ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Decision

Toss up. Anyone’s guess at this point, in my opinion.

Seems like it. We’ve recruited the daylights out of this kid. I would like to still think we are the favorite. But there’s always that nagging doubt that no matter how much time we put in, it might not be enough with M$U and Oregon in the mix.

Reactions: hunkgolden
Seems like it. We’ve recruited the daylights out of this kid. I would like to still think we are the favorite. But there’s always that nagging doubt that no matter how much time we put in, it might not be enough with M$U and Oregon in the mix.
Totally agree.. I wonder if he has decided. Could be just waiting on his video to be posted to be finished up.

Reactions: Boiler Barracuda
Announces right be Zeke's visit.... I hope we get Malik but I have seen this dog and pony show before and the ending sucks

Tyger, Francis, and Armaan killed me. Now I find myself just as invested in another kid. I don't know what I'll do if we can't get it him. But maybe this will work out like the Armaan and Brandon situation where we get the "better" player in Zeke.

That worried me too. Maybe it is just a bit early and he'll like some Purdue stuff later. He is liking Purdue comments on Instagram. Liked a comment by Mason Gillis. Maybe this isn't quite a done deal. Though from past posts, he seems to like every comment on his Instagram....

As I said he has begun to like some Purdue related tweets. Liked Isaiah Thompson's message and some other pro-Purdue stuff. Interested in how the crystal ball may start to move. I know it usually doesn't start to go wild until the announcement day, but the ball has no predictions for MSU yet. We know that insider for MSU even changed his pick to Oregon a while ago. Can't help but feel MSU are a stronger threat than Oregon though.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I've never been a star athlete but to me the chance to take a good program with quality players, coaches and facilities to the next level like a Final Four would be more appealing to me than just another guy in a long list of guys at a Blue blood. To go down as the guy that got them there would be awesome. He would be praised for a lifetime here. Much like what Brohm talked about with football. Anyone can win at the top schools with the 5 stars but there's something good at Purdue and a hunger to get there.
I mean who wouldn't want to play at Mackey. Plus our fan base is fantastic

Quincy Gurrier’s decision Wednesday to (probably) Oregon could affect Oregon’s chances here.

I hope like hell he becomes a Boiler. That being said, if he doesn't see the opportunity he has at PU and chooses elsewhere, then so be it. This train will keep on rolling . I don't think CMP can recruit any harder...…….without getting dirty that is. Boiler Up Malik!

and significantly more than our competition.

hmm, how can we possibly know this? Just like everything in life, I've learned that "effort" doesn't mean much without the desired result. That said, I am hopefully, but would never assume we've done "significantly more" than anyone else based on media/fan reports and retweets.

Hall has liked some posts from the other Purdue recruits and players. He liked my comment about Purdue being a perfect fit and I saw some other Purdue likes. His family is pushing MSU, but as far as a pure basketball decision, Purdue makes the most sense. Easiest path to immediate impact with a very good youn core to build with. Painter just had great success with Vince and MSU just underachieved with arguably the most talented team Izzo has ever had. Painter on the other hand over achieved with developing Mathias, Vince, PJ, and look what he did for Carsen. Homerism aside, Purdue makes the most sense.

Don’t forget this recent MSU gem. I screen grabbed it because I’m sure Izzo is calling him and telling him to delete it. From other tweets it sounds like it has to do with everyone abandoning Appling after his gun arrest.

And all I see is happy birthday wishes to guys that played one year at Purdue. Granted one went to they guy that had the dunk of all times in ass hall.

Reactions: Schnelk
Hall has liked some posts from the other Purdue recruits and players. He liked my comment about Purdue being a perfect fit and I saw some other Purdue likes. His family is pushing MSU, but as far as a pure basketball decision, Purdue makes the most sense. Easiest path to immediate impact with a very good youn core to build with. Painter just had great success with Vince and MSU just underachieved with arguably the most talented team Izzo has ever had. Painter on the other hand over achieved with developing Mathias, Vince, PJ, and look what he did for Carsen. Homerism aside, Purdue makes the most sense.

His family is pushing MSU??

Don’t forget this recent MSU gem. I screen grabbed it because I’m sure Izzo is calling him and telling him to delete it. From other tweets it sounds like it has to do with everyone abandoning Appling after his gun arrest.

Treated like "salves"? That sounds kinda gross. I've heard some incredibly bad things come out of that university, so I shouldn't be surprised to hear that they treat people like salves. Yuck!

I don't tweet, twit, twitter or whatever it's called, but what makes you say his family is pushing msu?
Do PU and MSU fans communicate with him directly over twitter? Does he respond or just 'like' certain posts?

I don't tweet, twit, twitter or whatever it's called, but what makes you say his family is pushing msu?
Do PU and MSU fans communicate with him directly over twitter? Does he respond or just 'like' certain posts?

His mom likes a lot of MSU stuff on Twitter so people just assume she is “pushing for MSU.” All fans communicate directly with him by tweeting at him, but he never replies. He just likes certain posts. His likes usually tend to be reserved for verified reporters or friends and family, but he also does like the random “Hope you will be a Spartan. Go Green!” or other messages like that. People are worried because he was only liking Michigan State posts after he tweeted out his announcement, despite the majority of his comments section being Purdue related.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I've gone from anger to sympathy when it comes to Painter's recruiting. He did as much as humanly possible to land this kid and significantly more than our competition.
If he's doing all he can on the recruiting trail and not getting results, then he probably needs to get to a final 4. Unfortunately until his teams make that leap on the court, it's going to be used against him.

Continuing on the topic of reading too much into probably meaningless Twitter things, his mom did start following Purdue basketball’s account within the last 24 hours. She has always followed Brantley and Painter, but for whatever reason has never followed the actual basketball account. Now she follows them mere days before the decision. Perhaps this is a sign. PLEASE LET IT BE A SIGN!!!

Continuing on the topic of reading too much into probably meaningless Twitter things, his mom did start following Purdue basketball’s account within the last 24 hours. She has always followed Brantley and Painter, but for whatever reason has never followed the actual basketball account. Now she follows them mere days before the decision. Perhaps this is a sign. PLEASE LET IT BE A SIGN!!!

We'll know more......"the day after" tomorrow. :)

Malik follows Isaiah, Newman, Haarms, Hunter, Tre and Kyle King.

It has to be a sign!

He also started following MSUs social/creative person - ugh

In all seriousness, do you think he has already called the coaches and informed them of his decision or is he going to do that day of?

Reactions: Boilermaker24

It has to be a sign!

In all seriousness, do you think he has already called the coaches and informed them of his decision or is he going to do that day of?

Not too sure. I’d like to go along with the theory that he is announcing before Zeke’s visit to further encourage Zeke to commit to Purdue as well. But I’m not sure on how the actual call works. He definitely has made his mind up. Probably waiting this long because of the video he is making for the announcement. Whether he has told Painter or not, I’m unsure.

It has to be a sign!

Yes, I am quite sure he has informed the coaches. Or at least the coach to whom he's committing.

Yes, I am quite sure he has informed the coaches. Or at least the coach to whom he's committing.
This would be incredibly tough for a coach to keep secret for a few days even though I'm sure the only people who would know are his asst coaches. I just think it would somehow get leaked. But then again, out of respect for the other coach who has spent a lot of time, money and emotion on recruiting him, I do think it's the right thing for the recruit to do when he's made his decision. I also would think it's hard for the recruit himself to keep secret because he's undoubtedly told his family, maybe a friend or two, etc. Just really tough to keep it a secret I would think.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT