ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa - Purdue Game Discussion Thread

No, it's not all terrible. But this shouldn't even be a close game with a dynamic offense, which is what should be happening in year 4. We don't have a dominant defense, so we have to outscore.
I again agree. But none of the posts had any constructive or relevant info. All of them were just (no direct quotes) “defense is terrible” “We suck at x” “we suck at y”. I even looked into his previous posts prior to the game and couldn’t find anything positive. My question wasn’t specifically about his game related posts. In my limited research he never once posted anything remotely positive

Bell is an amazing player and going to be a star on Sundays
I hope you harbor no I’ll feelings. I appreciate your frustrations, I genuinely just got frustrated seeing nothing but negative posts from you on the thread. You were the target of my frustration with multiple posters who cant seem to appreciate anything positive. At the end of the day it looks like we’re getting the W so hopefully we can all just be happy. Even if only for a week. Having said that, I definitely still believe this is the beginning of what’s to come

I hope you harbor no I’ll feelings. I appreciate your frustrations, I genuinely just got frustrated seeing nothing but negative posts from you on the thread. You were the target of my frustration with multiple posters who cant seem to appreciate anything positive. At the end of the day it looks like we’re getting the W so hopefully we can all just be happy. Even if only for a week. Having said that, I definitely still believe this is the beginning of what’s to come

I was also tired of all the negativity halfway through the game, when the outcome was far from decided (thus my post trying to give AOC a chance b4 he was persecuted was born from that same frustration)..

As Joe Tiller used to say in private, never a doubt!

Yes.....RIP, Coach Tiller.

Last edited:
I was also tired of all the negativity halfway through the game, when the outcome was far from decided (thus my post trying to give AOC a chance b4 he was persecuted was born from that same frustration)..
I still don’t think that AOC is the guy, but I respect that he got us the W and I’ll take it! The underlying positive is that no matter who is under center for us the wr group will make the most of anything they can get their hands on

I again agree. But none of the posts had any constructive or relevant info. All of them were just (no direct quotes) “defense is terrible” “We suck at x” “we suck at y”. I even looked into his previous posts prior to the game and couldn’t find anything positive. My question wasn’t specifically about his game related posts. In my limited research he never once posted anything remotely positive
Not true but there is an ignore button for your pleasure.

Y’all crazy. Defense looks improved. Bell fantastic. Wright solid. Horvath amazing 6.1 ypc, better than the Iowa starter For those of you who kept criticizing him for being too slow. O’Connell solid and clutch as hell!!!! And all this with out coach at home and our best player on the sideline. Boiler up!

I am very glad Purdue won but the refs really missed the pass interference by the defense on the 4th down play for Iowa at the end. Usually, Purdue is on the wrong end of the missed/bad call.

Reactions: DAG10

No no no, you’re misunderstanding. Your mind goes to this place where I must not think O’Connell is a good guy/tries hard/brings positive things to the table.

He’s:

1) accurate with a decent arm
2) very unathletic
3) a player who struggles when opposing DCs dial up the pressure

He’s not the worst. And the criticism isn’t toward him.

The criticism is toward the staff for not being able to get recruited talent to play better than him. Ditto horvath and Thienemann (but especially Thienemann).

Your Stuart smalley “well I guess you must think Aiden is a bad person who just doesn’t wanna do things right” strawman is tired. Sorry. That’s not the point.

Reactions: bonefish1
No no no, you’re misunderstanding. Your mind goes to this place where I must not think O’Connell is a good guy/tries hard/brings positive things to the table.

He’s:

1) accurate with a decent arm
2) very unathletic
3) a player who struggles when opposing DCs dial up the pressure

He’s not the worst. And the criticism isn’t toward him.

The criticism is toward the staff for not being able to get recruited talent to play better than him. Ditto horvath and Thienemann (but especially Thienemann).

Your Stuart smalley “well I guess you must think Aiden is a bad person who just doesn’t wanna do things right” strawman is tired. Sorry. That’s not the point.
I wasn't really talking about your posts, moreso others, although yours might have contributed to the overall "storm of negativity." Especially saying things like this: "The criticism is toward the staff for not being able to get recruited talent to play better than him. Ditto horvath and Thienemann (but especially Thienemann)." Why take the pessimistic view there? Why not credit the staff for being able to overdevelop talent to the point that walkons are able to develop even more than higher starred recruits? In the end, the only statistics that matter are the number of W's...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT