ADVERTISEMENT

Hello Purdue from Iowa

Aug 25, 2005
I know that we are the most hated of rivals (at least according to Delaney) but please respect our team and try not to laugh as our offence tries not to be offensive. I'm actually looking forward to the game and having a few beers with the Boilers. Been there twice before and enjoyed the people and community.

Welcome, Iowa is not a rival of Purdue. Heck, they can't win hardly any big ten games lately. Why do you think Iowas offense has been struggling?

O-Line has been sub par to say the least. Can't get movement for our running game and can't protect our QB.

BEAT THE HAWKS!
We are due to beat you guys and it's now all of the sudden a big game for both programs.

But the defense has been really good, correct?

I wouldn't say the d has been really good. The same Rutgers team that got just over 100 yards against osu and only 39 against Michigan got 383 yards against Iowa.

They also allowed 38 points to nw, a season high for them.

We just need a few big plays.

Iowa (so far at least) is not a good football team. All games are big, there are only 12, maybe 13 of them each season. 14 for us last season. So it is a big game for Iowa, but not like you think it is.

Usually when Iowa plays Purdue, it is plain vanilla, more so than usual. Kfer lines up the players and basically says our athletes are better than your athletes.

He really did this against both NDSU and NW, to our peril.

So it certainly is a winnable game for Purdue.

I hate to say it...but...Hazell hasnt won two games in a row since unpacking in WL! There is a reason we are 13.5 point dogs in this game.

Welcome, Iowa is not a rival of Purdue. Heck, they can't win hardly any big ten games lately. Why do you think Iowas offense has been struggling?

Iowa/Purdue is probably the most hate-filled rivalry in the B1G.

Iowa scored 14 at Rutgers and Minnesota, and had 6 points halfway through the 4th quarter against Minnesota. The offense is struggling.

Iowa/Purdue is probably the most hate-filled rivalry in the B1G.

Iowa scored 14 at Rutgers and Minnesota, and had 6 points halfway through the 4th quarter against Minnesota. The offense is struggling.
Why do you keep saying they are rivals? Been drinking again?

I hate Iowa so much.. I actually prefer the Steelers bumblebee uniforms because they don't remind me of Iowa.

PIQX4h.jpg

Reactions: hexumhawk
All kidding aside, Iowa and Purdue are each other's 3rd-most played series of all-time with 86 games.

Purdue: Indiana 116, Illinois 90, Iowa 86, ND 86, Wisky 83
Iowa: Minnesota 108, Wisky 88, Purdue 86, NW 76, Indiana 76

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin...t=1869&end=2015&team=Purdue&sort=a&mingames=0

http://football.stassen.com/cgi-bin...art=1869&end=2015&team=Iowa&sort=a&mingames=0

That's interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that. I would have thought we played Michigan and nw more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT