ADVERTISEMENT

looks like iu will land mcgumba

Wow, what a day when an I.U. fan and a Purdue fan agree on something. Actually, however, I think you have a class act coach, and your players are usually students rather than "one and dones" It's a shame the coaches with integrity have to compete with the scum bag cheaters.

Reactions: DualGrad
Interesting side note. Kansas now has only two returning scholarship players for next year (KJ Adams and Dajuan Harris). Obviously enormous roster turnover. And yet, whether they get Mgbako or not, they are going to be very good next year.

Cuban bought him, as someone on this forum predicted.

That and the nationally acclaimed general studies program were enough to overcome the embarrassment of having to wear clown pants.
That might have helped, the kid wants to be a one and done, IU gives him the best chance to flourish. At Kansas he’s a face in the crowd in that stacked lineup, at IU he’s likely their top player.

That might have helped, the kid wants to be a one and done, IU gives him the best chance to flourish. At Kansas he’s a face in the crowd in that stacked lineup, at IU he’s likely their top player.
Cuban did not throw in a dime, and the initial deal that I was a part of never changed

That's funny beat you twice last year and went farther in the NCAA tournament how did the first round elimination fill.
You must not be a complete loser coming to an opposing team's board to crow about a recruit. Totally not living in mom's basement either, right?

Reactions: Schnelk
That might have helped, the kid wants to be a one and done, IU gives him the best chance to flourish. At Kansas he’s a face in the crowd in that stacked lineup, at IU he’s likely their top player
Unlikely outcome, Kansas is a suitor as well. Will the mercenary strategy work? I doubt it. Will he seek to buy the last ticket on the Titanic? Good luck with that.
That remark didn’t age well

I can’t wait for the IU faithful to turn on this kid like they do all the others that don’t pan out.

Reactions: Schnelk
$$$ are destroying college sports...just like professional sports.
no, it's worse than professional sports other than baseball. we bought this kid don't feel good about it., he's a solid player will be good for us. he's a notch below Langford who everyone still gives shit. came to me 3 x to up and I did. but I want to see how this plays out before I go in again. my concerns not very good at McDonald's and walked away from duke because of competition. best players I've been around weren't worried about who's there. time will tell, I was a couple days off on the commitment, but I told you so. u of l was ready to offer stupid money, but he was comfortable, if I was him, I would have taken it. but the original post about $$$ destroying college sports is spot on

Overall good pickup for the B1G and boosts IUs outlook as they needed another offensive threat.

It will be really interesting to see their chemistry next year and how the pieces fit IMO. If they gel the talent is there for a top 4 B1G finish. It's also really hard to win without guys who have done it before. JHS, TJD, Kopp, and Race were a huge loss in the talent and experience department. I'd take those 4 all day over what was added this year. Time will tell......

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
I love the wait....we landed response. You guys had talent last year and couldn't win sh*t... you're over here for a reason. Good luck, little brother.
IU had talent but there were some serious flaws. After Johnson got hurt, they had real problems with guards and wings that could exploit JHS and Galloway defensively. Unfortunately for Purdue, they didn't have anyone like that.

• Haha
Reactions: Poprudy
no, it's worse than professional sports other than baseball. we bought this kid don't feel good about it., he's a solid player will be good for us. he's a notch below Langford who everyone still gives shit. came to me 3 x to up and I did. but I want to see how this plays out before I go in again. my concerns not very good at McDonald's and walked away from duke because of competition. best players I've been around weren't worried about who's there. time will tell, I was a couple days off on the commitment, but I told you so. u of l was ready to offer stupid money, but he was comfortable, if I was him, I would have taken it. but the original post about $$$ destroying college sports is spot on
How much did he cost IU?

IU had talent but there were some serious flaws. After Johnson got hurt, they had real problems with guards and wings that could exploit JHS and Galloway defensively. Unfortunately for Purdue, they didn't have anyone like that.
And you are here...tells me everything.

Btw, our flaws were youth at the guard play and athletes at the wing. Colvin and Heide will fill that void. We still won more games and the B1G vs. your preseason hype that didn't amount to much. I almost feel bad for TJD'S legendary experience at IU. He gets to claim 1 win in tournament play...what a 🤣

Last edited:
Btw, our flows were youth at the guard play and athletes at the wing. Colvin and Heide will fill that void. We still won more games and the B1G vs. your preseason hype that didn't amount to much. I almost feel bad for TJD'S legendary experience at IU. He gets to claim 1 win in tournament play...what a 🤣
At least TJD never had to deal with being part of the most historic embarrassment of a loss in NCAAT history.

Anyway, that's exactly what I was saying. As flawed as IU's backcourt was last year, it was still superior to Purdue's.

As far as the two guys you referenced.... Colvin, we'll see. Heide, a 6'5" version of Furst.

• Haha
Reactions: Poprudy
At least TJD never had to deal with being part of the most historic embarrassment of a loss in NCAAT history.

Anyway, that's exactly what I was saying. As flawed as IU's backcourt was last year, it was still superior to Purdue's.

As far as the two guys you referenced.... Colvin, we'll see. Heide, a 6'5" version of Furst.
Heide is not Furst. Heide is an athletic 2-4 where as Furst is an athletic 4-5.

Purdue had the most flawed backcourt in the B1G and still won more games. We had 2 freshman that weren't highly ranked vs a 5* and RS Junior. What a bunch of nonsense.

Also, if you're trying to dig at Furst. Look at the efficiency vs Race a 5th-6th year senior. He was more efficient. I like that you are sleeping on him.

I think your bar for "athletic" is not set too high. Purdue needs an Ivey or an Edwards.

Furst strikes me as the typical Indiana class 2A "star". Furst= Derek Elston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT