ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday slate thread

Hell my wife is embarrassed by them and she went there lol just a microcosm of society. We have two master degrees from iu in our family there isn't any hate

"Mind numbing" ..... Yep perfect term for iu basketball 🤡s.
Visually, it's those god-awful clown pants.
Hearing the iu iu drone chant, the cult-worship of the "mop lady" song, plus Don Fisher's voice on the radio, sounds like he needs to gargle w/lemon juice every morning.
Then, the sense of entitlement of their fan-base.
I would rather be forced to watch re-runs of Gilligan's Island or something worse.......

Alright, here we go!

I was wrong about the spread in Houston @ Kansas today. Houston is -1.5. I'm very surprised, and I'm playing KU with a few added points. I think they win. The spread more makes me think we are like -2.5 or -3 tomorrow.

I think with the game in the Garden, St. John's has a good chance to be at UConn today.

Carolina all the way. F#*& Duke.

Can Kentucky and Tennessee both lose?

Indinia is only -5 at home against Penn State. That in and of itself is embarrassing.

Northwestern at Minnesota is interesting. Can NW recover after leaving it all, literally, on the floor at Mackey? Minnesota is better than we think and is actually favored here.

Maryland at Michigan State should be a fun one. Can either break out of the middle and make a run at a double-bye?

Other good ones:
Auburn @ Ole Miss
Cincinnati @ Texas Tech
Iowa State @ Baylor
St. Marys at Gonzaga
Boo Bouie and Chris Collins can eat a bag of d#%?

• Wow
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Coach Collins throw a Chrissy Fit at the end of their game today? Was busy watching Houston and Kansas.

so nice to see the chucking kitties go down again, Boo was bad at the end and Lanbore misses 2 FT's. That Payne is going to be a pain the next 2 yrs. only 6'9 but gets off his feet. Is that Christie guy related to the Cristie that played at msu?
Definitely my least favorite team. Yes, it’s Max’s younger brother.

Payne is a nice athlete but limited skillls and an ok motor, IMO. He sure can dunk though 😉 You may be right and he puts it all together in the next two years.

I just checked the IU score on my phone, I assumed you guys were joking or it was an inside thing I didn't get. So without their leading scorer, PSU just rolls Indinia at home? That happened? We all joke about NIT... but they are actually going to miss the tournament yet again aren't they? I don't pay a ton of attention to IU because we have our own demons I am focused on (getting past the Elite 8 this year FAINLLY) but what is the deal with that program? We are always fighting for our lives every year and Painter develops talent and somehow, we're always pretty good... meanwhile Indiana has 5 star recruits and the history (although it's more like a history similar to the Browns. Being good and winning before most fans were alive to see it). They are a complete joke the past 15 years or so.

3. Is it by design? Like the University has put less of an emphasis on athletics?
Where else would they put emphasis on…the music school?

I just checked the IU score on my phone, I assumed you guys were joking or it was an inside thing I didn't get. So without their leading scorer, PSU just rolls Indinia at home? That happened? We all joke about NIT... but they are actually going to miss the tournament yet again aren't they? I don't pay a ton of attention to IU because we have our own demons I am focused on (getting past the Elite 8 this year FAINLLY) but what is the deal with that program? We are always fighting for our lives every year and Painter develops talent and somehow, we're always pretty good... meanwhile Indiana has 5 star recruits and the history (although it's more like a history similar to the Browns. Being good and winning before most fans were alive to see it). They are a complete joke the past 15 years or so.

1. Did RMK leave a curse on them like the Bambino or Cubs Billy Goat? :D
2. They have talent, were Crean, Miller and Woodson really THAT bad?
3. Is it by design? Like the University has put less of an emphasis on athletics?
4. Parity and Luck? Is it every year they are "close" to being competitive but ill-timed injuries, etc make it look worse? All teams are really pretty close now.

Not trolling IU or being a d-bag (okay, maybe a little), I am generally curious how they can consistently be such a dumpster fire. Not only losing a ton of games and missing the tournament more times than not - but their culture is NOT IU. It's not RMK, it's flagrant fouls, laziness, suspensions for personal conduct, etc. It's kind of embarring for the state of Indiana at times honestly.
Roster construction is awful. They needed depth at guard but swung and moss on recruits and transfers. The fact they were bringing X back hurt them. Guys don’t want to come in and play behind him and want a chance to play. They have individuals but no team right now.

Offensive scheme is terrible. Mgbako isn’t a 3, at least not this year. Maybe another year to get better and stronger would help. They are basically playing a lineup of 3 bigs and 2 guards. Penn State took advantage of that in the second half. Couple this with Galloway regressing and it is a perfect storm. He looked awesome last year because he played alongside TJD and Shifino. He had less pressure etc.

As for their overall program apathy, Woody screwed up when he got rid of Matta and Fife. They knew how to build a roster and push back on Woodson and challenge him. Now, he is surrounded by yes men who kiss his butt. I don’t know if IU can afford to fire him and hire a top tier guy. We know they have plenty of rich alumni but you can only go to the well so many times before people start looking at the ROI.

Last thing is how Woodson controls this team or doesn’t. X gets ejected and plays the next game. Gunn does the same thing and get a DNP the next game. If we casual observes think it is odd, imagine what those in the locker room think. Imagine what a recruit thinks. Imagine what boosters think.

Anyways, I will laugh as they spend March at home.

Btw Ben Johnson has Minnesota playing light years better this year. Worth keeping an eye on.
You can do that by working with a good PG. He has worked at improvement there @ PG, with Hawkins assist totals up, and his TOs down as compared to the prior year. Ideal.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Kansas getting 2 at home, this was the easiest money I've made all year. As I said before the game, if you get points and KU at home, run with it. No better bet all season!

Welcome to the B12 Houston......
Unfortunately I put it in a parlay and may have only won that game.

• Sad
Reactions: Do Dah Day
Visually, it's those god-awful clown pants.
Hearing the iu iu drone chant, the cult-worship of the "mop lady" song, plus Don Fisher's voice on the radio, sounds like he needs to gargle w/lemon juice every morning.
Then, the sense of entitlement of their fan-base.
I would rather be forced to watch re-runs of Gilligan's Island or something worse.......

If that's my penance? Give me Gilligan's Island......

mary-ann-gif-gif.1715660225

1. Did RMK leave a curse on them like the Bambino or Cubs Billy Goat? :D
2. They have talent, were Crean, Miller and Woodson really THAT bad?
4. Parity and Luck? Is it every year they are "close" to being competitive but ill-timed injuries, etc make it look worse? All teams are really pretty close now.

Not trolling IU or being a d-bag (okay, maybe a little), I am generally curious how they can consistently be such a dumpster fire. Not only losing a ton of games and missing the tournament more times than not - but their culture is NOT IU. It's not RMK, it's flagrant fouls, laziness, suspensions for personal conduct, etc. It's kind of embarring for the state of Indiana at times honestly.
It's a simple matter of putting up the $$ to hire the coach to take you to a FF. Or so we've been told.

Watching TN - KY. Currently TN up. Both teams look improved from start of year.

That made me wonder...has Purdue improved since Nov.? .....
My thoughts: I think our PG play has improved, I think we handle the press better. I think Jones has improved. And I think Cam & Gillis have improved as subs. Sometimes poor foul shooting seem to be our only regression?

When we survived TN the first time, said don't want them again. James who only had a few points in our match up has improved alot. But if we do meet again likely a FF or final game matchup...so not all bad. The PG Ziegler is a nightmare on both sides of the ball. Knecht still ballin.

KY, very athletic, seem undisciplined, and had a confrontation with 12 to go where neither side looked great in a big scuffle where 5 fouls were called on one play and post play. 10 minutes play stopage.

Close game, at the moment 9 pts...we will see if TN can hold them off.

Last edited:
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00

My thoughts: I think our PG play has improved, I think we handle the press better. I think Jones has improved. And I think Cam & Gillis have improved as subs. Sometimes poor foul shooting seem to be our only regression?

When we survived TN the first time, said don't want them again. James who only had a few points in our match up has improved alot. But if we do meet again likely a FF or final game matchup...so not all bad. The PG Ziegler is a nightmare on both sides of the ball. Knecht still ballin.

KY, very athletic, seem undisciplined, and had a confrontation with 12 to go where neither side looked great in a big scuffle where 5 fouls were called on one play and post play. 10 minutes play stopage.

TN is better than when we played them offensively. Ziegler is now fully back from knee injury. He wasn't himself quite yet when we played them. As you said, we wouldn't meet them until very late in the tournament so a problem for a much later day!

Reactions: Boiler Buck

Our biggest improvement is Lance. He hunted bad shots early in the year and is playing within the offense now. Since B1G play resumed, he’s shooting 39.1% from three.

Yep I think Kentucky is value tonight as well but we shall see
Tenn is much improved - Knect didn’t even have to do much for them and their other guys stepped up. Great D - they are gonna be a tough out: Ziegler tremendous floor game. Also watched some of Houston/Kansas. Kansas too much at home but Houston will return the favor next month. I can see Purdue, Tenn, Uconn, and Carolina as the 1 seeds right now. Means Houston will hopefully be with Tenn in the South and Marquette and/or Kansas will be with us in the Midwest.

Tenn is much improved - Knect didn’t even have to do much for them and their other guys stepped up. Great D - they are gonna be a tough out: Ziegler tremendous floor game. Also watched some of Houston/Kansas. Kansas too much at home but Houston will return the favor next month. I can see Purdue, Tenn, Uconn, and Carolina as the 1 seeds right now. Means Houston will hopefully be with Tenn in the South and Marquette and/or Kansas will be with us in the Midwest.

Yes, I think TN appears to be very improved from start of year. Scary thought.

We have improved too, I guess we see how much today??

Our biggest improvement is Lance. He hunted bad shots early in the year and is playing within the offense now. Since B1G play resumed, he’s shooting 39.1% from three.

Very much agree with that. No doubt.

But I also think Braden has improved where his decision making is better. He also has a more firm awareness which guys will get him assists, and in what situations that will happen. Just seems calmer more composed and just has total control of the game. Hope that helps us today.

Reactions: boilerzz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT