ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana v. Purdue (Game Thread)

We won. Not sure what else to say about our performance today

A bad win is still better than a good loss.

I will admit, my expectations for the tournament have crashed. This team is the most talented Purdue team I've ever seen, but it might also be one of the sloppiest. They can beat anyone and be beaten by anyone. Maybe they can take a day or two and 'decompress' before the gauntlet of the tournaments starts.

This season has been like a roller coaster going down the first big drop... slowly near the apex and accelerating as it goes down hill. :D

Based on other threads on here, we have one coming.
no, braden is good but he's not 6'3" and built like a football player. Braden is very small, but very smart and the Kramer attitude. People throw Kramer's name around kinda flippantly imo...he was really special.

Reactions: Lionheart1
Seems like the whole team are believing the ranking and press clippings
Agreed. I’ve always thought that for some reason Purdue basketball and football can’t handle the notoriety of being highly ranked or just ranked for that matter. They do better when not ranked and have something to prove.
However, you need the ranking to help with publicity and recruiting.

I’m in Lex for daughter’s volleyball tourney. The Mgr won’t put the volume on the PU game because USC is on but no one cares. Beer is cold though.
I rarely go there, they've done the same to me. I live about 10 min from there in Lex. Anyway, good luck to your daughter.

Needed that win for everyone’s psyche. IU played with heart. Woodson got what he wanted but tourney hopes might be dashed.

May also depend on how many "bubble" spots are left after any upsets in smaller conferences. They may play Michigan, then would get Wisconsin from the last bracket projection I saw.

They hung tough and almost stole it today.

Reactions: indyogb and TX4GB
May also depend on how many "bubble" spots are left after any upsets in smaller conferences. They may play Michigan, then would get Wisconsin from the last bracket projection I saw.

They hung tough and almost stole it today.
Yeah they need those 2 wins in BTT.

Why did our best FT shooter in-bound the ball? Why did he have to throw it to our worst FT shooter (perhaps because IU allowed Tre to be the only man open?) I immediately scratched my head on that one.

I'm wondering how Trevion would be as in-bounder there, instead of on just home-run/miracle plays.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Tre needs to stop trying to be so cute with he passes. I understand he is a great passers. However lots of times he forces it and causes a turnover.

Agreed. I’ve always thought that for some reason Purdue basketball and football can’t handle the notoriety of being highly ranked or just ranked for that matter. They do better when not ranked and have something to prove.
However, you need the ranking to help with publicity and recruiting.
They need to act like they belong

And Ivey needs to stop flaying in to 4 people. The last 3 games those two things alone led to way too many points. They are smart enough to do it.
Yeah that's the only issue Ivey has. Unfortunately he does it way to much. Then just stands there in disbelief that he didn't get a foul.

It will be good to play some teams in the tourney who will see us for the first time. Maybe new officials will help. We need some swag back to make a run though.

And Ivey needs to stop flaying in to 4 people. The last 3 games those two things alone led to way too many points. They are smart enough to do it.
KaBAM!!! I have avoided saying exactly this for ten games. Call me chicken. But what in the hell does dribble, dribble, thrust, get stuck, dribble out, thrust again, spin and THROU-UP some shot that has 8% chance of going in. Every other comparable guard has a deadly pull-up jumper ...

Reactions: BBG and TX4GB
The really odd part is that Tre in-bounded it the very next time and has in-bounded most of the times late in the game.
Would he normally stay back though? He felt confident after hitting 2. We might have turned it over if he didn’t step up. He should be the one in-bounding though.

Legitimate question, will someone explain to me why we kept fouling which would have gave IU the last shot had we not stole the ball? Seems like you are asking for trouble doing that.
Because this team is full of idiots. There is no reason to foul. We have to get a stop regardless. Why would you NOT leave yourself with the ball in case they do score

Im about over my patience with painter

Tre needs to stop trying to be so cute with he passes. I understand he is a great passers. However lots of times he forces it and causes a turnover.
Tre needs to go primarily to his right w/ the shot, don't care for his fade aways from the left.

Reactions: Schnelk
Because this team is full of idiots. There is no reason to foul. We have to get a stop regardless. Why would you NOT leave yourself with the ball in case they do score

Im about over my patience with painter
Im one of the few that is with you on Painter. If we have a great tournament run I will shut my mouth about him. If we get booted first or 2nd round it will be a different story. Not that it matters though.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
So, I may be totally in the dark on this one, but:
Are they doing the "Senior Night" thing today?

I kinda bumped around looking for it online, but the internet just claimed ignorance, and kept trying to tell me about next season's "Phil Knight Invitational" bid....

Did they decide against having one this year?

“Wyatt … I ain’t got the words.“ Opposite of a moral victory … this felt like a moral defeat.
Game balls should go to Hunter & Mason.

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT