ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Michigan THREAD

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Final regular season game for Purdue tonight in Ann Arbor. Win or lose, Boilers will be playing on Wednesday of the Big Ten Tournament.

It'll be interesting to see which way Coach Gearlds goes with the starting lineup. Will she go with Mila or Alaina? Or go small with Swanson?

I'm guessing she starts with Mila....but I think Swanson will play a lot with Stevenson being the lone big in the game.

27-22 Michigan at the half.

Started really slow on offense. Missed first 8 shots. But have settled in a little bit. Just need some shots to fall.

Michigan winning the boards pretty big but Purdue is hanging in there.

Jeanae Terry missed a lot of the first half with foul trouble.

They can win this game if some shots start to go down.

Reactions: Brya31
Terry dribbling the ball again for 15 seconds before an air ball heave at the buzzer. We’ve certainly seen that from her too many times.

Reactions: purduedavie
Terry dribbling the ball again for 15 seconds before an air ball heave at the buzzer. We’ve certainly seen that from her too many times.
She has to look to score when Madison and Swanson are out of the game.

I hate moral victories but I guess that's what they have to settle for. They played hard. Really missed Caitlyn but they battled hard. Just needed a few more shots to fall.

The traveling call on Jones was huge. I still think it was a foul. And to make it worse the ball went in. Could have been an "and one".

Abbey Ellis with a nice game, but needed more help. Team really missed Caitlyn Harper tonight Would be nice to get a win in Minneapolis, maybe 2 ?
They seemed to play with better energy (from what I was able to watch) than previous games, altho’ their most recent game was better.
Where oh where was this effort and execution earlier in the season? Well.,,, effort anyway…. Execution has been hit or miss.

Negatives -

The refs - two bogus calls in the 4th. Stevenson has her feet established and sets a great screen but it's called a foul on her because the michigan player fell down.

Second was spider Jones drove left late down only two. Michigan defender runs into her causing her to travel. Atrocious call that sealed it for michigan.

Positives -

Spider - michigan had trouble all night with her speed and quickness. Drew fouls, drove the lane for buckets. Hit a couple of 3's. Might of had a few "bad" shots but I loved her aggressiveness and willingness to take big shots. Once she improves her left hand, she'll be very hard to stop from getting to the bucket. Elite quickness.

Abbey Ellis - continuing to have a great finish to her career. 23 points, 5-8 from 3 and she just continually made big shots to keep us afloat.

Jenae Terry - very active defensively, board machine.

Final thoughts -

Loved the fight again. It seems like progress has been made in the competitive department. Kudos to Coach Gearlds for getting the ladies to compete the entire game.

I’ll be glad when this finally ends, saw enough of this to last a lifetime. JT has a nose for the ball on rebounds, she’s not a PG, it’s a shame that’s where she had to play all year, she’s best suited for the 3 except she can’t score.

Reactions: Gesysp
I’ll be glad when this finally ends, saw enough of this to last a lifetime. JT has a nose for the ball on rebounds, she’s not a PG, it’s a shame that’s where she had to play all year, she’s best suited for the 3 except she can’t score.
I love Jeanae.....but I think she has the flattest shot I've ever seen. Lol. Even her free throws barely creep over the rim. Sometimes I want to scream "put some air under the ball!"

I love Jeanae.....but I think she has the flattest shot I've ever seen. Lol. Even her free throws barely creep over the rim. Sometimes I want to scream "put some air under the ball!"
I don’t hate her as a player, just don’t particularly care for 35 minutes a night at the point, she’s a limited player, hopefully, Reynolds adds more next year from that position. Ideally, Terry is a 15 minute reserve player, in 5 years she hasn’t developed a shot, no doubt she gets some rebounds, she’s good at that, just not the type of player I want to see leading the offense having the ball in her hands 80% of the time.

Reactions: tomgloe and Larry77
I don't like to be someone who criticizes the coaching, but I would think they would be working with her on that aspect of her game. It seems to me that her shot has gotten flatter over the years. Also, Swanson kicks her feet up behind her during her pull up jumper which I believe is causing a problem with her shot consistency.

I don't like to be someone who criticizes the coaching, but I would think they would be working with her on that aspect of her game. It seems to me that her shot has gotten flatter over the years. Also, Swanson kicks her feet up behind her during her pull up jumper which I believe is causing a problem with her shot consistency.
Yeah whats really odd is Swanson doesn't do that on her 3 point shot.

Yeah whats really odd is Swanson doesn't do that on her 3 point shot.
I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that noticed this. :) She has a beautiful 3 point shot. If this extra movement during her pull up jumper was a good thing, there would be a lot of players doing it.

Reactions: tomgloe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT