ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday slate thread

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Alright, here we go!

I was wrong about the spread in Houston @ Kansas today. Houston is -1.5. I'm very surprised, and I'm playing KU with a few added points. I think they win. The spread more makes me think we are like -2.5 or -3 tomorrow.

I think with the game in the Garden, St. John's has a good chance to be at UConn today.

Carolina all the way. F#*& Duke.

Can Kentucky and Tennessee both lose?

Indinia is only -5 at home against Penn State. That in and of itself is embarrassing.

Northwestern at Minnesota is interesting. Can NW recover after leaving it all, literally, on the floor at Mackey? Minnesota is better than we think and is actually favored here.

Maryland at Michigan State should be a fun one. Can either break out of the middle and make a run at a double-bye?

Other good ones:
Auburn @ Ole Miss
Cincinnati @ Texas Tech
Iowa State @ Baylor
St. Marys at Gonzaga

• Love
Reactions: Boiler Buck
Kansas getting points at home? Sign me up for that one.

Agree on UNC!

Great day of hoops. I haven't looked at tomorrow's list, but we have to be about the only big game.

Some interesting B1G spreads (from DK)

Northwestern only a 1 pt fave at Minneosta

Rutgers 4 pt dog at Michigan …wouldn’t want to touch this one

Maryland 6.5 pt dog at Sparty

Great day of hoops. I haven't looked at tomorrow's list, but we have to be about the only big game.
Only real game in the timeslot. There are some good games late Sunday which is odd. Illinois-Nebraska for one.

I like Kansa getting points at home, NW on the road -1, Kentucky at home -1, and Ole Miss home dog. Not touching Carolina

I like Kansa getting points at home, NW on the road -1, Kentucky at home -1, and Ole Miss home dog. Not touching Carolina
Sampson is 0-7 at KU…and always tough to bet against KU at home.

Will Nw have another hangover after playin Purdue and drop a head scratcher?

UK vs UT is going to be a good one. Both off losses…can UK shutdown Knecht?

Auburn is very good but tough to win on the road in conf

I’m taking UNC. Don’t believe in Duke…they haven’t really beaten anyone besides Baylor on a neutral. Until they do, I can’t believe in them. Still don’t get how they’re 7…except for the media wanting to hype it up.

Gonna be a good day of hoops!!!

They gave Archie Miller 4 years so they have to give Woodson at least 4 years!!!

It’s my 8 year old’s “that’s not fair” clause and I really hope it is a viable defense in this situation.
😂 😂 I’m not sure they want to spend more more on buying out yet another coach….probably let him ride it out one more season.

If they hired a new coach at the end of this year, I’d assume it’d have to be May or a another P5 coach that could bring his own recruits/transfers cuz if not, they’re goin to be looking at another few years of this because McNeeley is the only recruit right now and that may even change to zero.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
CBS's tv graphic is annoying,
trying to cycle the player names underneath whoever happens to have the ball

Iu just embarrassing really

That's just a shame. Heartbreak down South. Sign up Woodson 4 more years.

Congrats to PSU. Out their star player and still win on the road convincingly, even if it was vs league bottom feeder.

Last edited:
Reactions: pboiler18
They showed video in Bloomington of fans exiting with 3 minutes to go. IU got themselves in a predicament with Woody. Curious who stays and goes on their roster but 1 recruit signed, not a good omen.
But in our NIL world a lot can change quickly. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Woodson is gone, regardless of the buyout. Indiana fans are desperate and their big supporters have very, very deep pockets. I have no inside information. Just opining.

I just checked the IU score on my phone, I assumed you guys were joking or it was an inside thing I didn't get. So without their leading scorer, PSU just rolls Indinia at home? That happened? We all joke about NIT... but they are actually going to miss the tournament yet again aren't they? I don't pay a ton of attention to IU because we have our own demons I am focused on (getting past the Elite 8 this year FAINLLY) but what is the deal with that program? We are always fighting for our lives every year and Painter develops talent and somehow, we're always pretty good... meanwhile Indiana has 5 star recruits and the history (although it's more like a history similar to the Browns. Being good and winning before most fans were alive to see it). They are a complete joke the past 15 years or so.

1. Did RMK leave a curse on them like the Bambino or Cubs Billy Goat? :D
2. They have talent, were Crean, Miller and Woodson really THAT bad?
3. Is it by design? Like the University has put less of an emphasis on athletics?
4. Parity and Luck? Is it every year they are "close" to being competitive but ill-timed injuries, etc make it look worse? All teams are really pretty close now.

Not trolling IU or being a d-bag (okay, maybe a little), I am generally curious how they can consistently be such a dumpster fire. Not only losing a ton of games and missing the tournament more times than not - but their culture is NOT IU. It's not RMK, it's flagrant fouls, laziness, suspensions for personal conduct, etc. It's kind of embarring for the state of Indiana at times honestly.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
"iu....iu....iu.....iu.....iu...iu......iu...."

Watched 4 minutes of the game, had to turn the channel. Can't stand the drones chanting that over & over on TV. The only school in the nation whose fans sound as bad as the team. Unwatchable on so many counts.

I had not noticed it being so bad until the past few years. Is it that the crowd is so quiet, all we can hear on TV is that stupid "IU... IU... "? It's SO mind-numbing and a makes me feel so thankful for the Paint Crew!

I just checked the IU score on my phone, I assumed you guys were joking or it was an inside thing I didn't get. So without their leading scorer, PSU just rolls Indinia at home? That happened? We all joke about NIT... but they are actually going to miss the tournament yet again aren't they? I don't pay a ton of attention to IU because we have our own demons I am focused on (getting past the Elite 8 this year FAINLLY) but what is the deal with that program? We are always fighting for our lives every year and Painter develops talent and somehow, we're always pretty good... meanwhile Indiana has 5 star recruits and the history (although it's more like a history similar to the Browns. Being good and winning before most fans were alive to see it). They are a complete joke the past 15 years or so.

1. Did RMK leave a curse on them like the Bambino or Cubs Billy Goat? :D
2. They have talent, were Crean, Miller and Woodson really THAT bad?
3. Is it by design? Like the University has put less of an emphasis on athletics?
4. Parity and Luck? Is it every year they are "close" to being competitive but ill-timed injuries, etc make it look worse? All teams are really pretty close now.

Not trolling IU or being a d-bag (okay, maybe a little), I am generally curious how they can consistently be such a dumpster fire. Not only losing a ton of games and missing the tournament more times than not - but their culture is NOT IU. It's not RMK, it's flagrant fouls, laziness, suspensions for personal conduct, etc. It's kind of embarring for the state of Indiana at times honestly.
My take…they are running an offense that doesn’t have the players needed for it to work. I haven’t watched close enough to know if they had the players would that offense produce enough 3PAs. In this modern era of bball the 3 ball is very important to be able to make and take.

Besides that, u think it’s a combo of things.
It seems the 5 stars they have aren’t as good as previous 5 stars were. Ware could be an absolute beast—he has amazing stats against so-so competition, but has been unimpressive vs bigs of similar skill. Reneau has greatly improved but can’t hit FTs and is still very foul prone. Mgbako may be, to me, one of the biggest fake 5 stars I’ve ever seen play. Don’t get me wrong, he has a very good stroke when wide open, but he is slow, un athletic and can’t guard a trash can.

Combine that with betting on Xavier Johnson and Gallo as your backcourt, with Cupps and Gunn, well it’s a bit of a disaster. X is in some kind of space where he has forgotten how to play good basketball and has decided to flop on every chance contact. Galloway has regressed back to his usual shooting %, which isn’t good—hes never been a shooter. He’s a great 6th man, and is who we all hoped Morton would be. Gunn and Banks just haven’t developed like they hoped and Cupps should really only be playing a max of 10 mins. Not to put disrespect on Morton again, but Cupps is a mini Morton. Although, Morton is quicker and longer.

Then there’s not a ton of effort on rebounding or the 50/50 balls and it seems the defensive scheme woody is running does not mix well with the players he has recruited. Today, it seemed like even the fundamentals were forgotten by IU. Such a waste of talent with Ware and Reneau.

I had not noticed it being so bad until the past few years. Is it that the crowd is so quiet, all we can hear on TV is that stupid "IU... IU... "? It's SO mind-numbing and a makes me feel so thankful for the Paint Crew!
"Mind numbing" ..... Yep perfect term for iu basketball 🤡s.

Watched 4 minutes of the game, had to turn the channel. Can't stand the drones chanting that over & over on TV. The only school in the nation whose fans sound as bad as the team. Unwatchable on so many counts.
Think the cheerleaders are just too close to the sound haha

Reactions: Boiler Buck

I told my wife - if that is the most intelligent chant they can do for the whole F8king game, Geezus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT