ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Week thread

I'd like to see them have more quads. Just too much difference between the best team in a quad and the worst. 1-76 being the same thing doesn't make sense.

Buts it's better than our old friend the RPI, right Tex?

Still get flashbacks to the nightmares of the RPI days and NCAA seeding/selection.... haha.

raw

Reactions: Dryfly88
Pappy says hold my bourbon - BUT!!! Yes, many cheap bourbons are excellent to my uneducated tongue.
I used to have an article showing the distilleries and various brands and how they are related. Example Weller comes off the same batches as Pappy but not aged as long and graded lower

Example 2: Old Bardstown is Willet. (Might need to double check that one)

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

I used to have an article showing the distilleries and various brands and how they are related. Example Weller comes off the same batches as Pappy but not aged as long and graded lower

My oldest brother did the Kentucky Bourbon trail a couple of years ago.....not that he wasn't hooked already.....but now it's official.

YEP - There are supposedly fewer than ten mash bills ... and many are made in the huge distillery in Evansville ... then they are treated differently and aged differently and cut with different water.

Duke just got a gift to keep them in this game. Down 5, NC St has a wide open dunk with 30 seconds left. Guy misses the dunk, hangs on the rim to try to rebound, gets called for a T.

Duke just got a gift to keep them in this game. Down 5, NC St has a wide open dunk with 30 seconds left. Guy misses the dunk, hangs on the rim to try to rebound, gets called for a T.
Except NC State keeps the ball though.

If NC State gets another win in the ACC tournament, can they squeeze into the Big Dance?

YEP - There are supposedly fewer than ten mash bills ... and many are made in the huge distillery in Evansville ... then they are treated differently and aged differently and cut with different water.
Are you talking about MGP? I thought they were in Lawrenceberg.

I learned awhile back how to read labels. Feel like unless it says distilled and bottled, they didn’t make it themselves.

Many bubble teams winning games this week. Obviously some losing too, but most have been pushing for a bid:
Michigan St
Ohio St
Indiana (win today and we talk about them)
Texas A&M
Providence
Colorado
Mississippi State
St. John's
Pitt
Oregon
New Mexico
NC State
Virginia

Some of them are in better shape than others.

Losers from yesterday:
Seton Hall
Loyola
Richmond
TCU
UNLV
Iowa
Kansas St
Boise St.

Again, some in better shape than others.

Many bubble teams winning games this week. Obviously some losing too, but most have been pushing for a bid:
Michigan St
Ohio St
Indiana (win today and we talk about them)
Texas A&M
Providence
Colorado
Mississippi State
St. John's
Pitt
Oregon
New Mexico
NC State
Virginia

Some of them are in better shape than others.

Losers from yesterday:
Seton Hall
Loyola
Richmond
TCU
UNLV
Iowa
Kansas St
Boise St.

Again, some in better shape than others.

Dayton losing yesterday in the A-10 QF's most likely shrunk the bubble.

IU winning today (which I think they will) should not move them into any consideration. Beating PSU (86 NET) shouldn't have done anything. If they beat Nebraska (#39 NET) we're saying that moves the needle? I don't think so, I think they would need to beat OSU/IL before they would even be in the discussion for a chance.
They are currently #94 in the NET. That would be unprecedented territory for a dance ticket.

The regulation ending to the Marquette Villanova game was a masterfully drawn up play by Shaka Smart. Tie game. Marquette gets the ball at the Villanova baseline with 2.8 seconds left. The inbounder pitches the ball all the way past half-court so that the Marquette player that catches it can immediately call time-out (only took 0.2 seconds off the clock). Then they set up the play with an inbound pass, bounce pass to the cutter who floats a 5' jump shot, it bounces on the rim three times after the buzzer has sounded, and it goes in..............but......
Upon review the ball was still touching his fingers when the clock hit zero (and we are talking milliseconds, it was frankly, really hard to tell for sure).
Marquette goes on to win in overtime anyways, but it was still a really well drawn up play that should have worked.

The regulation ending to the Marquette Villanova game was a masterfully drawn up play by Shaka Smart. Tie game. Marquette gets the ball at the Villanova baseline with 2.8 seconds left. The inbounder pitches the ball all the way past half-court so that the Marquette player that catches it can immediately call time-out (only took 0.2 seconds off the clock). Then they set up the play with an inbound pass, bounce pass to the cutter who floats a 5' jump shot, it bounces on the rim three times after the buzzer has sounded, and it goes in..............but......
Upon review the ball was still touching his fingers when the clock hit zero (and we are talking milliseconds, it was frankly, really hard to tell for sure).
Marquette goes on to win in overtime anyways, but it was still a really well drawn up play that should have worked.
I had no idea that it was overturned until it was a couple minutes into overtime and I saw on a score scroll that it was still playing. It was a fantastic play call.

You know that Brandon Newman is at Western Kentucky.

You may have known that Steve Lutz is the coach of the Hilltoppers.

You might not have known that that's where Kristian Lander ended up as well.

They're blowing out Middle Tennessee St to advance to tomorrow's final against 5-seeded UTEP.

Dain Dainja taking on the whole Ohio State front line in this second half - 12 points/6 boards off the bench keeping Illinois in it. This has been another Big Ten Battle Royale and then some.

Ohio State playing tough, up 59-58.....under eight minutes.

Dain Dainja taking on the whole Ohio State front line in this second half - 12 points/6 boards off the bench keeping Illinois in it. This has been another Big Ten Battle Royale and then some.

Shannon with 4 fouls at the 9-minute mark. Could have easily gotten his 5th on a drive on Thornton, but they called a block. Should have been a blarge.

Shannon with 4 fouls at the 9-minute mark. Could have easily gotten his 5th on a drive on Thornton, but they called a block. Should have been a blarge.

Immediately came to mind.....haha. Bryant and Biggie in Bloomington.

I actually agree with the thought sometimes about a no call.....if NOBODY gets the advantage from contact. Looking at the replay, I think it was technically the right call....Thornton wasn't set quite yet with Shannon's plant.

they talk about our games being a foul fest, that game was a foul fest bigtime

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT