ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Week thread

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Today starts some of the major conference tournaments. Most of the rest start tomorrow with the MAC and Ivy that don't start until later in the week. The A-10 kicks it off in about an hour with Davidson vs Fordham.

Some notes: St. Mary's and Gonzaga, again, in the WCC tonight.

DICK and McCullar both out for the Big 12 tournament. Have to wonder about the NCAA Tournament for them as well.

Duke and Carolina and nobody else in the ACC? Heck even Pitt got a double bye.

Kansas in big trouble. If those 2 are out for the dance, will be very interested to see how committee seeds them.
One of my guys at work and I are trying to figure the line for KU-Cincy tomorrow. Tough one. I think KU is still favored maybe 1.5. He like Cincy -3.

• Sad
Reactions: Do Dah Day
Kansas in big trouble. If those 2 are out for the dance, will be very interested to see how committee seeds them.
I’ve seen them anywhere from a 3-5 seed. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them stay at 4 because they are Kansas. Similar to people looking at MSU resume and saying not a tourney team but the committee will let them in because they don’t want to break Izzo’s streak.

Cincinnati now -3.5.

BYU looks good right now. Sneaky sleeper in the tournament?

Trending toward a possible 4-seed? Interesting where they go - think it has to be a TH/Saturday pod and Region - still leaves some flexibility than before the pod system.

On a related note, the Big XII could possibly get five of the top-16 seeds (Houston, Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, and BYU), but that's still fluid.

Trending toward a possible 4-seed? Interesting where they go - think it has to be a TH/Saturday pod and Region - still leaves some flexibility than before the pod system.

On a related note, the Big XII could possibly get five of the top-16 seeds (Houston, Iowa State, Baylor, Kansas, and BYU), but that's still fluid.
Right, so no matter what, they can't be in Purdue's region.

Everything is going to hinge on whether they expect DICK and McCullar to play. Doesn't look good.
What's interesting is I think they are going to say both are going to be good to go and hope the committee believes them. They are legitimately as good as 3 seed quality with them and 12 seed quality without them. I'm guessing they end up on the 5 line.

• Angry
Reactions: Do Dah Day
What's interesting is I think they are going to say both are going to be good to go and hope the committee believes them. They are legitimately as good as 3 seed quality with them and 12 seed quality without them. I'm guessing they end up on the 5 line.
Yeah I was thinking 4 but same diff.

Connecticut/Xavier

Minnesota/Michigan State

could be interesting starting games - Gophers/Spartans might be a back-and-forth battle.

Houston/TCU @ 2:00 (CENTRAL time).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT