ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Week thread

Welp - it's 40-23 now as Iowa State has opened the second half on a 10-0 run. These two teams had played two close/fierce battles. Houston is capable of making a run with its defense, though. This result (IF it plays out) could open things up for Connecticut as the overall #1 perhaps.

Candidly, I will say that to me Houston and Connecticut had been playing slightly better than Purdue lately......some of that is being stuck in the Big Ten quagmire.

I really just want to see how focused Purdue comes out next week. Reserving judgment and no expectations.....haha.

Yes, don't think I want to see Iowa State in the Tourney. One of a few teams, when on, can run you out of the gym.

Yes, don't think I want to see Iowa State in the Tourney. One of a few teams, when on, can run you out of the gym.

Seeing projections for Purdue, Tennessee, Creighton, Kansas in Midwest and Iowa State as the #2 in the East with Connecticut, Illinois, and Kentucky.

IF that were the East Region - Good Golly, Miss Molly! :)

Reactions: Boiler Buck
How about how Kent State lost? They make a basket with about 7 seconds left to take a 1-point lead. Akron inbounds it and a Kent player purposely commits a foul. 2 FTs and Akron wins.

NC State even being close in this game, much less winning it, might be the biggest shock of the entire week.

Excited College Sports GIF by College Colors Day

This game could have gotten really interesting if North Carolina could have made ANY of the numerous 3-pt FG attempts they got...wow.

One thing is a certainty: We will play a PIG winner. For one thing, the Indy games are Friday. Also, it's a short trip from Dayton. Likely the Wednesday PIG game.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
End of Grand Canyon/UT Arlington was pretty crazy. GC was up 10 with time running out, guy gets a break away meaningless dunk (bush league play) UTA players didn't care for that, one runs into him on purpose and then another throws the ball at him dodge ball style. Both were ejected. I don't think I've ever seen a guy throw a ball at a player like that.

Anybody watching the A10 championship? Talk about cringeworthy basketball.

Duquesne was up 36-22 at half. It's now 42-39 with less than 7 minutes to go. VCU has outscored Duquesne 17-6 in the second half.

Don't know if either team will get to 50.

• Wow
Reactions: Boiler Buck
Anybody watching the A10 championship? Talk about cringeworthy basketball.

Duquesne was up 36-22 at half. It's now 42-39 with less than 7 minutes to go. VCU has outscored Duquesne 17-6 in the second half.

Don't know if either team will get to 50.
Did you see the red, white and blue streamers come down and delay the game for a few minutes? Thought that was for sure horrible karma for Duquesne.

• Haha
Reactions: rgarlitz
Did you see the red, white and blue streamers come down and delay the game for a few minutes? Thought that was for sure horrible karma for Duquesne.
Ya, that was wild. Duquesne was up 38-22 at the time. Right on cue, VCU went on a 10-0 run.

51-48 Duquene. Under a minute left.

It's been a second half of chucked 3s, shot clock violations, and sloppy turnovers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT