ADVERTISEMENT

How to Watch & Game Thread: #1 Purdue vs #16 Fairleigh Dickinson

Coach better figure something out or we are finished. How can these guards be so soft.

To my Smith and the corner point. WTH did we have 2 other player 15 feet away!!! It's called help!

Reactions: Zaphod_B and TX4GB
Y'all are a little reactionary. It's a long game, their 2 best players are in found trouble. Their best asset is our weakest link. It's gonna be an adjustment. We will wear them out. Watch for halftime adjustments to get Zach free. It's a 1 point game..

The sky isn't falling...
If we have to foul out there 2 best players to win, then we didnt Belong in the tournament

Partly fault of inbounder I think throwing it to him when he's headed that way... mostly CMP's fault for not working on some plays to avoid it during practice I think
I know, but he's consistently drags his body that way and he knows the trap is coming. In his defense the others are scared and run away

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Y'all are a little reactionary. It's a long game, their 2 best players are in found trouble. Their best asset is our weakest link. It's gonna be an adjustment. We will wear them out. Watch for halftime adjustments to get Zach free. It's a 1 point game..

The sky isn't falling...

I hear you......some concerns, though with that first half as FDU did not shoot lights out. Braden Smith - love the kid - five turnovers, though. Certainly not over, but if you let a big underdog hang around......you never know.

Purdue does need to play a better second half because FDU is going to give them all they got.

We shall see.

Morton could not guard Schifino…why is he out there against quick players This shows painter is a dolt and does not learn from his mistakes I hope Morton transfers…and painter leaves. Tired of this bs postseason performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: steakman765
CMP has no plan B on defense. It's obvious we can't stay in front of them. This is where that stubborn "we are a man to man conference" BS dooms us.

This is the #301 net team. Just drop back into a zone and force them to shoot outside. They won't make enough to beat us. Keep giving up layups and they sure will. Embarrassing how ill prepared we are to do anything different.

Announcers in the studio are setting up the narrative of the upset.

CMP has no plan B on defense. It's obvious we can't stay in front of them. This is where that stubborn "we are a man to man conference" BS dooms us.

This is the #301 net team. Just drop back into a zone and force them to shoot outside. They won't make enough to beat us. Keep giving up layups and they sure will. Embarrassing how ill prepared we are to do anything different.
Exactly, why Zach shouldn't drag out so high. Let them shoot and rebound. Every single player is playing the shot instead of the drive.

We certainly don’t look prepared for this game.
Too much help on D without quick recover. Too rushed to shoot the three.. need a bit more time to give Zach a chance to get open. First few minutes are crucial… can’t let closeness of score exist after 10 minutes

How many open shots did we pass up in that half??? Seemed like no one wanted to take the shot. The second guessing leads to the deer in head lights mode.

And why we cannot attack the press is sickening at this point...Smith going to the corner and picking his dribble up is usually crap that is solved in grade school.

Morton could not guard Schifino…why is he out there against quick players This shows painter is a dolt and does not learn from his mistakes I hope Morton transfers…and painter leaves. Tired of this bs postseason performance.
It would be easier if you stopped pretending to be a Purdue fan.

Do what you do well ...
Work it in & get foul shots.....NO
Rebound.....NO
Guard......NO

Too much help on D without quick recover. Too rushed to shoot the three.. need a bit more time to give Zach a chance to get open. First few minutes are crucial… can’t let closeness of score exist after 10 minutes
well Kennesaw choked it away in the last quarter, so there's hope

We have to help because they are driving right past us. There is no "quick recover" because we aren't quick.

For god's sake please try something different on D. If it makes CMP feel better we promise not to call it a zone. We'll call it sagging Man to man.

Reactions: Professor Emeritus
well Kennesaw choked it away in the last quarter, so there's hope

Had Xavier on the ropes.

Kenesaw-Landis.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Professor Emeritus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT