ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Tournament - Second Round Games

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Some good match-ups today, Saturday - all times (Eastern time)

Midwest:

Gonzaga (5)/Kansas (4) - 3:15 pm , CBS
(Salt Lake City, UT)

Texas (7)/Tennessee (2) - 8:00 pm, CBS
(Charlotte, NC)

Oregon (11)/Creighton (3) - 9:40 pm, TBS
(Pittsburgh, PA)

South:

Oakland (14)/North Carolina State (11) - 7:10 pm, TBS
(Pittsburgh, PA)

East:

Washington State (7)/Iowa State (2), 6:10 pm, TNT
(Omaha, NE)

Duquesne (11)/Illinois (3), 8:40 pm, TNT
(Omaha, NE)

West:

Dayton (7)/Arizona (2), 12:45 pm, CBS
(Salt Lake City, UT)

Michigan State (9)/North Carolina (1), 5:30 pm, CBS
(Charlotte, NC)

Rick Barnes going up against his former program and assistant, Texas and coach Rodney Terry. This is the bottom of Purdue's Region, the Midwest. The top half where if Purdue advances, the winner of Kansas/Gonzaga will be waiting. In the West, Tom Izzo attempts to get his first NCAA win against North Carolina (currently 0-4) and upset a top seed. Illinois and Iowa State appear to be on a collision course for next week in Boston.

Creighton/Oregon could be a really good one to end the day.

Purdue will play Utah State Sunday in Indianapolis - 2:40 pm on CBS.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerAndy
No doubt, a very good slate of Round of 32 games. Just going to sit back and enjoy watching without any stress.

Reactions: Schnelk
I misread this, thinking Carolina and Sparty were starting the day. But they are not of course.

I misread this, thinking Carolina and Sparty were starting the day. But they are not of course.

Here are the games in chronological order for scheduled tip:

We only get one game/no choice with the first three CBS' triple-header.

Dayton (7)/Arizona (2), 12:45 pm, CBS
(Salt Lake City, UT)

Gonzaga (5)/Kansas (4) - 3:15 pm , CBS
(Salt Lake City, UT)

Michigan State (9)/North Carolina (1), 5:30 pm, CBS
(Charlotte, NC)

Washington State (7)/Iowa State (2), 6:10 pm, TNT
(Omaha, NE)

Oakland (14)/North Carolina State (11) - 7:10 pm, TBS
(Pittsburgh, PA)

Texas (7)/Tennessee (2) - 8:00 pm, CBS
(Charlotte, NC)

Duquesne (11)/Illinois (3), 8:40 pm, TNT
(Omaha, NE)

Oregon (11)/Creighton (3) - 9:40 pm, TBS
(Pittsburgh, PA)

Indianapolis opens the day tomorrow with Marquette/Colorado, and Purdue/Utah State follows as the 2nd game of the CBS openers......then Duke/JMU.

Memo to the Flyers - you may not want to let Caleb Love get in rhythm. Even getting the friendly bounces. Arizona looking good so far to get to Los Angeles with an early double-digit lead.

If Illinois gets past Duquesne, it will be a Battle Royale in Boston with the Iowa State Cyclones. I'll be interested to see how effective they are in trying to neutralize Shannon if that's the matchup.

Reactions: Dryfly88
If Oregon and Texas pulled off upsets tonight, I’m not sure if it would be a good things or we’d feel that much more pressure. I feel like both games will be close

lol never mind, Texas can’t run an offense at all. This is like 5 random strangers who aren’t aggressive playing together

Tennessee would have to remain scoreless for the rest of the game for Texas offense to catch them. Despite scoring 53 with 3 mins left. This game has been awful

Illinois making the Sweet 16 means we better make it or we will never hear the end of it

Longhorns should be going to the rack every trip - still have an outside chance here down five. Tennessee hitting a couple of threes opened more space, though.

Didn't have to force that triple.....Tennessee looks like they'll close this out. Good battle despite the bricks and turnovers.

7/8 FT's down the stretch will usually do it. Will this be close to chalk?

Boilers and Creighton have to do their parts for that to happen - long long way to go. Could Oregon pull the upset?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT