ADVERTISEMENT

How to Watch & Game Thread: #1 Purdue vs #16 Fairleigh Dickinson

No I am blaming building a basketball team around back to the basket play.

IT DOES NOT WORK. IT HASNT FOR DECADES. EVEN THE SMALLEST TEAM IN THE NATION CAN TAKE THE POST UP AWAY IF IT CHOOSES TOO!!!!
I don't care what style you play. If you turn the ball over 16 times and can't hit wide open shots, you'll lose.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Too many bad mistakes tonight even with the atrocious shooting again.

Well......maybe Purdue could repeat what Virginia did. Lose to #16-seed one year, and win it all the next year. Yes, it's the Boilerepherine-induced delirium talking I know. Didn't think they would necessarily get out of the Region, but I didn't see a loss tonight (tough game yes). Oh well, life goes on.

Too many bad mistakes tonight even with the atrocious shooting again.

Well......maybe Purdue could repeat what Virginia did. Lose to #16-seed one year, and win it all the next year. Yes, it's the Boilerepherine-induced delirium talking I know. Didn't think they would necessarily get out of the Region, but I didn't see a loss tonight (tough game yes). Oh well, life goes on.
That takes a good coach . We don’t have one.

As I get into my Old Forester 1920 I’m wondering how boilers got this far winning BIG by 3 games, win BIG tournament, and #1 a good portion of the year. Is this a reflection on the competition (i.e. the BIG) ?

Reactions: Boiler8285
As I get into my Old Forester 1920 I’m wondering how boilers got this far winning BIG by 3 games, win BIG tournament, and #1 a good portion of the year. Is this a reflection on the competition (i.e. the BIG) ?
Difference between B1G ball and tourney ball.

Reactions: drewjin
People posting zachs stats as if its some example of post up centric basketball not being the issue LOLOL

Every year we have the worst guards and wings on the floor in march and lose because of it. Take away the dominant big with double teams and get a free win because our guards and wings are always scrubs.

FIND SOME ****ING BALL HANDLERS THAT CREATE THEIR SHOT AND KNOCK DOWN SHOOTERS. THAT IS HOW YOU WIN

Pretty much knew this would happen when everyone was scared to take a three.
Purdue has not shot the 3 well very often this year. Why I preferred to get the ball into the lane either to Zach or a few drives early in a game. The 3 I believe doesn’t many time get a players as aggressive and into the game as a war in the paint. Now, why doesn’t the shooting results equal what is supposed to be good shooters …that are open? Apparently OPEN doesn’t mean good shots and inside a given game…will water find its level

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Purdue has not shot the 3 well very often this year. Why I preferred to get the ball into the lane either to Zach or a few drives early in a game. The 3 I believe doesn’t many time get a players as aggressive and into the game as a war in the paint. Now, why doesn’t the shooting results equal what is supposed to be good shooters …that are open? Apparently OPEN doesn’t mean good shots and inside a given game…will water find its level
Not the first freshmen/sophomores that Painter has ruined as shooters

Nope, they were equally embarrassing. No plan B for either end just keep doing what we always do and hope it works. I normally support CMP and the team, but this was beyond ridiculous. There is no defending the lack of preparation and execution. Players and coach shit the bed on this one.
It was bad and the game went as the start went. Both were bad, but I think the offense was worse. Turnovers inside and out. Few offensive boards. No war in the paint and therefore size was overwhelmed by quickness. FDU did hit some contested shots whereas Purdue missed open shots. FDU got the 50-50 balls, some lucky bounces but played in a frenzy while Purdue was slower at all spots. As bad as the overhelping and D particularly the first half, I think the O was worse. I have not seen any stats, but that is my gut impression

Last edited:
Really? Three years is a row and same system. These are D2 players with a D2 coach. We could hire better.

no bench leader either. Maybe throw a jacket. Bust a clip board. Pretend to give a shit.
Just do something. Painter is a nice person but a joke as a tourney coach. I love that people were pissed that he did not win B1G coach of the year!

Reactions: drewjin
Yes. The Big10 sucked this year and will be (has been) exposed.

Let's be honest this coach isn't adjusting to becoming a great coach. He likes to get manhandled by lesser teams. Analyst even feel bad for our fans.
Nobody has asked if analytics play a role not just before tipoff but during game . Which side of the analytics blade is the safest? Follow the numbers all game or possibly leave them too early and go with your gut? I’ve asked this for a few years…it’s rhetorical, but I know which way I lean

ADVERTISEMENT