be admitted to the hospital sometime overnight and will be in the OR when he makes his decision. That will make this whole thing go by quicker.

I miss my days of living in Springboro, OH, and my Skyline Chili. The closest I have come is Steak and Shake, but it's just not the same. And the frozen skyline chili isn't close to the real thing either. and neither is the skyline chili in a can. You can have your White Castle and BWW.. Give me Skyline chili - fresh from the store! I need a road trip. Are there any Skyline chilis in Indiana? I have a couple of track meets coming up at UK, IU and ISU.

Admittedly skyline chili also has an effect on my digestive system much like a White Castle burger. But it's worth the pain.

Good God what a miserable fan base you guys are.
th

Hey let’s get ready for some basketball tomorrow no matter what happens tomorrow this team needs our support. They ready to show who they are since so many counting them out. I am on this team bandwagon not just bcuz my son is on this team but bcuz I see the potential of this team and when season starts some of you might have change of thoughts of this team potential. Give them some games under there belt we will see a team jelling together playing together for one another. They gonna have that pit bull mentality with chips on there shoulders wanting to prove doubters wrong. I’m buying stock now those of you don’t to bad these young pups ready to keep that train rolling see y’all tomorrow.

Hey let’s get ready for some basketball tomorrow no matter what happens tomorrow this team needs our support. They ready to show who they are since so many counting them out. I am on this team bandwagon not just bcuz my son is on this team but bcuz I see the potential of this team and when season starts some of you might have change of thoughts of this team potential. Give them some games under there belt we will see a team jelling together playing together for one another. They gonna have that pit bull mentality with chips on there shoulders wanting to prove doubters wrong. I’m buying stock now those of you don’t to bad these young pups ready to keep that train rolling see y’all tomorrow.
I’m right there with you mom. I was just injecting some humor for these folks!

I look forward to every year and seeing how these kids and the program grow.

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
I miss my days of living in Springboro, OH, and my Skyline Chili. The closest I have come is Steak and Shake, but it's just not the same. And the frozen skyline chili isn't close to the real thing either. and neither is the skyline chili in a can. You can have your White Castle and BWW.. Give me Skyline chili - fresh from the store! I need a road trip. Are there any Skyline chilis in Indiana? I have a couple of track meets coming up at UK, IU and ISU.

Admittedly skyline chili also has an effect on my digestive system much like a White Castle burger. But it's worth the pain.
You liking Skyline explains a lot about you! TIC

Reactions: Purdue85
They made a bunch of low percentage shots but it never should have been close, Purdue had that game won and let them back in. You lose games on lucky shots in the NCAAT when you let teams hang around. Doesn’t make Painter a bad coach but that shouldn’t have happened.
This is true. I remember walking away from the game up 7, thinking we would win easily and then I came back to the shot that tied it and sent it into OT. We gave that game a way.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I’ll be there tomorrow. Looking forward to my first glimpse of this team.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Oh wow! Holy shit, It took only a few minutes for the MSU PC Police to arrive. I didn't even flash the Izzo symbol in the sky with my flashlight before you guys got back to us.

Tell me, do you MSU boys monitor all the different rivals boards?

I don’t know about him but I heard about a possible Purdue fan suicide watch from the Purdue faithful on TMB.

Thread isn’t living up to their hype other than than seeing M$U (which I honestly had never seen before) a boatload and the occasional JJJ lie.

Sooo I'm ready for this season, how about everyone else?!
Boy I’m so ready and geeked Im buying stock now some of y’all might think I’m crazy or just a mom supporting her son nope I’m a person who knows basketball bcuz I played it traveled the world watching my son play refereeing all over especially the Midwest area I’ve see plenty of talent and hyped up talent this team gonna be a problem once they find there identity when they do get your popcorn ready a show coming to an arena near you.

This, ABSOLUTELY! I'm going to watch Cline hit 10 3-pointers with 10 assists from Nojel!

Good luck tomorrow? Nothing is being won or lost tomorrow. We only play our games on the court. We'll see you in a few months.

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT